25 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Yes, that reasoning makes good sense. To combat this, I've started by making my own archers for the new Black Falcons. I got some Rohan Soldier torsos and Eomer/Theoden legs and put blue arms on them. They look great, and work well with the desire for scale mail.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=lor009#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

However, since the unveiling of the BaM second BF torso and these new Lions, I think I'm going to transfer my parts-bashed archers to the Lions and make the new BaM Chain mail+cape work for the BF archers. It's all fussy details, but it's fun world building. :grin: 

I still have to get my hands on the new BF torsos.  I was a bit late to the party on that one, and when I went to the Lego store the BAM tower didn't have any of them.  Oddly, they had some torsos that had the Kingdoms style Lion head emblem.  Same with any of the new Wizard parts, I didn't see any there.

I'm just happy they're providing alternatives, even if it's non-standard to any major sets.  I have 4 of the Lion/Key shields now too, so they'll go great with any new Lion knights I make, and I'll probably be using this shield for the Queen.

The harpsichord is historically accurate only if the period of history you/they/who ever is talking about is the Early Modern Period (or subsequent to that) not the Middle Ages or Medieval period. There was something called a Psaltery which worked in a similar way to a harpsichord but does not appear to have had keys, so looked different.

I got the impression the fun for the designers was in creating a music group and the harpsichord was shoe-horned in to make up the quartet.

8 minutes ago, Triceron said:

I still have to get my hands on the new BF torsos.  I was a bit late to the party on that one, and when I went to the Lego store the BAM tower didn't have any of them.  Oddly, they had some torsos that had the Kingdoms style Lion head emblem.  Same with any of the new Wizard parts, I didn't see any there.

I'm just happy they're providing alternatives, even if it's non-standard to any major sets.  I have 4 of the Lion/Key shields now too, so they'll go great with any new Lion knights I make, and I'll probably be using this shield for the Queen.

You may have been early to the party. I've been calling the closest Lego store to me (Dallas, TX) every week since the new stock has started showing up in Europe, and they still haven't gotten any of the new BaM parts.

I like that we have alternative minifig stuff available too, I just wish they were easier to get. It requires lucky timing and a trip to the official store, which for me, isn't exactly around the corner and requires a fair amount of big city traffic that isn't any fun. That's why I've been calling first. I'm not making that drive without confirmation.

43 minutes ago, MAB said:

I prefer two factions with a single print each compared to one faction with two prints.

I find it quite easy to tell the difference between foot soldiers and archers - the archers carry bows and have quivers on their backs! :-)

I try to use different legs for each type. Foot soldiers have black, archers have blue, something like that. Helms are great if I can do it, but as y'all have mentioned, they aren't the most common in bullet style. I just checked and I currently have 2 bullet helms not in use, both in grey. That said, I have 0 conical helms, so maybe that says something. 

24 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

You may have been early to the party. I've been calling the closest Lego store to me (Dallas, TX) every week since the new stock has started showing up in Europe, and they still haven't gotten any of the new BaM parts.

I went a few weeks ago and my store didn't have them. I went on the 15th to get the Forest Hideout GWP and they had them. I didn't get 3 complete figures but picked up 15 various pieces, including 4 of the new BF torsos, and a few BF shields

3 minutes ago, DentedFrood said:

I went a few weeks ago and my store didn't have them. I went on the 15th to get the Forest Hideout GWP and they had them. I didn't get 3 complete figures but picked up 15 various pieces, including 4 of the new BF torsos, and a few BF shields

In my experience, each store handles BaM differently. Last summer, the Dallas store would only assemble complete figs and you couldn’t mix and match. I’m hoping that policy has since changed, as I’m really only after torsos and legs. 

34 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

The store in Shaumburg IL just got those in last Friday, so we are definitely getting them slowly. I checked in OKC,OK and they didn't have any in yet as of a month or so ago. There's still hope for folks that haven't seen the in a local store yet.

1 minute ago, SirBlake said:

In my experience, each store handles BaM differently. Last summer, the Dallas store would only assemble complete figs and you couldn’t mix and match. I’m hoping that policy has since changed, as I’m really only after torsos and legs. 

I was seeing that mostly due to Covid and the stores I have been to lately or had friends go to for me have allowed whole figures at least, if not just elements (which I prefer).

I might just have to check my stores again then.  Not as easy as it once was though since each Lego store is like an hour drive away, and gas prices are quite ridiculous right now.  I can only really manage to go check em out if we're going for a major grocery run.

13 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

My store has so far been laid back about it. I don't think they checked it at all when they rang it up this time, if he did it was quick, but I always assume I'm going to get challenged on it. So far I've done it 5 or 6 times and only had it questioned once. Even then after I pointed out it still matched the 15 pieces total, they kind of shrugged, might have checked with another employee, and ended up being cool with it

Edited to fix grammar

Edited by DentedFrood

3 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

The store in Shaumburg IL just got those in last Friday, so we are definitely getting them slowly. I checked in OKC,OK and they didn't have any in yet as of a month or so ago. There's still hope for folks that haven't seen the in a local store yet.

I was seeing that mostly due to Covid and the stores I have been to lately or had friends go to for me have allowed whole figures at least, if not just elements (which I prefer).

According to the Dallas store, they have to request new stock, so rather than it be calendar related, it’s based on individual store inventory and employee initiative. 

They also said their weekly truck comes in on Wednesdays, so I’ll be calling them again tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

Personally I've been using these helmets on my Black Falcons to differentiate them a little more from the Lions.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=48493

Interesting. I switched all of my Black Falcons conical helms to Pearl Dark Grey conicals. They just didn’t look right with shiny silver helmets to me. 

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Yes, it had already been seen in white in some of the upcoming Super Mario sets. Should be a very useful part!

Well, firstly, they're not all female. Secondly, if you can't suspend disbelief that HALF of them could be female (if for no other reason than this being a toy for modern audiences including both men AND women, and not an educational diorama for a museum or something like that)... that's a you problem. The "statement" it makes is that women have been asking for equitable gender representation in Lego sets for ages, and that doing so helps those women more than it hurts the small percentage of whiners who insist upon perfect historical accuracy in their plastic toys. And that statement is 100% true.

No. It does not help anyone. That is bogus. My family and I are refugees from the Soviet Union (non Jewish escapees essentially). We fled to the US. Literally every movie I have grown up with shows the Russians as the "bad guys." You seriously think it hurt my development and that I grew up thinking why my people are bad and hated? Or why I am hated just for being Russian? No, of course now. Even funnier is that all the Russian characters were played by Westerners. Do you actually think any Russian thought that they were some how marginalized or attacked because they gave "Russian" roles to non-Russians for these movies? This is the most ridiculous notion in the history of notions.

And I am not whining about the set. It's perfect. I will buy two. I will also swap out the heads of some of them, sure. And btw, there is a knighted Queen and three other knights IIRC, and they're all female. It looks ridiculous. It's shoe-horning. My baby sister had set 7094 (King's Castle Siege) and did not feel excluded even though there wasn't a single female in the set. And it was one of her favorite sets.

You are manufacturing victimhood from lack of representation and projecting it on to others.

If this topic of "woke-ism" in this set never came up, I never would have started it. I had no interest in bringing this subject up. I am only chiming in since the discussion was being had because I thought people on both sides were missing some points. This shoehorning is laughable. Obviously, it is not as funny as a man giving birth, but still funny. I am not offended by the minifigures.

EDIT: And by the way, kids are not asking for this representation. Insecure parents are because they love to project on their children.

Edited by Something_Awesome

I certainly like the variety that they're providing with BAM. Hopefully the online version is up and running everywhere soon.

29 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

They just didn’t look right with shiny silver helmets to me. 

Agreed. First thing I did back when I got the Blacksmith set was give them black great helms.

14 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I certainly like the variety that they're providing with BAM. Hopefully the online version is up and running everywhere soon.

Same, closest Lego store for me is 12+ hours away so I'd really like them to get the online one opened up.

Edited by Sir Dano

12 minutes ago, Something_Awesome said:

No. It does not help anyone. That is bogus. My family and I are refugees from the Soviet Union (non Jewish escapees essentially). We fled to the US. Literally every movie I have grown up with shows the Russians as the "bad guys." You seriously think it hurt my development and that I grew up thinking why my people are bad and hated? Or why I am hated just for being Russian? No, of course now. Even funnier is that all the Russian characters were played by Westerners. Do you actually think any Russian thought that they were some how marginalized or attacked because they gave "Russian" roles to non-Russians for these movies? This is the most ridiculous notion in the history of notions.

