Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, thebricksbear said:

The only other Marvel set we're expecting is the X-mansion, and I think we're all hoping it's the $170 set if anything...

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s much more then $170

With the way Lego is pricing sets these days, let alone X-men sets, $170 is probably just going to be just a window and a door, with 5 minifigs that have no leg printing. Lol

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s much more then $170

This is the second time you've talked about this set as if it's confirmed, so I think it's confirmed. But why has no one "officially" announced the news yet?

Just now, Legocentrico said:

This is the second time you've talked about this set as if it's confirmed, so I think it's confirmed. But why has no one "officially" announced the news yet?

He's a leaker.... Being vague and mysterious is what he does. :wink:

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

the set leaked in the same prelim as a variety of sets that have since leaked from other sources (I think one or two were confirmed but I don't remember for sure), so it's coming, we just don't know anything else about it.

Honestly, the closer we get to Avengers 5, 6 & potentially 7 the more it feels like Lego is going to just give up with tie-in movie sets as a whole. How are they supposed to reliably create and release sets for films that are getting pushed back, reshot and reshuffled then dumped all at once into cinemas - especially when they may only be provided with concept art.

No wonder they stopped bothering with a majority of the characters and started only doing singular sets for certain films.

• Deadpool 3 was supposed to be November 2024 and Lego likely planned to have the X-Men Mansion at the same time for cross-promotion and now the film is in July 2024 so that won't work.
  • Captain America 4 was meant to have a set releasing in April 2024 with the film releasing in May 2024 and now it's going to be February 2025, so it may not even have a set at all around that time and we may see the movie spoiled by 76292 if that releases prior to the trailer, if the set even remains accurate given the reshoots.
  • Fantastic Four was meant to be February 2025 and now it's been pushed back to May 2025, I guess sets would need to be delayed if Captain America 4 has any sets in February 2025.
  • Thunderbolts was meant to be in December 2024 and now it's releasing in Summer 2025 so I'm guessing any planned sets would be pushed back and considering the cast I'd guess you'd need more than one set for this one
1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

Normally they don't label it as confirmed for a combination of the following:

• With inflation the prices may change massively
  • We've had prior experience of set numbers being shifted to other themes
  • Superheroes tend to be categorized together so could potentially be DC
  • The original source is not as proven/reliable so they don't want to label it as confirmation
  • Lego in recent years has been cancelling sets randomly for little logical reasons so it may not be a set that will release at all

As such it's easier to label it as 'rumored' to cover themselves until they have more information on what the sets are.

At the end of the day the X-Men Mansion was leaked in a survey to determine the pricing and IF people would end up buying it, there's still potential for it to not actually get released in 2024 or at all. It could easily be that they've altered plans. I'd lean more to it releasing in November 2024 as a scheduled cross-promotion with Deadpool 3 (before it got shifted forward to May 2024 then to July 2024)

Given the piece count and figure count, there's zero chance the X-Men Mansion in the form we saw it would wind up releasing for $170.

8 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I believe that @Falconfan1414 said that we are still getting the Cap 4 set in 2024.

Original info on the set was:
Set Number - 76292
Piece Count - 223
Price - $49.99

1st April 2024

Maybe it's delayed at minimum as we won't even have a trailer for Captain America 4 until very late in 2024. I could see them pushing the set back to November/December 2024 given the film is releasing February 2025 at the earliest. I also think we're going to be in an extremely awkward position here, whatever 76292 includes, there's no way it covers all the key characters for that piece count and pricing. At best we're going to wind up with maybe 2/3 figures and a potential big fig, at worse the set is just poorly priced like with the X-Jet or The Hoopty.

14 hours ago, Grabdatgem said:

Has anyone seen the set numbers and prices for 2024 are floating around out there. Do we know if they’re legit? 

Likely come from an original source that is not proven. Will add them to the 'updated list' when we get a 2024 thread... but for the moment there's not much point speculating over them because they could be anything including fake, mislabelled as Marvel, etc... We only have a rough idea of a potential set with Quicksilver given a torso leak and probably a mech set if the pricing is accurate.

Edited by Scarilian

47 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Maybe it's delayed at minimum as we won't even have a trailer for Captain America 4 until very late in 2024. I could see them pushing the set back to November/December 2024 given the film is releasing February 2025 at the earliest. I also think we're going to be in an extremely awkward position here, whatever 76292 includes, there's no way it covers all the key characters for that piece count and pricing. At best we're going to wind up with maybe 2/3 figures and a potential big fig, at worse the set is just poorly priced like with the X-Jet or The Hoopty.

I remember there being talks about a potential second set for Captain America 4. If this is real, then everything will be split between this and 76292, and it will hopefully cover at least most of what’s in the film. However, it seems like we have a while until we’ll know. 

59 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Original info on the set was:
Set Number - 76292
Piece Count - 223
Price - $49.99

1st April 2024

At best we're going to wind up with maybe 2/3 figures and a potential big fig, 

We had better get a bigfig!! 

48 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

We had better get a bigfig!! 

As much as I want that, given the price tag, I wouldn't count on it unfortunately. Although it would make the piece count make more sense but after the Hoopty and the X-Jet I think that's out the window.

Edited by ToaDraco

26 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

As much as I want that, given the price tag, I wouldn't count on it unfortunately. Although it would make the piece count make more sense but after the Hoopty and the X-Jet I think that's out the window.

I can exclusively confirm the set contains captain falcon (New face and torso prints, brick built wings, no leg printing), president ross (all parts re-uses), a stud shooter for ross, and 196 studs for ross to shoot.

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I can exclusively confirm the set contains captain falcon (New face and torso prints, brick built wings, no leg printing), president ross (all parts re-uses), a stud shooter for ross, and 196 studs for ross to shoot.

You actually had me for a second! 

Happy holidays to everyone, I wanted to brag about an absolute steal I found recently. Once again, Barnes and Noble is the goat. I bought the Iron Man 2 Hall of Armor at "30%" off (it was really 27%, deceptive listing) a few months ago and fell in love. The War Machine was my particular favorite but every figure in that set along with the build itself was phenomenal. I ordered that off of Lego.com and it ignited a nostalgia for Phase 1 and the Iron Man films in particular. It reminded me of my childhood and the hype I had for the MCU as it was starting out. I chose then to add the Iron Man 1 Iron Monger set to my collection as a companion to this display. Having bought the Hall of Armor recently, I was disappointed to find this Iron Man 1 set was retired since last year! But low and behold, I managed to find a perfect box (and the very last one!) at a Barnes and Noble that also had the retired Wolverine Mech, which I already own. 

The build is accurate, clean, bulky, and exciting. I love the Iron Monger design and its impressive how both of these sets pull me into their respective movies. I feel like both were such strong representations of the first two iron Men films. All we need now is iron Man 2 Black Widow, That was my personal favorite MCU Black Widow design and it sported her darkest "natural" red hair moment. The only time she sported a darker red since then was the bottle red color with blonde tips she had in Endgame when she bore the braided look. So that curly dark red spy look remains very distinct so I hope Lego finds it in them to include her in an Infinity Saga set eventually.

And finally on this topic with the recent reveal of the Friends Reunion House, I am hoping Lego chooses to produce a Malibu Mansion at a similar scale. A $200 Black Panther bust is kind of a snore, and a $300 Hulkbuster feels insane. But for 300 bucks I'd happily pay for Tony's Mansion. I wouldn't; mind if they left the interior space for the Hall of Armor empty to save space. They could leave the empty space to be compatible with the inclusion of former Hall of Armor sets. With such a huge build saving that interior detailing can allow for pieces to be allotted to other rooms. I would expect to see a master bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, staircase and Hall of Armor areas, but a living room, space for his car collection of a balcony would be appreciated as well. In the mean time, I gotta find a way to get that original $50 set from 2013. Which is most definitely going for more than 50 dollars today lol. But yeah, Lego Iron Man sets are fun.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

the set leaked in the same prelim as a variety of sets that have since leaked from other sources (I think one or two were confirmed but I don't remember for sure), so it's coming, we just don't know anything else about it.

