evancelt

[COR-FB] Settling Outside Damaborg

Ever since they had left Damaborg proper and headed out toward the mountains, she couldn’t help but think the clouds looked like elephants.

duplo-wagons-overview.jpg

--------------

More Pictures:

Spoiler

duplo-wagons-detail-1.jpg

duplo-wagons-detail-2.jpg

OOC: To be licensed as a small residence in Damaborg.

This build will be installed at History Colorado Center in Denver, Colorado for the summer. Crossposted with this western MOC.

1 hour ago, evancelt said:

Ever since they had left Damaborg proper and headed out toward the mountains, she couldn’t help but think the clouds looked like elephants.

duplo-wagons-overview.jpg

--------------

More Pictures:

Reveal hidden contents

duplo-wagons-detail-1.jpg

duplo-wagons-detail-2.jpg

OOC: To be licensed as a small residence in Damaborg.

This build will be installed at History Colorado Center in Denver, Colorado for the summer. Crossposted with this western MOC.

I like the roof of the wagon, well made!!!

I agree - the roof of the wagon, leaves in the water, mountain with top made of upside down curved slope - all is wonderful!) I love attention to the details)

Looks amazing, I love the background and the wagon! 

(Ps The man in the wagon could have had use of a tricorn hat)

Love this covered wagon design!  Great colors too, the olive, nougat, and dark tan work super well with those sky blues and the bright orange birch trees!

I've been battleing with a good conestoga wagon since I got the horse trailer. Marvelous! I like the idea of the brick backdrop a lot.

It's a very beautiful landscape. The mountains, trees, houses, clouds, sky and sun in the background look good. Even a squirrel can be seen. The covered wagon is very nice and well built.

The wagon is great, also the backdrop is far more advanced than the ones I am using.

I also like that the water looks like the sky. Somehow, I am reminded of Colorado, but I don't know why... :pir-grin:

Thanks to whoever frontpaged this! I had assumed the Western version of the build would be the main one, but the BoBS version is getting more attention!

On 5/2/2022 at 3:36 AM, royalstick said:

I like the roof of the wagon, well made!!!

Thanks!

Was originally going to make two wagons, but the build wasn't quite big enough to not look cluttered.

Here are some more BTS shots of the wagon canvas:

Spoiler

duplo-wagons-proc-canvas-1.jpg

duplo-wagons-proc-canvas-2.jpg

duplo-wagons-proc-canvas-3.jpg

duplo-wagons-proc-canvas-4.jpg

On 5/2/2022 at 6:53 AM, romashkaman said:

I agree - the roof of the wagon, leaves in the water, mountain with top made of upside down curved slope - all is wonderful!) I love attention to the details)

Thanks! I think the leaves in the water and cirque glacier SNOT background are my favorite details too

On 5/2/2022 at 7:02 AM, Justsomebrix said:

Looks amazing, I love the background and the wagon! 

(Ps The man in the wagon could have had use of a tricorn hat)

Thanks! The wagon ended up being 5 studs wide, which led me to lean on 3x plates more than I had planned!

Agreed re: tricorne. Perhaps this fellow has unfolded his tricorne flaps for maximum sun protection :pir-grin:

22 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Love this covered wagon design!  Great colors too, the olive, nougat, and dark tan work super well with those sky blues and the bright orange birch trees!

Thanks! Yes I tried to pull the foreground and background together by using bright light blue for the stream as well

22 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

I've been battleing with a good conestoga wagon since I got the horse trailer. Marvelous! I like the idea of the brick backdrop a lot.

Thanks! Excited to see what you come up with for a wagon. I put some BTS shots above in the reply to royalstick

20 hours ago, NOD said:

It's a very beautiful landscape. The mountains, trees, houses, clouds, sky and sun in the background look good. Even a squirrel can be seen. The covered wagon is very nice and well built.

You spotted the squirrel! Wasn't sure people would be able to make it out. I need to figure out a better way of shooting photos of a larger build like this one - my phone camera does OK with closer shots and pics in the lightbox, but this one was too big for the lightbox and used a difference phone camera lens.

5 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

The wagon is great, also the backdrop is far more advanced than the ones I am using.

I also like that the water looks like the sky. Somehow, I am reminded of Colorado, but I don't know why... :pir-grin:

Haha - the mountains around Damaborg look *somewhat* like Colorado :pir-grin:

I got the idea for this more detailed backdrop from Hunter Erickson / Koschei. He has some gorgeous ones

2 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Great use for the Duplo bricks, and the black border around the sky is a nice touch!

Thanks! Because it is going to be displayed at a museum for the summer I wanted to use Duplo so that I didn't lose all my bricks for the next few months! My kids have a ton of Duplo so I figured they could spare the 100 or so bricks and plates necessary to make the base.

Here are some BTS shots of the Duplo brick base:

Spoiler

duplo-wagons-proc-base-1.jpg

duplo-wagons-proc-base-2.jpg

duplo-wagons-proc-base-3.jpgduplo-wagons-proc-base-4.jpg

duplo-wagons-proc-base-5.jpgduplo-wagons-proc-base-6.jpgduplo-wagons-proc-base-7.jpg

duplo-wagons-proc-base-8.jpg

On 7/2/2022 at 7:26 AM, Brickwolf said:

Beautiful diorama, I like the colours.:thumbup:

Thanks!

On 7/2/2022 at 7:59 AM, Ross Fisher said:

Damn, that's a great choice of colours. TLG might go for a smaller build. 

Thanks!

I'm excited to pick this one up from the museum in September so I can have my colors back!

Oh yeah size-wise definitely not designed to be a LEGO IDEAS build, just submitted afterward after receiving some prodding

Had a chance to stop into the History Colorado Center in Denver this weekend and took a pic of the display

2022-history-colorado.jpg

I just realized that wagon cover is brick-built. 

Awesome build all around!  :thumbup: