MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I can only imagine that we'll get the same Darksaber in the fang fighter &Tie intercepter set

34 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Thank you for the welcoming, how do i do the "reveal hidden contents" feature? Ive copy and pasted you censoring what i talked about it and edited the post.

what stormtooper are you predicting in his mech? normal? sandtrooper? normal with pouldron? I think normal could be boring for kids

Edited by omegabadbatch

Glad I was right about the new Darksaber mold. This set sounds like it'll be a really cool one, especially with the updated Bo-Katan included here. Fingers crossed that the rest of the figure gets slightly updated beyond just the arms. I wish we could have gotten an Alamite here as well, since (minus the updated helmet printing) another Din and Grogu isn't very exciting, but I'm excited to see pictures tomorrow regardless. The spider droid thing looks really unique and will really stand out in a Star Wars display.

7 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Glad I was right about the new Darksaber mold. This set sounds like it'll be a really cool one, especially with the updated Bo-Katan included here. Fingers crossed that the rest of the figure gets slightly updated beyond just the arms. I wish we could have gotten an Alamite here as well, since (minus the updated helmet printing) another Din and Grogu isn't very exciting, but I'm excited to see pictures tomorrow regardless. The spider droid thing looks really unique and will really stand out in a Star Wars display.

Bo katan should have new head. He have age 48? in mandaloran, in clone wars have 19? Bo katans torso from clone wars have yellow markings which are not on bo katan from mandalorian. Also in mandalorian she have less beskar on legs and diffrent belt.

Edited by omegabadbatch

For 45 bucks? what a steal! Definitely gonna buy it, OOH and when its gonna go on sale on amazon after a month for up to 10€ off, LETS GO. Really hyped for that Bo since this TCW one has been pretty lackluster for me, plus her jumpsuit was black in the show too, all i want is a good Bo helmet print! LEGO MAKE A FENN RAU NEXT!

Edited by Goofster

3 minutes ago, Goofster said:

For 45 bucks? what a steal! Definitely gonna buy it, OOH and when its gonna go on sale on amazon after a month for up to 10€ off, LETS GO. Really hyped for that Bo since this TCW one has been pretty lackluster for me, plus her jumpsuit was black in the show too, all i want is a good Bo helmet print! LEGO MAKE A FENN RAU NEXT!

black jumpsuit? looks like Im not only one who think she have black jumpsuit in mandalorian. Not grey one

I highly doubt it, but a new hair mold for Bo would be sick with her headband thing on it. It looked so derpy with it printed on the face and the standard ol hair piece. im sure that would have been specified but maybe we will get it.

56 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

black jumpsuit? looks like Im not only one who think she have black jumpsuit in mandalorian. Not grey one

Even in the clone wars she had a black one, odd choice not making it black, maybe the colors would look awkward like that?

18 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Even in the clone wars she had a black one, odd choice not making it black, maybe the colors would look awkward like that?

no, why? it would look better for me

Edited by omegabadbatch

Is the 442nd trooper real? Also any news on the mysery 1083 pieces set? If the ISP does include 442nd then that means the set being a gunship with Rex is more likely by a little bit

Tbh, I’m starting to get sick of not knowing anything if the summer wave other than the mandalorian sets, I want to know what the 1083 pieces set is I want to know the figures of the swamp speeder, I’m sick that all news are mandalorian related. Sorry for my little rant

The not-a-Rahkshi mech is a solid choice for a set, but admittedly I was expecting more? Of course I have my hopes up that it’ll look great though, finally we get a new Darksaber mould! Glad to see my suspicions confirmed on that front. Add me to the list of people who’d love to see a new hair / hairband mould for Bo Katan, I mean they gave a random character like Vane a new mould for crying out loud.

The release cadence of these Mando S3 sets certainly is odd - however if the Fang Fighter vs TIE Interceptor won’t be revealed for another few weeks, my hopes for its potentially spoilery minifigure lineup have just gone up even more. Personally, it would be disappointing just to get more generic Mandalorians (albeit with nice printing) and TIE Pilots, so I hope Lego has planned something special with this set at least.

2 hours ago, omegabadbatch said:

Bo katan should have new head. He have age 48? in mandaloran, in clone wars have 19? Bo katans torso from clone wars have yellow markings which are not on bo katan from mandalorian. Also in mandalorian she have less beskar on legs and diffrent belt.

Considering Bo-Katan knew her father before he died, she should be around 60 in the Mandalorian. And her father died 51 years before the Mandalorian, so she has to be at least that old. (Although Kate’s Sackhoff the actress is 41)

And I’m sceptical on whether they’d make a new head print for her, especially when they couldn’t be bothered to do it for most of the characters in the Rivendell set, especially since the old Bo-Katan head works fine enough.

8 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

The not-a-Rahkshi mech is a solid choice for a set, but admittedly I was expecting more? Of course I have my hopes up that it’ll look great though, finally we get a new Darksaber mould! Glad to see my suspicions confirmed on that front. Add me to the list of people who’d love to see a new hair / hairband mould for Bo Katan, I mean they gave a random character like Vane a new mould for crying out loud.