And I am not whining about the set. It's perfect. I will buy two. I will also swap out the heads of some of them, sure. And btw, there is a knighted Queen and three other knights IIRC, and they're all female. It looks ridiculous. It's shoe-horning. My baby sister had set 7094 (King's Castle Siege) and did not feel excluded even though there wasn't a single female in the set. And it was one of her favorite sets.

You are manufacturing victimhood from lack of representation and projecting it on to others.

If this topic of "woke-ism" in this set never came up, I never would have started it. I had no interest in bringing this subject up. I am only chiming in since the discussion was being had because I thought people on both sides were missing some points. This shoehorning is laughable. Obviously, it is not as funny as a man giving birth, but still funny. I am not offended by the minifigures.

EDIT: And by the way, kids are not asking for this representation. Insecure parents are because they love to project on their children.

This set IS for adults and parents with kids, genius. That's what the 18+ on the box means! And adult women AFOLs have been asking for gender parity for a WHILE. The fact that you apparently don't know enough women AFOLs to realize that reflects more on you than it does on me. The fact that you're plainly sexist (and apparently also transphobic) is clearly evident from your comment, and if nothing else I'm glad you chimed in so that I can put you on my ignored users list and avoid your inane comments in the future.

Not sure if this was already discussed before but will there be VIP Access for this Castle set?

EDIT when I said “VIP Access” I meant to say “VIP Early Access”

2 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Not sure if this was already discussed before but will there be VIP Access for this Castle set?

EDIT when I said “VIP Access” I meant to say “VIP Early Access”

August 3rd, regular sale will be on the 8th.

8 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

Ah thanks! That would be great if they are available for Pre-order just like Galaxy Explorer but I’m totally fine with VIP Early Access. 

When I say stop I mean stop, there are no more warnings. It goes for everyone, no matter what "side" of the argument you think you are on, the argument in this thread is over.

17 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

Oh wow, that's not much time to get in before they sell out. I better set an alarm!

8 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I wonder what the purchase limit will be, given the possibilities of combining multiple.

On the one hand, I hope at least 3 so I can use them. On the other hand, I hope just 1 so the resellers leave some for the rest of us. :pir-laugh:

1 hour ago, Darkdragon said:

On the one hand, I hope at least 3 so I can use them. On the other hand, I hope just 1 so the resellers leave some for the rest of us. :pir-laugh:

Man, I wish I had that much apartment space.

3 hours ago, Sandbag58 said:

The harpsichord is historically accurate only if the period of history you/they/who ever is talking about is the Early Modern Period (or subsequent to that) not the Middle Ages or Medieval period. There was something called a Psaltery which worked in a similar way to a harpsichord but does not appear to have had keys, so looked different.

I got the impression the fun for the designers was in creating a music group and the harpsichord was shoe-horned in to make up the quartet.

Still the designers specified historical accuracy in there video, thus a harpsichord not a piano. So the designers clearly had in mind 14-16th century since the first piano was created in 1700. I like that time period from a design perspective almost a combination of old and new stuff being made. Makes Shakespeare a perfect minifig to add in. You can still create "medieval" architecture but there can also be "renaissance" items sprinkled about.

Edited by natesroom

I only had one of the old bullet helmets. I found someone selling them at a (comparably) reasonable price. The guy who runs Bricks4Cheap says he has over a thousand of them, and if you order through his website, you get a 10% discount, which left me paying $1.79 each. As far as I can tell, that's the best deal online if you want to buy them in bulk.

I ordered 30 of them. I hope that will be enough. We'll see. :pir-laugh:

Edit: I should also mention that his are in new condition.

Edited by jodawill

29 minutes ago, jodawill said:

I only had one of the old bullet helmets. I found someone selling them at a (comparably) reasonable price. The guy who runs Bricks4Cheap says he has over a thousand of them, and if you order through his website, you get a 10% discount, which left me paying $1.79 each. As far as I can tell, that's the best deal online if you want to buy them in bulk.

I ordered 30 of them. I hope that will be enough. We'll see. :pir-laugh:

Edit: I should also mention that his are in new condition.

now you have me curious as to how many helmet spares i have. this is all i got...

PXL_20220623_013435084

Also unattached shield extras...

2022-06-22_09-42-58

Edited by natesroom