8 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Sorry for not posting anything sooner.

No wonder, all those details in interior, also all functionalities in this car.

I'm stucked with cabin for some cherry picker :) , but this is supercar.

That interior is beautiful. I like how you used those 2x3 and 1x2 panels. I'm looking forward to seeing how those functions work.

Hi,

Here is another update:

52570480622_087d339394_b.jpg

There is still some work to do, but the end is in sight. I finally solved the gearbox issues. It is now shifting in the right order with a snappy shift. I used 2L rubber blocks for the pretensioning of the stepper mechanism. The gearshifts 4->5 and 5->4 do require the most force, but when applied in the right way even those two work.

You can see the aeroflaps on the left side activated, as the car is steering left.

The rear clamshell doesn't have a opening linkage yet (which will be a challenge as it probably needs to be a 4-link system instead of a simple hinge).
The front clamshell has some parts that need further securing.
The suitcases are still missing

Edited by Jeroen Ottens

I’m not sold on the DBG, but the shapes and proportions look perfect. Love the use of the classic “mirror” piece for the headrests.

13 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

The rear clamshell doesn't have a opening linkage yet (which will be a challenge as it probably needs to be a 4-link system instead of a simple hinge).

Have you considered using the 'friction cylinder and ram' (parts 87617 & 87618)? Two pairs of them hold up the 500-part rear clamshell of langko's Huayra just fine. Even though it's hanging at 60 degrees.

And they look great IMO:

640x480.jpg

That looks very nice arleady! It´s good to see you are putting a lot of efforts into the project, no matter how long it takes. Love the inclined body lines, that´s how it should be made!

I also think the golden Sian wheels would pop better on this car. Your gearboxes are always great examples of innovation, interesting to study. Would you mind to show more of it?

On the downside gearboxes consume a lot of space between seats and rear axle. The cabin looks spacious enough, that´s good. But I might say the wheelbase appears way too long to me, sorry. I´m counting 44 studs in the wheelbase – is that correct? If your calculations are based on the smaller front wheel of the real car, I´m wrong. Otherwise it should be around 40 studs, width 29 studs at the rear axle. If somebody says it´s nitpicking, I don´t care, because to me the right proportions are always key. Deviations above 2 studs look disturbing at first glance. At some point I´ve had to find out that some blueprints out there are simply not correct, whoever created them..

Edited by brunojj1

The black parts look great, that angled yellow strip though the sides looks amazing! However I'm really not sold on the DBG, I don't think it works well with the yellow at all and IMO would look better all black. Hopefully you get some nicer rims as well. Agree with bruno about the proportions... The model does seem a bit too long. I had the same issue when designing mine, I completely re-did the entire chassis at one point to cut 3 studs of length out of it (Painful) but the results looked much better. The 4 stud thick B pillars are a bit disturbing as well. 

@astyanax Where did you get that photo from? That doesn't look like mine does, someone must have edited another image of mine... They've changed the suspension, exhaust pipes, opening linkages and some other details... here's what mine actually looks like: I had just a simple knee mechanism in the back to hold it up.

800x600.JPG

We should pause on commenting further about the wheels.  @Jeroen Ottensdid mention he is still working on the model.  

Its actually, at least for me, the color combo, not any particular color that is not my favorite.  I actually LOVE the DBG and have been wanting to see more cars in it.  Difficult with limited parts.  And DBG with the yellow?  Stunning.  But for some reason, DBG, yellow and then black... yea, seems a bit odd.  

Other than that it looks great.  Eager to see more!  If all the feedback folks give is on the color, then that is a pretty good MOC!!

I like all the lines, but that roof front, door front upper corner (which isn't on real one) stands out so much. Like from another moc.

Sorry, but I also don't have  anything to suggest. Maybe for doors some 2 angled connectors with wider angle? For roof main frame+a-pillars maybe those large querter gears? Don't know how it would look.