More than just one or two :laugh: We’ve seen finalised images of The Sorting Hat, and the other confirmed ones are the Medieval Market, the Snow White cottage, Simba, and Barad-Dûr. Still unconfirmed for 2024 are Donald Duck, the Maleficent diorama, Deku Tree, the Burrow, and Jabba‘s Sailbarge

Day 8 of potential What If set ideas to fill the void of MCU movie sets

Based on episode 9

As it's the finale, this one has a little more spoiler to it in terms of characters, so don't open your final present unless you don't care, or have watched the episode

Doctor Strange Supreme Attack

Figures: Captain Carter (Infinity Stone armour), Kahhori, Doctor Strange Supreme, Killmonger (Infinity Armour) Zombie Scarlet Witch

Build: Strange Supreme's Monster form, purple magical dragon projections and Sanctum Infinitum walls display with Easter eggs of Infinite Ultron, Killmonger & Thanos

14 hours ago, Scarilian said:

We only have a rough idea of a potential set with Quicksilver given a torso leak

99% sure this was fake, I've asked around a couple leakers and nobody I spoke to seems convinced. 

5 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

99% sure this was fake, I've asked around a couple leakers and nobody I spoke to seems convinced. 

True, we don't have much to go off and it was just a singular image. I'm hesitant to write it off completely though as I think it makes sense to revisit AoU and the recent teases we have hinted towards the Iron Legion who only really appeared at the Avengers Tower and the Hydra Fortress Attack at the start of AoU.

16 hours ago, cosmic said:

Happy holidays to everyone

And finally on this topic with the recent reveal of the Friends Reunion House, I am hoping Lego chooses to produce a Malibu Mansion at a similar scale. A $200 Black Panther bust is kind of a snore, and a $300 Hulkbuster feels insane. But for 300 bucks I'd happily pay for Tony's Mansion. I wouldn't; mind if they left the interior space for the Hall of Armor empty to save space. They could leave the empty space to be compatible with the inclusion of former Hall of Armor sets. With such a huge build saving that interior detailing can allow for pieces to be allotted to other rooms. I would expect to see a master bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, staircase and Hall of Armor areas, but a living room, space for his car collection of a balcony would be appreciated as well.

Happy Holidays and congrats on your Lego hauls :)

1666404277602.png

I could see a Malibu Mansion eventually but I think the external shaping is probably what is holding them back along with the notion that a majority of the appeal of the set is the underground segment with Tony's lab, Suit display area, garage and the Hall of Armours. To do the set justice it'd likely need to feature the original 7 armours, the MK42, Dum-E and U, Tony Stark, James Rhodes (Unless they just include a spare head for when he's in the MK2), Pepper Potts, Nick Fury, Maya Hansen , Phil Coulson, etc... along with probably throwing in some more armour variants also and maybe the extremis version of Aldrich Killian (Grey Trousers, new Torso print) because we'll probably never get the Oil Tanker/Docks, and an updated Ben Kingsley's Mandarin because he's the figure everyone would want.

The SW Cantina got a full model after a few small sections, like the Avengers Tower. I am convinced that sooner or later we will see a large Hall of Armor, or rather a large structure with a “complete” Hall of Armor. The Malibu Mansion could be a great set with a crazy selection of minifigures!

What If has been some of my favorite Marvel content in awhile! I haven't been super interested in many of the most recent films, and I've even been disappointed by a lot of the shows (I'm probably one of five people out there that didn't like Loki Season 2). But What If was exactly what I was expecting - not perfect, but still a fun, enjoyable time through the whole season.

If we're going to keep wishlisting the What If minifigs, then here are my two cents:

Spoiler

Looking at Marvel Series 2, I don't think that Giant-Man was a great pick. The episode he was in was one of the best ones, but his character wasn't super important, and there are several characters that I think would have been better: Kahhori, Supreme Strange, or Hela the White, probably in that order, would be my picks personally. Honestly, I would have liked to have WBN dropped to allow another one of them - I never was under the idea he was super well-liked. 

