Classic_Spaceman

Sonic the Hedgehog - Rumours and Discussion

this wave is so awesome and i cant belive that almost none of it leaked! good job lego! the builds are fun and really interactive i LOVE the tails and eggman figures,  the worst part are the prices, $40 for tails plane is insane and it only gets worse as you move up, i think there shouldve been a smaller $20 non gimick set that had just sonic to get people (mainly children) to buy into the theme, it suffers from monkey kid syndrone, the large sets are amazing and really fun, but because there are no smaller sets for people to buy into the theme, no one is gonna buy them at full price unless youre a really big sonic fan. 

( i hope and pray that the large eggman robot dosent include the gimmick and has knuckles:ugh:

Edited by living_off_lego

These sets look great! I understand wanting to focus on Green Hill for the first wave, so the lack of variety in location doesn't bother me too much. Having only four characters across four sets is disappointing though, so Knuckles better be in that last set. With. the lack of minifigures I don't have to buy every set to get all the characters, so that's a good thing at least. 

Love all of these sets, this instantly became my favorite theme of 2023. They all have such incredibly chill vibes, and all the new molds and prints are amazing. (I know people are disappointed by the apparent lack of Knuckles, but this really feels like a "quality over quantity" approach with this first wave.)

No Knuckles or Shadow is very disappointing but it makes sense that they would save some characters for the second wave. 

Hi,

1 minute ago, bRICKbRAT said:

No Knuckles or Shadow is very disappointing but it makes sense that they would save some characters for the second wave. 

Maybe knuckles in the missing set and Shadow in the next wave? With super sonic in the next wave too?

Is another wave even confirmed though?

Real question.

-J.T.i.m.G

2 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

Especially considering that in 2024 Paramount is releasing both a Knuckles TV series and the third Sonic movie (which is set to focus on SA2 and Shadow), so it makes sense to hold off on those two until next year to capitalize on hype.

Again, I don't really mind the omissions (it basically confirms they're planning at least a second wave), my only issue is that I wish we got multiple expressions for Amy and Tails like we do for Sonic.

8 minutes ago, Jason Todd is my God said:

Hi,

Maybe knuckles in the missing set and Shadow in the next wave? With super sonic in the next wave too?

Is another wave even confirmed though?

Real question.

-J.T.i.m.G

It is now :)

Hi,

2 hours ago, living_off_lego said:

( i hope and pray that the large eggman robot dosent include the gimmick and has knuckles:ugh:

Honestly I really like to look of gimmick, it makes sense, looks fun, doesn't ruin the sets or make them non system or non minifigure.

18 minutes ago, bRICKbRAT said:

Ohh that is sweet music to me ears☺️ ( but I read it not heard it? So sweet sheet music to my eyes?)

-J.T.i.m.G

3 hours ago, living_off_lego said:

( i hope and pray that the large eggman robot dosent include the gimmick) 

Why? We can see the mech is a good size and level of detail and we know it has the best price-to-part ratio of the theme, having the launcher would just be extra value plus more playability (my idea was that there would be a target on the back of the mech where launching Sonic into it would pop Eggman out the top). Either way it looks like a great build, just don't understand the hostility.

1 hour ago, bRICKbRAT said:

Glad to hear it, "A new day brings new adventure" and all that jazz

9 hours ago, living_off_lego said:

this wave is so awesome and i cant belive that almost none of it leaked! good job lego! the builds are fun and really interactive i LOVE the tails and eggman figures,  the worst part are the prices, $40 for tails plane is insane and it only gets worse as you move up, i think there shouldve been a smaller $20 non gimick set that had just sonic to get people (mainly children) to buy into the theme, it suffers from monkey kid syndrone, the large sets are amazing and really fun, but because there are no smaller sets for people to buy into the theme, no one is gonna buy them at full price unless youre a really big sonic fan. 

Talk about a heartwarming surprised, I had no idea these were coming and was completely blindsided by these!!! I LOVE THEM haha  I don't like the mario sets because they depend too much on tech and these are perfect

24 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

That Eggman... is not a bigfig. It has posable legs, and that's an automatic disqualification.

Bigfigs are dead conspiracy theory lives on. Hurray!

These sets are giving me Unikitty vibes a little bit, but they are fun.

These sets look very nice! The speed sphere features are cool, but I'm glad to see they aren't the only thing this theme has to offer. I was surprised to see the animals have such a strong presence, but it's a great idea to have every badnik include an animal inside. Also interesting to see the stuntz pieces reused for this theme.

The minifigs are excellent, despite how few they are. I feel they should have included Tails in the largest set and maybe knuckles too, just because 3 minifigs for $100 isn't ideal, but the ones we do get are great. Eggman is an interesting figure, the head doesn't feel too lego-like to me, but I guess all the other characters have molded heads so it fits in? Honestly, the Death Egg Robot looks like the best of them, and it's a shame it hasn't been officially revealed yet. I hope we don't have to wait too long!

7 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Something tells me that the Death Egg Robot is a teaser for a 2nd wave since it looks more like a 90 dollar set than a 60 dollar set

It would be very weird to tease a 2024 set before showing the last 2023 set, and I don't think Lego has teased a set for the next wave at the same time as the initial wave, so it's a very good bet it's the missing set. As for the size, it does seem very substantial, but it could realistically still be $60. I do agree, for this theme it seems to be an uncharacteristically good value.

Since we can say with 99.9999999992% confidence that the missing $60 set is the Death Egg Robot, we can assume that the minifigure selection will definitely include Eggman and Sonic (specifically the normal smile, since currently it's only in the $35 set). Aside from them, I think there's a pretty good chance we'll see a figure of Silver Mecha Sonic (most likely a brickbuild like the other Badniks), since he's thematically appropriate and has gotten a fair amount of merch recently.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

1 hour ago, Lemerbrix said:

Look, all I’m hoping is that before this theme ends, we get a Lego knuckles

Since we are getting another set and at least one more wave appears to be planned and he's one the 4 biggest Sonic Characters, I think that it's a given he will come.

"Dread it, run from it, The echidna approaches all the same." Knuckles 

17 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Why? We can see the mech is a good size and level of detail and we know it has the best price-to-part ratio of the theme, having the launcher would just be extra value plus more playability (my idea was that there would be a target on the back of the mech where launching Sonic into it would pop Eggman out the top). Either way it looks like a great build, just don't understand the hostility.

Glad to hear it, "A new day brings new adventure" and all that jazz

looking back i only really said that because i was worried about the price-to-part ratio of the set but looking at it now it shouldnt be too horrible, sorry :snicker:

i love the eggman idea and i think the only way lego cond do it is reworking a suspension spring from technic into making eggman spring loaded, those kids would have to have alot of arm strength to hit sonic hard enough to do it. my idea was the mech having like 1 or 2 large sections of the mech where sonic can hit them and the mechs knees could buckle and fall. 

58 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Since we are getting another set and at least one more wave appears to be planned and he's one the 4 biggest Sonic Characters, I think that it's a given he will come.

"Dread it, run from it, The echidna approaches all the same." Knuckles 

Yeah, though I'd argue that amy rose is a more obscure Sonic character than knuckles, I mean, it's called "Sonic the hedgehog and knuckles" and need I remind all the hype around him in the second Sonic movie?

While on the topic of "things that were in the second Sonic movie" does anyone think we could get super Sonic in this theme?

Also, if we get a wave 2, I hope we see a blind box series with some brick built enemies, kinda like mario!

Obligatory "why couldn't Mario sets have real minifig like these" comment.

And note that's a rhetorical question. Don't try to answer it. There is no answer. Mario should have been done this way.

12 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Bigfigs are dead conspiracy theory lives on. Hurray!

These sets are giving me Unikitty vibes a little bit, but they are fun.

To be fair, Unikitty had the Sonic vibes first :laugh:

41452_alt4.jpg