MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I haven't seen any May 4th news yet. Beyond the rumored DS GWP.

LifeBricks just threw up some insta stories regarding price thresholds claiming to have seen the $85 promo

I'm expecting any day tbh, Lego's site already features the May 4 tab

Edited by Old Master

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Just picked up the non-UCS AT-AT, it turns out it's an Amazon exclusive here in the UK, I hadn't realised that. ( Well all exclusives like that are also available at the Lego shop at least in my experience) But anyway it seems like the Amazon exclusives like that ( and Vader's castle and the non-UCS Razor Crest) don't really get good discounts.

Ack if you'd waited until May you might get extra VIP points on that at the lego store. It could be 5x vip points (basically 25% back) if Lego happens to pick that as one of the sets for it. Not a discount per se but it's some money back to spend on more lego later.

That's what i'm waiting for before buying one. Hoping they have 2x vip points atleast on it and the hoth trooper battlepack.

1 hour ago, Old Master said:

LifeBricks just threw up some insta stories regarding price thresholds claiming to have seen the $85 promo

He also claimed it was a non-brick built top 5 GWP of all time. Which is interesting.

Just now, Hhalcyon said:

Ack if you'd waited until May you might get extra VIP points on that at the lego store. It could be 5x vip points (basically 25% back) if Lego happens to pick that as one of the sets for it. Not a discount per se but it's some money back to spend on more lego later.

That's what i'm waiting for before buying one. Hoping they have 2x vip points atleast on it and the hoth trooper battlepack.

Ah, poodoo, I was worried it was gonna retire soon. I was hoping they'd have it at celebration but I was only there for the last day and the only Lego set they had left in the Lego shop stand was the brickheadz. I might just wait for may 4th 2024 for whichever of the new ones is the Amazon (and Lego shop) exclusive this time. Cause if it's the ghost or the gunship they are both ones I want. 

43 minutes ago, Hhalcyon said:
1 hour ago, Old Master said:

He also claimed it was a non-brick built top 5 GWP of all time. Which is interesting.

Non brick built and not a figure. Then what it can be? Printed piece ? Sticker?

49 minutes ago, Hhalcyon said:

You have my attention. Though I have my doubts about his channel but that is just my opinion and not going to get into it here. 

35 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

some sort of non-lego nik-nak I imagine, like last year's beskar ingot key ring.

41 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

He didn't say it wasn't a figure.

The $150 GWP will be a brickbuilt death star
The $85 GWP is currently unknown but we know it's not something brick built.
The $35 GWP will be an Xwing polybag.

This all according to Lifebricks' instagram.

9 minutes ago, Hhalcyon said:

He did, I just asked him

5 minutes ago, Hhalcyon said:

He's gonna get everyone excited thinking it's a Gar Saxon figure he's such a troll sometimes.

previous relation too

Edited by omegabadbatch

Just now, omegabadbatch said:

previous relation

It's* not going to be Babu Frick, Lifebricks just loves Babu Frick and is trolling.

*probably

8 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

so no minifigure yes?

No figure  

Is it possible the figure he is hinting towards is Moff Gideon?

Spoiler

(He supposedly will wear a horned mando helmet these final 2 episodes)

Edited by MKJoshA
Added spoiler tags

On 4/10/2023 at 9:48 AM, Batman1 said:

Do we have any details on the Yoda’s starfighter set? 

Minifigs are Yoda and Artoo. 

3 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

Is it possible the figure he is hinting towards is Moff Gideon?

Reveal hidden contents

(He supposedly will wear a horned mando helmet these final 2 episodes)

If the promo actually is a Minifig, Moff would be an absurd and unprecedented choice; he is the main villain of The Mandalorian, and he can easily be included in an actual set. If we are getting a horned Mando, a more likely option is the Super Commando Captain

6 hours ago, Old Master said:

Do we trust him? He was the one pushing the “leak” of Rex and Luminara in the ISP. 😕

Re: Advent calendar - Yes!! Hopefully Cad Bane and Todo will appear in a more reasonably-priced set soon, as well. The inclusion of a 212th Trooper should bring down the US prices for him somewhat, and it opens up the possibility of getting a Shock Trooper in the 2024 calendar! 

52 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Do we trust him? He was the one pushing the “leak” of Rex and Luminara in the ISP. 😕

Oh my gosh- I know the ISP is the swamp speeder, but whenever I read "ISP", my brain tries to autofill the acronym and gives me "Imperial... uh... Swamp Peeder". INFANTRY SUPPORT PLATFORM. GET WITH IT, BRAIN.

9 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

Oh my gosh- I know the ISP is the swamp speeder, but whenever I read "ISP", my brain tries to autofill the acronym and gives me "Imperial... uh... Swamp Peeder". INFANTRY SUPPORT PLATFORM. GET WITH IT, BRAIN.

It does not help that 'ISP' and 'ISB' also rhyme! 

5 hours ago, Hhalcyon said:

The $150 GWP will be a brickbuilt death star
The $85 GWP is currently unknown but we know it's not something brick built.
The $35 GWP will be an Xwing polybag.

This all according to Lifebricks' instagram.

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

If the promo actually is a Minifig, Moff would be an absurd and unprecedented choice; he is the main villain of The Mandalorian, and he can easily be included in an actual set. If we are getting a horned Mando, a more likely option is the Super Commando Captain

TBH I don't trust anything Lfebricks is saying cause he's missed so many times like with Rex in the Swamp or the Jabba's palace earlier this year. Unless promobricks, falcon, or someone like that is posting (ie that one Redditor who had proof) I'd say take it with a large grain of salt. 

Also on the GWP If it was a fig I don't see why Moff would be chosen. He should be made widely available in a set as he will be in the Mando finale and is the main villain. IMO GWP figs should be things like Aunt Beru where they might not sell super well as a whole set but work well as a special thing for May 4th and hardcore LEGO SW fans. 

With that said I am formally requesting the GWP be a Babu Frick, Dexter, or Nien Numb as I feel I am personally owed one upon rewatching the entire saga.

17 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

With that said I am formally requesting the GWP be a Babu Frick, Dexter, or Nien Numb as I feel I am personally owed one upon rewatching the entire saga.

Babu Frik and Nien Nunb can be included included in regular sets (a new A-wing or B-wing for the latter).