Just to test this I added 3 of 31120 to my cart.  I already bought 2 online and 2 in store.  So if they are tracking and combining store and online I should be over the limit already which is 3.  So let me add up to 3 anyway.  It wasn’t until I hit three that when I went back again to add a 4th it said I exceeded the limit.  So I suspect that it all your seeing.  You just can’t add more than one to your cart.  There’s no extra tracking going on here.

1 hour ago, Black Feather said:

Not sure what your saying but I don’t think they are counting the store purchase against you.  The first night I went online and it put it in my cart just to check if the GWP would be added.  But the GWP didn’t show up so I didn’t buy it.  I did notice that when I went back to view the set with the set in my cart it said I exceeded my limit even though I hadn’t actually bought it yet.  When I remove from my cart that went away, so it would allow me to add it to my cart again.  So it was just stopping me from adding more than 1 to my cart.  The next morning I went and bought the set with GWP at the store.  Now when I return to the online site it allows me to put 1 in my cart just like before.  But after I do that when I go to view the set it still says limit exceeded (when I have it in my cart just like before).  So suspect it will allow me to buy another online if I want to as long as it’s only one.  But I don’t want to try this experiment until there’s another GWP or double points.  

It’s what happened to me, it’s giving me errors buying another one, but i do know from experience and personally knowing lego third party store owners that when you buy multiple sets of each they start tracking you via the email you use in their account, back in 2015 they relied on credit cards to track the bricklink physical store owners so they went to target if it’s available, but they got smart and started to use cash.  This was at a time in the past before the vip overhaul where you could upload your receipt and they can add it later on but retailers do have a profile on you I just have never seen them enforce it before.  

Disney has gotten to that point also because of my lightsaber purchases online BUT with that said though the only way I know for sure retailers do keep up is thanks to my ex wife, she liked to purchase clothes from Ross, wear them with the tags on and then return them as is, I ALWAYS got onto her about it and she was always oh they’ll let me return it until one day they asked for license, put some info in and boom denied hahahaha I laughed her in face so hard for playing the system for soooo long but damn it was funny.  

I’m happy with mine at the moment but I was just curious because I was trying to look up some information but i couldn’t check out because I keep exceeding the limit, nothing surprises me anymore though! 

UvxaHhg.jpg

PS 

I did not see that the drawbridge had no lego pegs, big no no hahaha there’s my first mod!  I”m thinking of doing an expansion next to the dining room for a mini throne room, something simple since i noticed there’s no common room for the knights but the exterior hahaha

Edited by eldiano

I can say with absolute certainty that its possible to add sets to cart and checkout so that your order is confirmed, and then have it be cancelled after the fact for exceeding your limit when including prior orders. I believe if your order status changes to "At the Warehouse" then you're good.

1 hour ago, eldiano said:

It’s what happened to me, it’s giving me errors buying another one, but i do know from experience and personally knowing lego third party store owners that when you buy multiple sets of each they start tracking you via the email you use in their account, back in 2015 they relied on credit cards to track the bricklink physical store owners so they went to target if it’s available, but they got smart and started to use cash.  This was at a time in the past before the vip overhaul where you could upload your receipt and they can add it later on but retailers do have a profile on you I just have never seen them enforce it before.  

Disney has gotten to that point also because of my lightsaber purchases online BUT with that said though the only way I know for sure retailers do keep up is thanks to my ex wife, she liked to purchase clothes from Ross, wear them with the tags on and then return them as is, I ALWAYS got onto her about it and she was always oh they’ll let me return it until one day they asked for license, put some info in and boom denied hahahaha I laughed her in face so hard for playing the system for soooo long but damn it was funny.  

I’m happy with mine at the moment but I was just curious because I was trying to look up some information but i couldn’t check out because I keep exceeding the limit, nothing surprises me anymore though! 