Also, I would love a full set for the 1602 episode - would appeal to both my Marvel side and my castle side. 

I was also at my Target the other day - they had the X-Jet out for $84.99 - right next to a pile of unsold Hoopties, with almost everything else sold out. Feels very poetic to me...

10 hours ago, poisonbricks said:

Usually I dont buy into those kinds of leaks but I believe this one because:

-its lego quality, a literal photo, and hasnt appeared on any customs/bootlegs since the leak, nor is there reason for anyone like firestar to be producing a quicksilver fig at the moment

-Lego is FINALLY listening to what the fans want. We got the Avengers tower, a Spidey set specifically for the Lizard, the X-Jet, new Hulk bigfigs, Wasp, etc... Quicksilver and AoU sets are one of the few things I see requested often.

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

The SW Cantina got a full model after a few small sections, like the Avengers Tower. I am convinced that sooner or later we will see a large Hall of Armor, or rather a large structure with a “complete” Hall of Armor. The Malibu Mansion could be a great set with a crazy selection of minifigures!

The SW cantina's exterior is pretty much just walls, it's not very complex and as a rectangle it's maximizing the size of the interior compared to the size of the exterior. Most of the build is able to be devoted to interior space. The Malibu Mansion's design means that you really can't do something like that.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Beyond the design problems inherent to making a set based on the Malibu Mansion, I think another issue is that it really isn't super iconic or relevant. It's the most famous location from the Iron Man movies, sure, but it really hasn't been important since Iron Man 3 (ten years ago!) and I'm not sure that the average fan cares enough about it that a set would sell well, unless maybe if the set is a glorified Hall of Armor. In my opinion it absolutely falls into the trap most potentially Marvel D2Cs do—it's not ridiculously obscure or anything, but is it really gonna sell enough copies to be worth Lego making it? Probably not. 

Anyway, with Lego's track record lately I am not expecting anything too interesting next year, but I would be down with some more legacy MCU coverage. Maybe we could get an updated Quicksilver? Getting sets based on Loki would be a dream come true, though I don't think there's been anything whatsoever to suggest that'll happen. 

8 ore fa, Mandalorianknight disse:

Il design della Malibu Mansion significa che non puoi davvero fare qualcosa del genere.

I don't think Lego greenlit the Cantina because it's simple. The subject sells well and they have thought about how to earn more. And it's the same reasoning that will lead us to a great Hall of Armor (with or without Malibu). I imagine the difficulty is an exciting challenge for designers, regardless of the set

6 ore fa, Meaf ha detto:

Al di là dei problemi di design inerenti alla realizzazione di un set basato sulla Malibu Mansion, penso che un altro problema sia che non è davvero super iconico o rilevante

This, and the fact that we haven't seen him for so many years, seems like a more realistic problem to me. But Iron Man is Iron Man ^___^

Edited by Legocentrico

I was standing in line at the supermarket thinking how could you do a Hall of Armor without the implications of a Malibu house, and the recent Batcave came to mind! A large shadow box type set, with a house part, stairs down to Tony's lab and a cave with cells. It would be interesting... I wonder if having used that system for DC could somehow interfere with the realization. The exterior could be completely dark red, and instead of the bat we could have the word "marvel" on the facade

I genuinely cant imagine lego ever doing a ucs hall of armor. Are there existing UCS sets that are so blatantly about the minifigs? Like the Bugle and Tower have a lot of great figs but the build is still the centerpiece. A hall of armor would be truly about the minifigs included and I dont see that happening.

Outside of the figs, the hall and the malibu house are pretty niche and undeserving of a UCS imo

Info from maxbautde

Captain America Vs Red Hulk Battle

April 2024/223 pieces/$54.99

Build: fighter jet with opening cockpit, storage compartment and stud shooters

Figures: Cap (Sam), Red Hulk big fig, Falcon (Joaquin Torres) and Sabra

Edited by NXS7