Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

21 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

BP should be in the GWP, and perhaps Wong represents an ethnicity that better represents the inclusive policy of Lego and Disney

Not that they don't do this (The shield agents, for example, or just about every hoth rebel trooper, hogwarts student, etc over the past 2-3 years), but even if we view it through that lens, some of the minifigs still don't make any sense. Why is Wasp there? Why not Maria Hill, or an AoU Widow?

6 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Overall minifigs are a mixed bag, not great but decent. But it’s 500$+ set why can’t Lego be bothered to put more effort in Ucs set? 

Exactly. The minifigure choices here are just weird. For the Bugle, a slew of supes made sense. It was comic-based, anyone could show up (And even then, they restricted the new characters to either ones heavily tied into spidey, such as Firestar, Punisher, and Daredevil, or ones they couldn't do in a non-18+ set like Blade)

Here, it makes no sense, especially since a number of ACTUALLY related characters (ones that would need new prints and ones that could be made from existing parts alike) aren't present. And I don't believe this "to celebrate the entire MCU" stuff either, because as others have said, where's spidey? Dr. Strange? Black Panther? All characters who wouldn't even have needed new prints!

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Not that they don't do this (The shield agents, for example, or just about every hoth rebel trooper, hogwarts student, etc over the past 2-3 years), but even if we view it through that lens, some of the minifigs still don't make any sense. Why is Wasp there? Why not Maria Hill, or an AoU Widow?

Exactly. The minifigure choices here are just weird. For the Bugle, a slew of supes made sense. It was comic-based, anyone could show up (And even then, they restricted the new characters to either ones heavily tied into spidey, such as Firestar, Punisher, and Daredevil, or ones they couldn't do in a non-18+ set like Blade)

Here, it makes no sense, especially since a number of ACTUALLY related characters (ones that would need new prints and ones that could be made from existing parts alike) aren't present. And I don't believe this "to celebrate the entire MCU" stuff either, because as others have said, where's spidey? Dr. Strange? Black Panther? All characters who wouldn't even have needed new prints!

Kinda this, yeah. It feels like they went halfway with some of the scenes. We get the hammer scene, but we don't have a normal Banner (who is an easy inclusion without needing new prints, and it would fit the "I'm always angry" scene with the Leviathan too. We get Vision and Scarlet Witch, but we don't have Quicksilver to complete the birth of Vision (we also don't have the Tony fig from the big Hulkbuster which was made to represent that scene and would have worked easily). We randomly have Wong, but we don't have Strange (we don't need either). We have Fury but no Hill or Coulson that could have easily fit in. I understand some of those are wishlisting to a degree, but there are definitely scenes they could have easily played out that are just missing a fig or two. 

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

13 minuti fa, Mandalorianknight ha detto:

Perché c'è Wasp? Perché non Maria Hill o una vedova AoU?

dov'è spidey? Dott. Strano? Pantera Nera? Tutti i personaggi che non avrebbero nemmeno avuto bisogno di nuove stampe!

They knew that Quantumania would be released, maybe they thought that a woman with films in the cinema was better than a less visible woman... Widow, Strange, Spidey they are all in the summer sets… this could have had an influence

Another important thing to note is that all choices ultimately have to get run through Marvel themselves (as Stafford said with the Bugle). I am very intrigued to hear from the designers which figs they wanted to add but couldn't, etc. if that information can be shared. 

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

BP should be in the GWP, and perhaps Wong represents an ethnicity that better represents the inclusive policy of Lego and Disney

Should have been:

1. Tony Stark
  2. Iron Man MK7
  3. Iron Man MK6
  4. Captain America
  5. Captain America
  6. Thor
  7. Black Widow
  8. The Wasp Iron Legion Armor Drone - Torso and Leg print
  9. Ant-Man (Micro Fig)
  10. Kevin Fiege Quicksilver - Torso print, leg print
  11. Hawkeye
  12. Wanda Maximoff
  13. Falcon
  14. Vision
  15. War Machine
  16. Pepper Potts
  17. Wong Ancient One - Torso print, waist cape, yellow hood
  18. Nick Fury
  19. Helen Cho
  20. Hulk (Big Fig)
  21. Eri Selvig
  22. Tony Stark Shield Agent
  23. Shield Agent
  24. Shield Agent
  25. Alexander Pierce
  26. Chitauri Maria Hill - Torso print, leg print
  27. Chitauri Bruce Banner (Repeat)
  28. Chitauri
  29. Chitauri
  30. Loki
  31. Ultron MK1

This allows for the following:

• A complete version of the Party scene featuring every character in the scene
  • Replication of Ultron MK1 attack scene with the Iron Legion Armor Drones
  • Replication of the Vision Birth scene with every character featured in the scene
  • Replication of Bruce/Ancient One scene
  • Encourages paired sales of the Sanctum Sanctorum
13 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Another important thing to note is that all choices ultimately have to get run through Marvel themselves (as Stafford said with the Bugle). I am very intrigued to hear from the designers which figs they wanted to add but couldn't, etc. if that information can be shared. 

I'd imagine a set is coming with Hulk, Quicksilver and Hawkeye, making it easier for people to get Hulk and Hawkeye while also giving people an updated Quicksilver.

• Bruce was probably not included so people would have some reason to get the small Hulkbuster set.
  • Ancient One they probably felt they could'nt justify as they did not include her in the Sanctum and you'd have to include Bruce to replicate the scene.
  • Phil Coulson only had a small scene in Stark Tower so maybe they felt Nick Fury was more prominant.

I'd say Maria Hill and the Iron Legion Armor Drones are the only thing I can't see some potential justification for not including.

Edited by Scarilian

34 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Should have been:

1. Tony Stark
  2. Iron Man MK7
  3. Iron Man MK6
  4. Captain America
  5. Captain America
  6. Thor
  7. Black Widow
  9. Ant-Man (Micro Fig)
  11. Hawkeye
  12. Wanda Maximoff
  13. Falcon
  14. Vision
  15. War Machine
  16. Pepper Potts
  18. Nick Fury
  19. Helen Cho
  20. Hulk (Big Fig)
  21. Eri Selvig
  23. Shield Agent
  24. Shield Agent
  25. Alexander Pierce
  28. Chitauri
  29. Chitauri
  30. Loki
  31. Ultron MK1

There are a few more changes that I think would make this perfect but already that list would have been such an improvement. 

As for Quicksilver, I don't share people's optimism that he'll show up soon, but it would be nice. 

I can't say I understand the lack of Banner. I imagine most people who have the money and desire for both sets would have already bought the Hulkbuster by now. Not all, but most. 

I will still probably buy the Tower, but I have mixed feelings on the  minifigures, partially because theres so many of the same character (4 tony's, 2 Caps, 4 Chitauri) and the omission of characters like Bruce Banner, Quicksilver and Iron Legion Drones.

11 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

A Sokovian church set like the Endgame Final Battle this year would be amazing. It would never come with everyone, but they could include both minifigures they’ve missed as well as some reuses. 

Cap and Black Widow could be reused, maybe Vision too, but that would take away from the Tower, so maybe not

For new, other than Quicksilver and Ultron, Iron Man MK45 and Hawkeye would be my picks. Also a generic Ultron drone that could appear twice to round out the battle

39 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

I can't say I understand the lack of Banner. I imagine most people who have the money and desire for both sets would have already bought the Hulkbuster by now. Not all, but most. 

I thought he'd be a given as he could be reused, though the Hulkbuster looked amazing, I have the original, and one new figure wasn't enough to completely sell me on it

But as others have pointed out, being able to recreate the 'always angry' scene would've been nice

3 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

I dont want to argue with you because I know you didnt personally choose the minifigures, but I think it's still very weird. If they wanted to show representation they should've given us Shang Chi, who at least is a man character, and maybe Captain Marvel.

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

They knew that Quantumania would be released, maybe they thought that a woman with films in the cinema was better than a less visible woman... Widow, Strange, Spidey they are all in the summer sets… this could have had an influence

By the time this set comes out, The Marvels will be on theaters, tho

Hmmm. I love the set, and I don't hate the minifigures, but I don't quite love them the way that I loved the Bugle's or Rivendell's figures. Anyone got an idea as to how much the set will go for new on Bricklink without figures? My current guess would be like probably 300, 350, but if it did go lower, I might consider getting it without them and saving a couple hundred bucks. 

27 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Hmmm. I love the set, and I don't hate the minifigures, but I don't quite love them the way that I loved the Bugle's or Rivendell's figures. Anyone got an idea as to how much the set will go for new on Bricklink without figures? My current guess would be like probably 300, 350, but if it did go lower, I might consider getting it without them and saving a couple hundred bucks. 

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that possibility yet, getting it on BL without the minifigs.
I might look into that :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

I’m gonna go the opposite route and just sell off the figures. Not a MCU fan.

3 ore fa, PGBQW ha detto:

Non voglio discutere con te perché so che non hai scelto personalmente le minifigure, ma penso che sia ancora molto strano. Se volevano mostrare la rappresentazione avrebbero dovuto darci Shang Chi, che almeno è un personaggio uomo, e forse Capitan Marvel.