UvxaHhg.jpg

PS 

I did not see that the drawbridge had no lego pegs, big no no hahaha there’s my first mod!  I”m thinking of doing an expansion next to the dining room for a mini throne room, something simple since i noticed there’s no common room for the knights but the exterior hahaha

Shouldn’t have said “tracking”.  I know they have everything on file with your VIP account.  You can even look exactly what you bought, where, and how many points you got for it.  So theoretically they could limit your account on sets, GWP.  And I know they will cancel if you exceed your online limit even if the system lets you put the max limit in your cart and purchase after you ordered in the past.  My point was I don’t think they are doing anything new for this set as far as enforcing the limits and I didn’t think that store purchases count against online purchases.  I thought the limit only applied to online purchases.  But if you are saying that is what happened to you that is new information to me.  I don’t have experience trying to buy online after being over the online limit with store purchases.  I have four of 31120 from LEGO.  Two from online first.  Then two from store.  So seems the store isn’t enforcing any kind of limit.  There are no signs, etc indicating a limit at the store.  I assumed the limit of three applies only to online.  And that I can still buy one more set online if I wanted to because I only bought two there.  But if they count store purchases against me then that would not work.  But odd if they count everything against you online but no limits in store.

16 minutes ago, Black Feather said:

Shouldn’t have said “tracking”.  I know they have everything on file with your VIP account.  You can even look exactly what you bought, where, and how many points you got for it.  So theoretically they could limit your account on sets, GWP.  And I know they will cancel if you exceed your online limit even if the system lets you put the max limit in your cart and purchase after you ordered in the past.  My point was I don’t think they are doing anything new for this set as far as enforcing the limits and I didn’t think that store purchases count against online purchases.  I thought the limit only applied to online purchases.  But if you are saying that is what happened to you that is new information to me.  I don’t have experience trying to buy online after being over the online limit with store purchases.  I have four of 31120 from LEGO.  Two from online first.  Then two from store.  So seems the store isn’t enforcing any kind of limit.  There are no signs, etc indicating a limit at the store.  I assumed the limit of three applies only to online.  And that I can still buy one more set online if I wanted to because I only bought two there.  But if they count store purchases against me then that would not work.  But odd if they count everything against you online but no limits in store.

I think this financial crisis is making them micromanage on a macro economic scale more than anything, all seriousness aside though for a consumer like me there’s always another way, I just verified my local Legoland discovery center will be getting them in stock on the 8th, so there would be another way from Lego officially of snagging on up!  Too bad they just ran out of forestment hideout sets but my hands are tied also since I can’t buy new lego parts from PAB and it’s giving me anxiety of FOMO, customer service just gave me the run of the mill generic answer on not having a clue because I definitely want more shields from this set! 

I have a problem I stocked up on the Medieval Blacksmith Black Falcon swords but this set went back to the smaller rounder tip sword, is this a downgrade from LEGO or can I pretend is just a blacksmith medieval upgrade haha

16 minutes ago, eldiano said:

I have a problem I stocked up on the Medieval Blacksmith Black Falcon swords but this set went back to the smaller rounder tip sword, is this a downgrade from LEGO or can I pretend is just a blacksmith medieval upgrade haha

The Queen uses the same sword that came in the blacksmith set.

Going through the parts list, it's not a bad deal considering the light bluish greys from this set. 

The online PAB thing is extremely annoying.  The Lions Knights have a great castle, but they don’t stand a chance against the massive well armed Black Falcon forces I’ve assembled.

1 hour ago, Sir Dano said:

The Queen uses the same sword that came in the blacksmith set.

Ohhh ok thanks I haven’t gotten past bag 14 yet hahaha oops

8 minutes ago, Black Feather said:

The online PAB thing is extremely annoying.  The Lions Knights have a great castle, but they don’t stand a chance against the massive well armed Black Falcon forces I’ve assembled.

I know your pain! The onslaught would be monumental, you know what irks me though is the fact I also worked up a Black Falcon small army only for them to change the colors for this set, now they wear black armor 😒

hahaha what’s sad is that I can’t buy more because of PAB to upgrade 😭

I now understand why that 1x2 piece is there for a reason, don’t be like me and make the same mistake hahaha

9gm00dJ.jpg

10 minutes ago, eldiano said:

I now understand why that 1x2 piece is there for a reason, don’t be like me and make the same mistake hahaha

Hahah, whoops!

21 minutes ago, Black Feather said:

I feel you. Fingers crossed that TLG finds a good way to get more Lion knights to us. They would be fools not to. 

