Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

15 minutes ago, EthanWilbarb said:

I see the vision but itd be such a blunder to make a $450 BATMAN set and then pack it with either minifigures we've gotten before or characters like Flash and Zod when they could give us... BATMAN characters

I wouldn’t worry about it. Shoving a bunch of non-Batman characters into something Batman is the exact opposite of DC’s usual strategy.

33 minutes ago, EthanWilbarb said:

I see the vision but itd be such a blunder to make a $450 BATMAN set and then pack it with either minifigures we've gotten before or characters like Flash and Zod when they could give us... BATMAN characters

idk i feel like its better than just batman seeing as thats all we have gotten for what, like 3 years now?

1 hour ago, Surge said:

idk i feel like its better than just batman seeing as thats all we have gotten for what, like 3 years now?

Ehhh idk. I’d rather take the opportunity to get Bat characters we aren’t getting elsewhere *cough cough Azrael cough*

1 hour ago, NovaBricks said:

Ehhh idk. I’d rather take the opportunity to get Bat characters we aren’t getting elsewhere *cough cough Azrael cough*

I'm sad that we wouldn't get the design with the cross on it since that's my favorite one, but yeah, Azreal would be awesome. He's like if Daredevil was also Punisher.

3 hours ago, DaredevilFan said:

Thinking about past sets like the helicarrier and hogwarts, I’m really hoping it’s not microscale figure based. Hopefully we get more info soon - could speculate forever 😂

Oh god, that thought didn't even cross my mind. That would be horrible, but I can totally see it happening. Although no reason why they would leave out Wayne Manor then. It would also sound a little bit boring, that would make it like just a big cave filled with micro builds... On second thought they wouldn’t do that, right? Right?!?!?!

4 hours ago, DaredevilFan said:

Thinking about past sets like the helicarrier and hogwarts, I’m really hoping it’s not microscale figure based. Hopefully we get more info soon - could speculate forever 😂

Why would you put this horrible idea into my head. If this ends up happening I'm blaming you in particular (or, well, thanking you for saving me the money i guess)

35 minutes ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

It's not going to be microscale.

It's obviously going to be built around the Batman buildable figure that's releasing.

No, no, no, no no! Just stop it! :wink:

Semi-off-topic... Did Lego roll out this many expensive D2Cs last year? We're now having LOTR, DC, Marvel, SW...

It's going to be an expensive year for me - definitely getting the LOTR and DC. I am yet to purchase the modular.

43 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Semi-off-topic... Did Lego roll out this many expensive D2Cs last year? We're now having LOTR, DC, Marvel, SW...

It's going to be an expensive year for me - definitely getting the LOTR and DC. I am yet to purchase the modular.

Besides the Hulkbuster and Black Panther bust, 2022 was actually pretty good in terms of D2C sets between the Sanctum Sanctorum, Razor Crest, and Hogwarts Express. If the Batcave lives up to the hype though, I think that and Rivendell alone will beat 2022. 

1 hour ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Besides the Hulkbuster and Black Panther bust, 2022 was actually pretty good in terms of D2C sets between the Sanctum Sanctorum, Razor Crest, and Hogwarts Express. If the Batcave lives up to the hype though, I think that and Rivendell alone will beat 2022. 

Oh right, there were actually 3x Marvel d2c’s last year but the two were garbage! That’s why I didn’t remember. Lol 

Hope Lego learned it’s lesson. 

Edited by hikouki

I wonder if we'll be able to get the gradual line of clues and confirmations of minifigures in the Batcave prior to the official reveal, similar to what was done with the Daily Bugle (that started around when? March?), or if those sort of specific details are being kept under tighter wraps from insiders.  I did think that made things a bit more fun in the lead up to actually seeing the set.

Edited by spiderfan2000

I do hope this breathes new life into the Batman theme though as I'm still holding out for a $500+ Arkham Asylum, it's the only way to do that set some real justice. 

7 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I wonder if we'll be able to get the gradual line of clues and confirmations of minifigures in the Batcave prior to the official reveal, similar to what was done with the Daily Bugle (that started around when? March?), or if those sort of specific details are being kept under tighter wraps from insiders.  I did think that made things a bit more fun in the lead up to actually seeing the set.

So... you're asking for... riddles?

44 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I’ll give you our first one.

He always wears black, or grey and blue.

He has a cool car and lots of money too.

He fights crime by night, and whenever we can

His sidekick is Robin, his name is …

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Morbius.

*"The Batman" riddler voice* No, No, No, NOoooo, wrong! The correct answer is Black Adam!

Jokes aside the morbius response may be my favorite comment on this site.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I want a go at writing rhyming riddles!

He'd better be there or we'll have a fit

True gentleman and not a git

Sure to sell for hundred of times his worth

He shares the name that I've had since birth.

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Well, that would be fitting.  Maybe not quite as much if it turns out the Riddler isn't included, but still.  It'd be nice to have something to go off of for trying to figure out who gets included, and it doesn't exactly help that we don't even have confirmation which version of the Batcave this is going to be (though at a $450 price, it doesn't make much sense for it to be anything other than a comics version, or maybe a BTAS version)

So many great ideas on the forum! This is what it's all about! 

As for me, was not expecting a Batcave,  as I thought it would be alot of grey bricks! But the inside of the Batcave is what's going to matter the most! 

So I'm really pumped for this! And I hope people do talk with there wallets,  so there is future set D2C based on DC locations and maybe a extension(s) for this set!

As for what I would hope for to be in the set,  goes a little something like this.

1. At least 15 minifigs - 10 standard villians and hero's, 5 new hero's or villians,  all new designs.

2. A rotating car platform, to accommodate at least 3 vehicles

3. A bat family suit display 

4. The Trophy room e.g coin, t rex 

5. A water display option e.g Bat Pier 

6. Many more, if they hit one I'll be wrapped. 

The rest is in the hands of the designers, who I think we need to have faith in, as they too are Bat Fans! 

Can't wait for future leaks and maybe some surprises from Lego as well.

TALK WITH YOUR WALLETS!

On 2/24/2023 at 7:29 PM, Agent Kallus said:

He'd better be there or we'll have a fit

True gentleman and not a git

Sure to sell for hundred of times his worth

Did we just get a name reveal? *oh2* This is one for the history books.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

Since this has devolved into the “dc riddle thread” I’ll have a go

From black in the dawn of night

to a disabled woman in the light

its a character I find adorable

going by their secret name of…

Edited by Lemerbrix

On 2/24/2023 at 1:29 PM, Agent Kallus said:

Wait, this doesn't make sense. Alexsandr doesn't fit with any of the other clues. Are you saying you aren't, in fact, Agent Kallus?

Let me try my hand at a few of my favorites:  

A real marksman, who prefers firearms to crowbars,

With the rest of the family he often spars,

For what happened to him, Joker holds the blame,

If Amell's Queen wore maroon, he might share his name.

Similar to a certain devil, though she prefers to wear black,

trained by one of the bat's enemies for her form of attack,

She's never showed up in films, though she's more than able,

at one point, taking bruce's familial situation as her label.

A child of the 90s, if in form not in function,

righteousness guides his violent compunctions,

Sometimes an enemy of the batman, sometimes a friend,

upon his blade criminals shall meet their end.