Well somehow lego knew my wifes new account already had a castle ordered on my account.  Not sure how.  She changed all details including her name.  Guess we wont be getting multiples without a long drive to a lego store or have to wait for the limit to be lifted.  Cmon lego, you starve me for ten years and then dont let me get multiples?!  My wife and i want to build one each at the same time then see how they look together!  

If Lego would produce more than 3 castle related sets in 5 or more years, there wouldn't be such a run in the first place. I for one are really happy with another hideout set... the anniversary set is absolutely beyond my reach, but it looked quite good on display.

40 minutes ago, eldiano said:

I never noticed that the play set in the queens room is a miniature castle of 1978 😍😍. A lego set within a lego set

Don't tell me you never bought the Modular "Assembly Square" (10255)? Among others the Eifel Tower is in it.

7 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

Don't tell me you never bought the Modular "Assembly Square" (10255)? Among others the Eifel Tower is in it.

Oh that's excellent! I haven't built it yet, but I do love those little details.

20 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

Nope, I only buy Castle and Pirates sets, Harry Potter sets with Hogwarts, maybe the occasional Marvel/DC and usually OT Star Wars sets hehe, I’m a tool but I’m simple.  

Perhaps a strange question - but does anyone have the dimensions for the box of the set?

3 minutes ago, Weil said:

Perhaps a strange question - but does anyone have the dimensions for the box of the set?

I think it’s big-wide, large-high and whoah-deep. 

2 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

False. It is yay *gestures with arms* wide. Otherwise correct.

3 hours ago, BTappel said:

Ordered the castle last night to be delivered to my house!  Tried to order two… My wife has a separate lego account, card, billing address and shipping address, but because she had shipped other sets to our house before, they cancelled her order saying she could only get one castle.  Surprised lego was able to link the two, so kudos to them and trying to make sure everyone who wants the castle gets one.

However, since few would enjoy the castle as much as me, and we have had a castle dry spell for ten years, I feel justified ordering as many as I can afford.  She is making another account right now so hopefully we can sneak by legos defenses.

Interesting how they can do this but not the same with GWPs.

21 minutes ago, dimc said:

Lol, I stand corrected. 

32 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

They could. But for whatever reason the ticket to add that logic to the code isn’t deemed high enough priority by the product owner. 

It could be as simple as the dev team haven’t been told that the conditions for gwp require this. Would absolutely not surprise me. 

Edited by Rjbricks

48 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Loving the precision of this community.

44 minutes ago, dimc said:

Loving the precision on precision of this community.

1 hour ago, eldiano said:

Nope, I only buy Castle and Pirates sets, Harry Potter sets with Hogwarts, maybe the occasional Marvel/DC and usually OT Star Wars sets hehe, I’m a tool but I’m simple.  

Not to worry. Basically I only started with modulars because at the time there was a dearth in the release of sets I am most interested in.

Regarding the box: 52x48x21.5 cm

Edited by GeoBrick
Box dimensions

1 hour ago, Sir Dano said:

It’s easier to track you with VIP accounts, I bought my set in store, tried to purchase one online because I wanted to see the box dimensions for Weil but the website straight up told me my limit was exceed hahaha damn

Just now, eldiano said:

It’s easier to track you with VIP accounts, I bought my set in store, tried to purchase one online because I wanted to see the box dimensions for Weil but the website straight up told me my limit was exceed hahaha damn

I'd like to see you go back to the store and try to buy a second one. I wonder if they'd stop you.

2 minutes ago, jodawill said:

I'd like to see you go back to the store and try to buy a second one. I wonder if they'd stop you.

Do you need a VIP account for a GWP in-store? If not, then you can forgo the VIP points and buy what you want. They may limit you to 1 per purchase, but that's just on the employee in the store.

3 minutes ago, dimc said:

Do you need a VIP account for a GWP in-store? If not, then you can forgo the VIP points and buy what you want. They may limit you to 1 per purchase, but that's just on the employee in the store.

Well, I'm specifically thinking of collecting the VIP points. It would be really crappy if you had to forgo the VIP points on such a large purchase just because they don't allow you to buy more than one of this set.

I totally get why they're limiting it now, but I really hope they don't maintain this limit after the demand has leveled off. That would be super crappy.

4 minutes ago, dimc said:

3000 VIP points is nothing to sneeze at, especially since at some point this set should be free to buy to your hearts content again.

3 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

3000 VIP points is nothing to sneeze at, especially since at some point this set should be free to buy to your hearts content again.

I hope you're right. I just looked at the other large sets, and they have limits of 3-5. Hopefully they'll increase this one eventually also.

It's also interesting that the website tells me I've "exceeded" the limit (which actually means I met the limit). It tells me that for 10305, but not for the Galaxy Explorer, which I also met the limit on when I ordered.

Hopefully 10305 is getting special treatment for a short period of time simply because they want to make sure everyone gets a copy the first time around. As long as they open it up later on for more purchases, that seems fair to me. (I just wish I had some assurances.)

6 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

Totally agreed. I suspect after a few months they will remove restrictions since the demand drops. I'm betting they learned a lot from the BL Designer Program fiasco in round one.

I also realize there's a lot of irony in the fact that those of us whining about the limit of one would be super upset if we missed out because they didn't implement limits. I'm just chomping at the bit for this thing. I haven't been able to think about anything else since this set was first rumored.

So, do we know if this set will be a DTC exclusive or will it be available at retailers after a few months?

45 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

Regarding the box: 52x48x21.5 cm

:pir-huzzah2: thanks

44 minutes ago, eldiano said:

tried to purchase one online because I wanted to see the box dimensions for Weil

Thanks for trying.  Are the box dimensions available when you go to purchase online? That would be news to me!

1 hour ago, eldiano said:

Not sure what your saying but I don’t think they are counting the store purchase against you.  The first night I went online and it put it in my cart just to check if the GWP would be added.  But the GWP didn’t show up so I didn’t buy it.  I did notice that when I went back to view the set with the set in my cart it said I exceeded my limit even though I hadn’t actually bought it yet.  When I remove from my cart that went away, so it would allow me to add it to my cart again.  So it was just stopping me from adding more than 1 to my cart.  The next morning I went and bought the set with GWP at the store.  Now when I return to the online site it allows me to put 1 in my cart just like before.  But after I do that when I go to view the set it still says limit exceeded (when I have it in my cart just like before).  So suspect it will allow me to buy another online if I want to as long as it’s only one.  But I don’t want to try this experiment until there’s another GWP or double points.  

8 minutes ago, Black Feather said:

Not sure what your saying but I don’t think they are counting the store purchase against you.  The first night I went online and it put it in my cart just to check if the GWP would be added.  But the GWP didn’t show up so I didn’t buy it.  I did notice that when I went back to view the set with the set in my cart it said I exceeded my limit even though I hadn’t actually bought it yet.  When I remove from my cart that went away, so it would allow me to add it to my cart again.  So it was just stopping me from adding more than 1 to my cart.  The next morning I went and bought the set with GWP at the store.  Now when I return to the online site it allows me to put 1 in my cart just like before.  But after I do that when I go to view the set it still says limit exceeded (when I have it in my cart just like before).  So suspect it will allow me to buy another online if I want to as long as it’s only one.  But I don’t want to try this experiment until there’s another GWP or double points.  

Oh, I see now. It said limit exceeded because I had added one to my cart for some reason. I wonder if they'd cancel my order if I bought a second one. I'll wait a month or two before I buy another one though.