Sign in to follow this  
Roadmonkeytj

[SR-FB] Charlatan Bay Publishing

In an effort to speed the printing of the news from across the Brick Seas an entrepreneur has imported a press from the old world with his inheritance money and began production of Printing in High Town.  He has hired an excellent team and a highly qualified typesetter so once the reports are in hand news can be put to print immediately.

PrintingPressPrintingPress_2PrintingPress_3

OoC: Just a fun build coming from the frustrations of waiting to see the MCRA Trade results.  I'm aware that this will not actually speed up the process and the KPA team does do its best to get the news printed as quick as possible.

That's great! :pir-love: I especially like the interior design. The printing press and chandelier are highlights. I also really like the building. The floor and walls are well built with the wooden elements and roof trusses. It's also interesting to see typesetters at work.

Epic build, especially the interior which looks very lifelike! Kudos on the chandelier too! Judging from the rat parts at the facade though, the press should be called "The Kings Port rat" :pir-grin:

Seriously now, where does this rat piece come from? Can this be incorporated in a BBQ moc horizontally on a stick, over the fire? 

Edited by blackdeathgr

Wonderful build! Great interior. The printing press itself and the chandelier are highlights. :thumbup:

I've always intended to build an MOC of the KPA offices in Kings Port. I guess since this is in Charlatan Bay, I still have a chance to do that. :pir-grin:

And I wish it were so easy to speed the KPA along. The editors are still waiting for the reports to file in from their far-flung correspondents. But I will use this opportunity to say that anyone who has posted builds since the last KPA for ongoing storylines should drop me a PM with any suggestions for how the KPA might cover your story. I want to make sure the KPA is covering more than just shipping results.

On 4/4/2022 at 12:46 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

OoC: Just a fun build coming from the frustrations of waiting to see the MCRA Trade results.  I'm aware that this will not actually speed up the process and the KPA team does do its best to get the news printed as quick as possible.

This got a chuckle out of me.

And I enjoyed the gothic horror architecture twist on High Town. Wish I had thought of doing that - it makes a ton of sense. :pir-thumb: