woodford86

Historic Themes PAB Thread

My crackpot theory is that it's whatever price the intern adding items to the database felt like putting in that day.

Recently moved from US to EU, is there much difference in services provided by the different stores? Like shipping times, price, selection, stocking, anything?

1 hour ago, ShoelaceAglet said:

Recently moved from US to EU, is there much difference in services provided by the different stores? Like shipping times, price, selection, stocking, anything?

I don't think the shopping 'experience' will alter that much, but there will be differences in availability, delivery times, shipping costs, and so on.

That's not to say one region is always getting the thin end of the wedge. The wins and losses seems to see-saw, so it's not like they have a favourite customer base - all other things being equal.

Lego doesn't seem to employ much consistency even within each region, nevermind globally. So it might take getting used to, but is essentially feels like the same store if you can resist comparing the differences obsessively.

The 'Help' section on the US/EU site will contain most of the key information for you to compare.

14 hours ago, iragm said:

I have been struggling to figure out why the prices are the way they are.  I can't figure out if it's color related, batch size related, or inventory related.  Some of their pricing is so strange - like the saddle is nearly as expensive as the bardings...???

Lego most likely prices things according to manufacturing costs, so it will be a mix of the volume and type of plastic utilised, mould complexity, etc... Printing would be another cost on top. Assembly would add more, eg. assembling minifig torsos or legs. My suspicion would that both saddle and barding are complex moulds.

This is in contrast to Bricklink which is uses a market pricing scheme where the prices are related to desirability which in turn often influenced by availability. Common pieces, 2x4's are likely to be very cheap, unique minifigure torso's with limited supply are likely to expensive.

I'm just happy the visors are available for purchase.  Been waiting all too long for that.  I have so many unvisored helms I could make use of for new knights.

They pop back on and are gone so fast, haha.

I'll just wait for the demand to die down like it did for the Black Falcon torsos, and hopefully time a nice big PAB purchase with a decent GWP or 2xVIP promo.

I'm just hesitant on getting the bardings right now.  I love the idea of having more bardings and they're decently priced, but I'm really not a big fan of the new designs.

So has anyone ordered a cloth piece? Do all 3 pieces come together in a small cardboard box or are they individual?

I'm willing to pay 12$ cad for all 3 pieces but not each...

Thanks

I would imagine the dual molded hobbit legs and fern from Rivendell will come to pick a brick, but the weapons pack unfortunately probobly won't, as the swords are based on licensed ones. 

49 minutes ago, Converge said:

So has anyone ordered a cloth piece? Do all 3 pieces come together in a small cardboard box or are they individual?

Thanks

I asked customer service that question and they said that each listing was the price per piece. However, I've seen comments from other people who reached out to customer service. They said that customer service told them all three pieces would come with their order. So, I guess we won't know until the first orders start shipping, which I hope will be any day now.

22 minutes ago, mvLego said:

I asked customer service that question and they said that each listing was the price per piece. However, I've seen comments from other people who reached out to customer service. They said that customer service told them all three pieces would come with their order. So, I guess we won't know until the first orders start shipping, which I hope will be any day now.

Customer service doesn't know any more than we do. What I can say is that after you place an order for all the three, each item in your invoice has the same SKU and lists all three items.

In many cases, I don't think customer service knows as much as us!

3 hours ago, JimBaggins said:

I would imagine the dual molded hobbit legs and fern from Rivendell will come to pick a brick, but the weapons pack unfortunately probobly won't, as the swords are based on licensed ones. 

The tan daul moulded legs already existed with Dobby ( cough Gollum ripoff cough) and sadly they aren't on PAB as far as I am aware.

19 hours ago, Converge said:

Thanks

Hello,

I have placed a pick a brick order on 26-01-23 with the cloth piece, due to long shipping time (EU, up to 28days) it has not arrived yet. But when I look at the order page list the description might give the answer: 

PREPACK BOX 68X47X8, 2 BANNER, 1 CAPE SKU:6402106

I have 2 of them in total in my parts order. Will know it for sure when it arrives, if I don't forget I'll update here :)

Edit: To clarify, on pick a brick I ordered the cape (6409588) and the small flag (6409580) separately but on the order page they both show up as the same item/sku number as mentioned above. The sku number (6402106) is also the same number that is on the cardboard box as it came with the set (10305).

You can search the sku number in bricklink and there is says the item contains 3 parts (2x flag, 1 cape). So my assumption now is that if you order the cape, you also get both flags :classic: 

Edited by brickbuilder007
Clarification

... and not anymore. The LUG member even manage to put these to basket, but upon payment the items were removed.

That was quick.

5 hours ago, WickNole said:

... and not anymore. The LUG member even manage to put these to basket, but upon payment the items were removed.

That was quick.

I posted it all over facebook as well, haha

The unreliability of the PAB sold-out is really frustrating.

It's changed my cart so many times I'm unsure what is and isn't missing.  I think they should keep a grayed out version in your cart, or place it in backorder and notify you or something; not just remove it indiscriminantly.  I almost placed an order once until I double checked and noticed the Lion Knight legs were all missing from my order.  What the heck would I do with a dozen torsos and no legs?!

1 hour ago, Triceron said:

... the Lion Knight legs were all missing from my order.  What the heck would I do with a dozen torsos and no legs?!

Use plain legs. That is what I use for modern Black Falcons. Even though the legs are available I prefer plain ones for posing them.