Wong is nicer, sells better :-DDD

Most of the figures are just okay but oh my that Vision is phenomenal! I really like the new Hulk too, so glad we are getting ine with a moveable head and a giant hair piece to fit the bigfigs. Hopefully this is just the beginning and maybe we'll start seeing bigfigs other than Thanos again. I can't tell but maybe he even has a double-sided head. Also, while it's neat that Fiege was included, it's a bit frustrating that we still don't have an official Stan Lee. Frankly, he absolutely should have been included in the Daily Bugle instead of one of the d-list non-superhero staff members I can't even be bothered to remember the names of.

The set is way out of my price range but it's certainly a fantastic set and I'm happy for those who can afford it. Maybe I'll bricklink that Vision at some point.

Edited by ToaDraco

I guess I'm in the minority but I love it. I'm not that big of a Marvel fan but I'm looking forward to picking it up

16 minutes ago, Gremer2 said:

I guess I'm in the minority but I love it.

I don't think that's the minority, we might be nitpicking about the figs but it's an incredible set for sure, and that will only become more apparent when we have HD images.

Edited by Agent Kallus

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

I don't think that's the minority, we might be nitpicking about the figs but it's an incredible set for sure, and that will only become more apparent when we have HD images.

Exactly, the problem is is that the minifigures are the things we have the most concrete images of, so naturally that's what people will focus on. The rest of the images are still fuzzy enough that a lot can be left to the imagination.

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The Vision character minifigures is stunning 

Me too! I really am hoping he’ll be put in another set without the phasing blue though. And fingers crossed they’ll remake quicksilver RIP🤞😭

9 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Anche a me piace molto il nuovo Hulk, sono così felice che stiamo ottenendo ine con una testa mobile e un pezzo di capelli gigante per adattarsi alle bigfigs. Speriamo che questo sia solo l'inizio e forse inizieremo a vedere di nuovo bigfigs oltre a Thanos. Non posso dirlo, ma forse ha anche una testa a doppia faccia.

It's wonderful! <3 with the Captain America 4 sets coming, they might reuse this for Red Hulk soon! A double sided would be great, but in all the box images it has the same one, and this makes me think it is unique. By the way, I don't know why, but I still suspect that the toupee might be glued to the head :-p

Edited by Legocentrico

23 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Should have been:

1. Tony Stark
  2. Iron Man MK7
  3. Iron Man MK6
  4. Captain America
  5. Captain America
  6. Thor
  7. Black Widow
  9. Ant-Man (Micro Fig)
  11. Hawkeye
  12. Wanda Maximoff
  13. Falcon
  14. Vision
  15. War Machine
  16. Pepper Potts
  18. Nick Fury
  19. Helen Cho
  20. Hulk (Big Fig)
  21. Eri Selvig
  23. Shield Agent
  24. Shield Agent
  25. Alexander Pierce
  28. Chitauri
  29. Chitauri
  30. Loki
  31. Ultron MK1

where you trying to make a complete 1 to 1 list, where every new print that we got was changed to another?

because leg printing and torso printing aren't the same amount of printing (in terms of boxes as explained by mark stafford) leg printing on both legs and the hip= 8 boxes, (one of the part put together with printing, 3 for it taken apartwith printing, 3 for it taken apart without printing and 1 for it put together without printing) torso printing= 5 boxes (one for the middle piece with printing, four for the arms and hands without printing and one for the middle torso without printing) with this logic, printing on the legs, takes 37.5% more boxes than printing on the torso. therefore, printing on the legs is not equal to printing on the torso, it takes up more boxes and limits the amount of boxes that can be taken up by other printing, for example instead of 2 fully printed torso and leg printing minifugre taking up 26 boxes(total), they could make 3 more minifgures with a new torso print, as apposed to two Minifigures with torso and legs.  (this is only my interpretation of hows words) (keep in mind that printing on legs of alredy esisting colors can exist, but I still counted it) 

14 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Absolutely, I really love the set too, and I really like the figs quite a bit too. I just don't know if given the choice between 300$ for only the tower and 500$ for the whole package I wouldn't take the former option. I've honestly just been kind of reconsidering how important minifigures are to me in general, and I don't think I'd spend 200$ for thirty figs, many of which I have some variants of or can be found for cheap already. 

I've also never spent more than 400$ on a set before, and as much as I like the tower, I don't know if I want to cross that threshold. 

22 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I've also never spent more than 400$ on a set before, and as much as I like the tower, I don't know if I want to cross that threshold. 

Come on, go to the dark side :-DDD