Bregir

[GoC] Howitzer Drill and Emplacement, King's Harbour

In these times of war, settlements across the kingdom are exercising their defences, including the garrison at King's Harbour on Cocovia.  Although distant from the Lotus War in the Far East, the recent conflict on Terraversa did stir up the troops considerably, leading commanders to step up training and preparing defences at an accelerated rate.

While many soldiers find this tiresome, the 45th Royal Artillery Regiment in King's Harbour gunners have taken great delight in exercising their howitzers from prepared positions around the city.

51745672470_0f2150e0a0_c.jpg

This is likely due to the joy of being allowed to fire their field howitzers in earnest, tempered by the knowledge that all the hard work of setting up the embankments have been done by engineers and infantry.

51745672460_4eaa96453b_c.jpg

____

An entry to the GoC challenge, Redcoats Rule.

C&C welcome.

(Unfortunately, these are old pictures from before my photo lamp, and the light is... horrible.)

The howitzer with horse cart is well built. I also like the position with the palisades.

I love the howitzer horse wagon, with the extra carriage! Interesting military build, with plenty going on. I also like how you did the fortification and the terrain. Well done.

On 7/26/2022 at 4:00 AM, Bregir said:

Thanks for the kind words, all. Good to be back!

As requested, I have made a few breakdown pics of the howitzer:

@kurigan

@Captain Braunsfeld

• Neat! Thanks :pir-grin: I'm gonna have to try this, and I may even have all the parts :pir-sweet:
  • :pir-huzzah2:

The only finicky bit is getting the "ears" of the golden piece to hold the barrel, but it works quite well.