3 hours ago, eldiano said:

I consider the two in the Blacksmith to be 'Knights' more than standard guards.  They have the better swords and weapons, and they wear actual armor like the new great helms and pauldrons.  Regular guards make due with the old style conical helms and rounded-tip swords or spears.

5 hours ago, eldiano said:

The larger swords are great swords and the smaller swords are called short swords. Great swords were larger and longer because they needed to reach enemies from horses. They ate usually two handed weapons wereas a short sword is used with one hand and easier to use with shields or spears.

Edited by cehnot

8 hours ago, kchan98 said:

Going through the parts list, it's not a bad deal considering the light bluish greys from this set. 

Yeah that's one advantage of a single color for the walls I suppose, you get a lot of it at once.

In this case I quite like the focus on just mainly light grey, with contrast for the rocks and windows and a small decoration below the tops of towers.

Edited by TeriXeri

I don't often get to go to WalMart, but did yesterday, and found the 31120 castle for $80. Deliberated a bit and got it, hoping that there are some good options for extensions to the 10305 castle using the pieces.

6 hours ago, cehnot said:

The larger swords are great swords and the smaller swords are called short swords. Great swords were larger and longer because they needed to reach enemies from horses. They ate usually two handed weapons wereas a short sword is used with one hand and easier to use with shields or spears.

That’s actually not true. Cavalry swords tend to be lighter one handed pieces. 

Great swords were an infantry weapon used to counter pikemen. 

21 hours ago, jodawill said:

How long do they impose these limits? I'm ok with the initial limit so everyone can get one, but I hope they don't impose that limit forever. I'd like to get about four of these castles eventually so I can build my own castles. I could ask family members to order them for me, but I'd also like to claim those VIP points.

The records of what you have purchased apply over the lifetime of the set, but they often increase the actual limit as the set gets older. So if you buy one now, it doesn't decay off your account with time, it will always be there. If they increase the limit from 1 to 2, you can buy another one but not another two. If they go to 5, you can buy another 4 but not 5. And so on. If you bought five and the limit stays at 5 and it goes on offer, you are excluded.

You can of course get around it by having a second person that is also a VIP buy for you. Both my kids have VIP accounts, so if we buy anything in store then we tend to use their accounts.

It is a bit crazy, especially when it comes to clearance items they want rid of. I've had orders cancelled in the past because I bought the max limit in a sale, then six months later tried to buy more of the same set. They prefer to cancel an order if you go over the limit even when they cannot shift the sets for months and months at a discount.

25 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

That’s actually not true. Cavalry swords tend to be lighter one handed pieces. 

Great swords were an infantry weapon used to counter pikemen. 

Very true, cavalry swords are small and relatively light quick slashing swords, not large heavy chopping swords. If you needed to use two hands to hold a sword on horseback, you would lose a lot of control of the horse at the time you need control the most. Plus a heavy sword that needs swinging to chop would cause a rider to be unbalanced. The slashing action is also why a lot of cavalry swords are curved, so the sword cuts over a range of angles and keeps in contact with the body of the victim sliding across it while the rider rushes past.

13 hours ago, Black Feather said:

I have four of 31120 from LEGO.  Two from online first.  Then two from store.  So seems the store isn’t enforcing any kind of limit.  There are no signs, etc indicating a limit at the store.  I assumed the limit of three applies only to online.  And that I can still buy one more set online if I wanted to because I only bought two there.  But if they count store purchases against me then that would not work.  But odd if they count everything against you online but no limits in store.

I would imagine that it is a lot harder to refuse a purchase when someone is standing at a cash desk in front of a low wage sales person when the purchase has already been rung up compared to by a faceless CS rep online. To refuse a sale once they have rung it up is only likely to cause an argument. If you were taking the mickey and trying to buy all their stock, it is understandable to refuse, but they are primarily there to sell. If you didn't hand over the VIP card, they'd happily sell them to you face to face and even suggest you join the VIP scheme so refusing to because you gave them the VIP card would be rather silly.

10 hours ago, eldiano said:

9gm00dJ.jpg

That maneuver is called the nut cracker (or maybe nut splitter). Assuming it is a male soldier of course!

