Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

On set’s page on LEGO.com, the video at the end of all the pictures makes the set better. The functions look cool, especially the guns popping out of the Batmobile. However, $400 is still too much for the Batwall. 

Imagine if they’d left off the front and just put that budget into a 3 sided walled off Batcave with crazy rock detail.

or better yet, have the front open up down the middle so it’s less obtrusive and pointless when displayed open, instead of having to find another 51cm space for the bat symbol side, the two halves could have had their own fold out platforms and sections; think Harry Potter classroom book style.

If the regular set Batmobile is poor compared to this, and this set goes down by 30/40%, I’ll consider getting it for the batmobile and parts, immediately selling the Minifigures (not a burton movies fan)

31 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

On set’s page on LEGO.com, the video at the end of all the pictures makes the set better. The functions look cool, especially the guns popping out of the Batmobile. 

Agreed, I really appreciate all the features, especially the guns on the Batmobile, the opening cabinets, and the Batcomputer! I suppose the two motives (Catwoman / Penguin) are stickers on a round 8x8 tile :sweet:

Now that we finally have HD pics from a proper reveal, it looks like the 2006 Batcave is keeping the crown after all. While I'm mixed on the set, I'm still going to plan on getting it...just when it's on sale for a good price because 520 Canadian for this is borderline robbery. It feels like we've been cheated out of a proper Batcave since a good chunk of the piece count goes toward the symbol outline, while the actual Batcave itself is just the Batcomputer, a gadget wall (which I don't even think there WAS one in the Burton movies), the suit vault, and a spot for the Batmobile with a tool rack. This set doesn't even feel like it's strictly supposed to be the Batcave from Batman Returns since that's clearly the Batcomputer from the 1989 movie, so it's more of an amalgamation of the two designs (I don't mind though since I always preferred the Batcomputer from the '89 movie more than the one from Returns anyways). Some of the aspects of this set give me huge nostalgia flashbacks to the '06 Batcave as well, particularly the guard rails, the ladder stair pieces, and especially the suit vault. I'm a little let down that it doesn't let you store multiple Batsuits, but at least it lights up...yay?

The updated Batmobile is the highlight for me. I'm surprised that they included it in this set instead of splitting it up with the one coming in August and making people buy both while using another vehicle here like the Batskiboat. This one is missing the hubcaps with the bat symbols printed on it, so there's one thing the August set could include to differentiate the two. While the base of it is pretty much the same from the GWP version, the side details, canopy, and fins got a big upgrade. The sides look way more intricate instead of sticking a barrel piece on the side and calling it a day, the canopy has a lot more curves to it (though this one STILL looks like a one seater, come on Lego, are you really not going to use that Speed Champions chassis piece for this?). The brick built fins are a BIG step up from those terrible one piece bat fins from last time, though it irks me that they stuck a 1x1 plate on the end instead of a 1x1 tile to make it completely smooth, it's an easy fix though. The pop up machine guns being included as a feature are a huge plus, already better than the McFarlane version. Seeing this makes me want to see the August set even more because I really wonder if Lego is going to take this exact same design and repackage it as a separate, cheaper set so that they can make even more money. Good luck trying to find a spot for the Batwing to fit in this, maybe along the top.

The minifigures are a mixed bag for me. There was no need to include Max Shreck in this, it's even worse that nothing about him is exclusive and the face they used for him makes it look like Christopher Walken now instead of from 30 years ago where he did not look that old. Catwoman using the Black Panther ear piece instead of the standard cat cowl is an interesting choice, though I guess it works since the ears on her mask are way more pointier and narrow instead of trying to look like cat ears. Penguin could've been a lot more paler, I'm almost tempted to get the Lego Batman Movie version as a substitute since that one looks way more accurate to Devito's appearance in the movie. Alfred looks perfect, and the Bruce Wayne figure looks close enough to Michael Keaton to work. The two Batman figures are hilarious to me because Lego really shot themselves in the foot when they made the Batman 1992 polybag. You could literally just get two of those and wait for the August sets with the new cowl piece and you'll have the two Batman figures from this set in your possession.