The release cadence of these Mando S3 sets certainly is odd - however if the Fang Fighter vs TIE Interceptor won’t be revealed for another few weeks, my hopes for its potentially spoilery minifigure lineup have just gone up even more. Personally, it would be disappointing just to get more generic Mandalorians (albeit with nice printing) and TIE Pilots, so I hope Lego has planned something special with this set at least.

I also hope so, but to be fair a new mould for Bo-Katan would be pretty much useless for any other character, while Vane’s mould can be used for Kithaba, Barada, & others in Star Wars, plus a bunch of characters outside of the theme.

We are almost one week past the air-date of the Mando episode everyone has been mentioning for the past 2 pages. Rules are to wait 1 week, but with the impending set reveal and since we are almost at that point anyway I'm going to call it and say it's fine to talk about the crab mech and Mythosaur. If I just spoiled it for you send me a PM and remember the internet is a dangerous place for those wanting to avoid all spoilers.

For the record, I have no inside info so I don't know what would be in a set with Bo Katan. 

4 hours ago, Goofster said:

Dunno if it's a steal, we'll have to see the set, but definately awesome to get a new Bo-Katan and a way to get the updated Mando without the stupid microfighter. Bo-Katan is quickly becoming a favorite of mine, and I don't have her current figure, so I'm excited for this set.

Totally agree about Fenn, as low as our chances are. He was one of my favorite rebels characters, alongside the other "auxiliary member" type characters like Kallus, Wedge, and AP-5. Excellent armor too, which given your PFP I'm guessing you agree with!

4 hours ago, omegabadbatch said:

Hmm. She ages pretty well, I don't think she necessarily needs a new face. Definately new helmet and armor prints, though.

3 hours ago, Goofster said:

Swapped it out for the ep 2 obi hair personally

My plan as well.

1 hour ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Considering Bo-Katan knew her father before he died, she should be around 60 in the Mandalorian. And her father died 51 years before the Mandalorian, so she has to be at least that old. (Although Kate’s Sackhoff the actress is 41)

Wait, how do we know that her father died 51 years before mando? If it's a reference book or throwaway line or something, I could see it being waved off to get her and mando closer in age.

Just now, MKJoshA said:

crab mech 

Avatar: the way of the living water (Avatar: This is the way?)

1 hour ago, Kaijumeister said:

The not-a-Rahkshi mech

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that looked an awful lot like a Rahkshi.

(Actually, like a Rahkshi crossed with one of the evil robots from the Netflix version of Lost in Space.)

22 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Wait, how do we know that her father died 51 years before mando? If it's a reference book or throwaway line or something, I could see it being waved off to get her and mando closer in age.

It's a reference book, so it could be shifted forwards a little bit, but there are constraints that mean it couldn't be moved forwards that much. He has to have died before Satine took the throne (since she inheirited it from him), and she was already the Duchess at the time of her early relationship with Obi-Wan, which was before The Phantom Menace. It's not clear exactly how long before, but at least several years; in Legends it was around 8 years before, and although I'm not sure whether that number made it to the current canon, it has to have been at least 5 or so. That means he died a minimum of maybe 45 years before the events of Mando, so Bo-Katan would have to be at least in her early fifties; and pushing his death back to 50-ish years before Mando and Bo-Katan into her late fifties fits better with other sources even without the one that explicitly says it was 51 years before.
The easier way to get to that conclusion is to look at what Bo-Katan was doing in TCW, though. That was 30 years before Mando and she was already an experienced soldier and the second-in-command of a major militia group, which makes it pretty hard to believe that she'd have been younger than 25. There's some wiggle room in all these numbers, of course, but the balance of evidence is definitely that she's 30-ish in TCW and 60-ish in Mando. That doesn't mean to say that they won't retcon it, of course, since Dave Filoni doesn't exactly have a stellar track record of respecting existing canon, but he's typically stuck to what was established in his own shows at least.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The exact date is from a reference book, but his death kicks off the Mandalorian Civil War and Obi-Wan meeting Satine, so even if we throw that out he can’t have died any later than 39 ABY. (48 years before Mando)

Summer wave mando set looks pretty good. The one leaked image doesn't show if we get the rakshi body for the alien as well but for the price and piece count its nice to have something that isnt primarily a vehicle or a backdrop.

The darksaber does look like a butter knife though, I wish they'd atleast give a more accurate hilt colour if not make a more accurate hilt to compliment the blade 

Bo katan is also completely different from the TCW variant we recently got. Looks like her dark blue is now a lighter blue and has changed details like mud on her toe prints.

Edited by SCREDEYE

Oh wow, this is incredible! It definitely did not need to be $45 but what it does include is great. The only thing it seems to be missing is a figure of the Rahkshi/Greivous thing that can integrate into the crab droid. Hopefully it actually does and it just isn't known because the info is based on just the one image. I would have also loved to see the pram be included. Very happy about the new Dark saber piece and Bo with arm printing.

Edited by ToaDraco

9 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

New Mando set leaked on insta in case anyone wants to check it out early! Looks legit. The figures look amazing

Yup, that's an instant buy. Bo and Mando look incredible, and wow, that crab mech is amazing. It doesn't much look like the show to me to be honest, it seemed more rusted, but the build is incredible. If you read my posts you know I'm no constant defender of lego, but man, I can forgive any inaccuracy. That looks AWESOME. Only real complaint is the Darksaber isn't great, and being a new mold it's all we're gonna get.