Edited by MAB

8 hours ago, cehnot said:

Also worth mentioning there's the "small" great sword, which is a nice in-between. Personally I only give the short swords to peasant types, the rounded end just doesn't look right IMO. Even when I was a kid I took a knife and turned the round ends into points, looked terrible lol.

Short sword

In between sword

Great sword

Edited by woodford86

I have no problem with the old school rounded sword or the revised-hilt version. It’s part of the Lego aesthetic. That said, I do really like the two long swords quite a bit. Fun to have variety there. 

not sure why they branded it as a greatsword.  I would have settled with 'Longsword' myself, since that's what it looks like it's meant to represent.

4 minutes ago, Triceron said:

not sure why they branded it as a greatsword.  I would have settled with 'Longsword' myself, since that's what it looks like it's meant to represent.

Emmett would have an awesomesword.

11 hours ago, Triceron said:

I consider the two in the Blacksmith to be 'Knights' more than standard guards.  They have the better swords and weapons, and they wear actual armor like the new great helms and pauldrons.  Regular guards make due with the old style conical helms and rounded-tip swords or spears.

Interesting! Although I’m a diehard history fan of “events” i never read into medieval weaponry that much, naturally i always like to vary my Minifigures, they must be different, i just never thought that much into it about guards, knights and kings, i just thought it was cool to buy them all this extra armor, halberds and swords!  

This is making mad more because now i want to buy more lion knights to match my black falcon army.

13 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Hahah, whoops!

I feel you. Fingers crossed that TLG finds a good way to get more Lion knights to us. They would be fools not to. 

As I was buying more VIP pirate bags on ebay, the seller had a listing for the entire 10305 Minifigure collection at a whopping $275!!!! That’s just for the Minifigures, the whole time I’m thinking might as well buy another castle at that rate, LEGO needs to sell us the 2022 pieces, I’m having withdrawals from not being able to buy more shields, forest people clothes and lion knights, it’s torture! 

9 hours ago, cehnot said:

I honestly thought LEGO just “updated” weapons, never took in consideration it was for accuracy

56 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

I have no problem with the old school rounded sword or the revised-hilt version. It’s part of the Lego aesthetic. That said, I do really like the two long swords quite a bit. Fun to have variety there. 

True, I sometimes feel that it’s hard to keep with how many sword variants are out there i used to think the swords were updated from rounder to greatswords, the nights in the medieval blacksmith threw me off for that reason.

I’m more of a pirate guy but I do feel lucky to have bought excess brown lego plates, I’m not done with the lego set yet because my kids want to take turns building it but so far the easiest mod is the drawbridge, I’m glad to have bought that magisto outfit from the minifig selection at the store, this feels like a 28 year old update for real and i love it even more now!!!!

It2XUKT.jpg

I’m used to tiny throne rooms in past older sets but in reality just looking at this set i can honestly say that once lets me buy 2022 bricks from this set on PAB I will try to convert the toilet room which is a decent sized room to something more “regal” like with banners and shields and a mini throne ala Kingdoms castle I hope.  

I get everyone likes asymmetrical castles hehe but you all know me i’m the boring basic builder that likes symmetrical sets hehe the more I stare at this castle now, the more i think of uh expanding the castle to the right of it with the same design and layout of the left side of the “courtyard” and probably retooling the kids room into a dedicated throne room and changing the color from white to yellow and use the kitchen and common room as sleeping quarters for the knights.

This set is inspiring but some design elements of this castle would have benefited a lot from the current modular techniques of the current Harry Potter Hogwarts sets I think.   

Edited by eldiano

11 minutes ago, Triceron said:

I’m not sure they have made anything official as far as naming goes. That’s the terminology that’s used on Bricklink, which we tend to use as gospel, but as far as TLG is concerned, I think they’re all just “swords”.

11 minutes ago, dimc said:

Emmett would have an awesomesword.

I would've thought: "aweasword". :enough:

1 minute ago, SirBlake said:

I’m not sure they have made anything official as far as naming goes. That’s the terminology that’s used on Bricklink, which we tend to use as gospel, but as far as TLG is concerned, I think they’re all just “swords”.

Oh, I was referring to Bricklink specifically for that comment.