All in all, this went from a Day 1 buy when it was first reported to a new game of patience in order to see how long it's going to take for this thing to drop in price. 

It's an interesting set. Never thought LEGO would make a $400 Batbook set.

12 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

For those that have a good eye for repeated minifigure parts, what are the exclusive/reused parts on the figures?

Wondering how many could be recreated from other sets and which sets they are in?

Catwoman and Penguin are the obvious exclusive ones. Is second Batman using same torso as Batman in polybag and just new cowl (which will likely be in future sets the difference?) exclusive?

StoneWars did a breakdown in their recent article, look under the "Minifiguren" heading.

Though when they say that, for example, Catwoman is exclusive, that likely only refers to the torso and head so you might get away with buying individual parts.

Edited by brickbride

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

We need an @Captain Nemo rant on this set please.

He's done a story rant on Instagram but we'd love the expanded version here.

How do you make a $500 ucs lego batcave set so ugly... even if its 89 based, add zome waterfalls or something

And i really thought the box would be gray and you'd just see the silhouette of the batsymbol...

Edited by thephantasm

I have the problem of idealizing each set, when it is announced, and when I see it the first reaction is negative, because obviously it's not what I expected. But after metabolizing it I'm quite happy with this Cave, especially after watching the videos that go into detail (although probably with the dust and my fingerprints on the black bricks, it will be less exciting :-| )

I still think it's a chance wasted: as you have already said, tying the set to Batman Returns makes no sense, a Comics version had great potential, the lowest floor could be the trophy room, add some color and distribute easter-eggs everywhere.

For me the minifigures are very important and the result is disappointing, few characters, very few details. too lazy for the high price range

Edited by Legocentrico

7 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Arthur Weasley from the Ministry of Magic set.

5 hours ago, brickbride said:

StoneWars did a breakdown in their recent article, look under the "Minifiguren" heading.

Though when they say that, for example, Catwoman is exclusive, that likely only refers to the torso and head so you might get away with buying individual parts.

Thanks both!

Like everyone else, the price is too much,  the minifigs could have had more work done to them. The overall concept is cool, and will make a nice addition for the display shelf and as a tragic dc collector I will buy this on sale, just like I buy all my Lego sets  I mean who really can afford to buy Lego at full price.All themes hit sales between 20 to 30 % off. 

Ps, in the notes for the features on the lego website it mentions find inspirations for new builds,  do we get alternative deign layout option's or have I misread this completely??

Thanks in advance!

Ps Ps I hope we still get the BAS Skyline next year,  and would love a bunch of new whacky bat vehicle designs with Batman and his DC freinds

Edited by Lionbear8

I think it would look better if the box was dark bluish gray since it matches the color of the cave but I'll still buy it anyway plus I wish it included The Flash figures

17 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Fixed it! :pir-laugh:

You really did, the whole Shadowbox concept is a waste but if they are gonna do they should've at least done it right, it needs contrast to work so black and grey against grey and black does not, does not, does not work!

4 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I think it would look better if the box was dark bluish gray since it matches the color of the cave but I'll still buy it anyway plus I wish it included The Flash figures

That would be worse, see above.

The cave definitely feels like a wasted opportunity. It is not a terrible set, but at $400 the quality bar is too high, so anything less than perfection feels like a big disappointment. A comic cave would have more color (the Trex and the coin) and more desirable (and colorful) minifigs. As a result, the shadowbox concept would look better.

When are the pics of the alleged batwing and batmobile sets being released?

1 hour ago, mgetz said:

When are the pics of the alleged batwing and batmobile sets being released?

They’re supposed to release in August, so we’ll probably gets official pics in July, maybe late June. Leaks will probably be June.