NoOneOfImportance

Ongoing Transformers Rumors and Discussion

57 minutes ago, BitByBrick said:

Can you (or anyone else) please share a picture of this. Very curious of how it’s done and what the final modification looks like. Hoping to get this set soon. Thank you. 

Sure. The 'how it's done' couldn't be any simpler, but here's how he looks after replacing the printed 1x2 plate:

ddgQiOu.jpeg

33 minutes ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

Sure. The 'how it's done' couldn't be any simpler, but here's how he looks after replacing the printed 1x2 plate:

Looks great. Thanks for the picture! 

Edited by BitByBrick

On 6/12/2022 at 9:16 AM, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

ddgQiOu.jpeg

Do you have this piece?

44567a.png

This instagram user used the above piece to give Optimus back his nose
41VWMs5dRjL._RI_.jpg
but it also adds separation between the eyes. I like the use of translucent-blue 1x1 plates instead of round plates so Optimus doesn't have a bulging-eye look. Also, the forehead printed-vent piece looks too much like a necktie and so replacing it with a real vent slope looks better.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CdtDn79I8TG/

More specific instructions and parts list:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cep6H0qoXDb/

This thread on FTW2005 has lot of cool mods to optimus like mouting the mouth-plate higher to hide the ugly horizontal gray part under the eyes and even modifications to give optimus bending knees.
https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/rumor-lego-optimus-prime-coming-in-2022.1227722/page-75

Edited by badbob001

10 hours ago, badbob001 said:

Do you have this piece?

This instagram user used the above piece to give Optimus back his nose

but it also adds separation between the eyes. I like the use of translucent-blue 1x1 plates instead of round plates so Optimus doesn't have a bulging-eye look. Also, the forehead printed-vent piece looks too much like a necktie and so replacing it with a real vent slope looks better.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CdtDn79I8TG/

More specific instructions and parts list:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cep6H0qoXDb/

This thread on FTW2005 has lot of cool mods to optimus like mouting the mouth-plate higher to hide the ugly horizontal gray part under the eyes and even modifications to give optimus bending knees.
https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/rumor-lego-optimus-prime-coming-in-2022.1227722/page-75

Yes, the Instagram link was also posted on the previous page. I did consider swapping the forehead print for a 1x2 grille slope, but now that I have it in person I prefer the print. Some of the suggested head mods reduce structural integrity, so I've opted to keep the head changes minimal. I haven't applied stickers though, so I did also end up adding some 1x2 ingots to the legs and front bumper, as the 2x6 tiles there otherwise end up looking a little plain. One other small improvement worth mentioning is to swap the four blue axle pins in the ankles with black ones, as they can be seen from the outside on the finished build.

The TFW thread was very interesting. The knee-joint solutions are good, though I can see why they were left out of the official design. Unless you're actively playing with the model, the improved pose-ability is going to be rather offset by reduced sturdiness. I quite like the white and black recoloured models shown in the thread, and took note of their improved wing mirror design.

Edited by BrickMonkeyMOCs

I got the set about a week ago. It took 3 hours to assemble. I love a lot of details about it, and it looks *mostly* beautiful, however there are a number of details that irk me, notably the leg assembly (knees and ankles really) and the head, as many others have pointed out. Did anyone else get as triggered as I did when they put joints in the knees and then removed their ability to bend?

On 9/13/2022 at 2:52 PM, Spectervamp said:

I got the set about a week ago. It took 3 hours to assemble. I love a lot of details about it, and it looks *mostly* beautiful, however there are a number of details that irk me, notably the leg assembly (knees and ankles really) and the head, as many others have pointed out. Did anyone else get as triggered as I did when they put joints in the knees and then removed their ability to bend?

Not particularly. As a big fan of Lego mechs, I recognize how much harder knee articulation is to achieve than you'd think. Having something compact enough to look non-obtrusive, yet robust enough for both play and long-term display, can be a challenge to build with Lego, a medium that is inherently designed to come apart. The original 1985 Optimus Prime toy had knees but lacked hip articulation, and I think the latter allows for better, more varied poses overall.

20% off at lego right now, plus double VIP points and 15% back on Rakuten as it's not exclusive. (thats a pretty good deal) Must be retiring early?

The rumors are true Prime is here.  Those mods to make him look better are great.  I made a miniature Prime you can find him here:

On 10/10/2022 at 3:31 PM, Frizzlefry25 said:

20% off at lego right now, plus double VIP points and 15% back on Rakuten as it's not exclusive. (thats a pretty good deal) Must be retiring early?

I wonder if we'll see another Transformers item ... Megatron? Starscream?

On 12/10/2022 at 2:46 PM, hikouki said:

Hoping for any Beast Wars character, especially Optimus Primal.

On 12/10/2022 at 2:46 PM, hikouki said:

I hope we will, but the thing you qouted is evidence in the opposite case if anything.

Currently assembling Optimus (I managed to piece him together except the stickers and printed parts thanks to my collection, some parts from BL and local sellers and a bunch of parts from LEGO online that finally showed up yesterday) and its a very fun build so far. Can someone suggest a good trailer MOC to go with it that doesn't require any weird/rare/expensive parts?\

Wow Optimus looks cool (probably look cooler if I could get hold of the printed and stickered parts but that's not happening at the prices they are going for). Well worth the effort I put into obtaining all the parts :)

Edited by jonwil

On 1/4/2023 at 9:51 PM, jonwil said:

Currently assembling Optimus (I managed to piece him together except the stickers and printed parts thanks to my collection, some parts from BL and local sellers and a bunch of parts from LEGO online that finally showed up yesterday) and its a very fun build so far. Can someone suggest a good trailer MOC to go with it that doesn't require any weird/rare/expensive parts?\

Wow Optimus looks cool (probably look cooler if I could get hold of the printed and stickered parts but that's not happening at the prices they are going for). Well worth the effort I put into obtaining all the parts :)

Over on Rebrickable there's a Speed Champions car trailer,  then there's this not-transforming box trailer, and this one that opens up like the original Hasbro toy. That's all I could find, @jonwil.

Edited by Murdoch17

22 hours ago, Atrius Kain said:

No new rumours on a new Transformer? Did Optimus not sell well? Or the next one will be in 2024?

We still have more than a month until Prime was leaked last year, and we still know nothing about sets 10318 to 10323, so that's 6 sets that it could be. I would say we should wait until March to worry about no new Lego Transformers this year.

I hope Optimus sold well enough to get us another transformer. It doesn't seem like we'll be seeing one this year, which at the least implies that they didn't have another one ready and best case scenario were waiting to see how Optimus sold before starting development.

If we do see another one, I feel like Bee and Megatron are about equally likely, though I think Bee would likely be the Bay/Knight design rather than the G1 design. 

Primal would have made some sense as a tie-in this year, but there's literally no way to transform him in lego like he does in the film. Not without removing a significant number of parts to get him into his more humanoid form.

TandNbricks- a leaker on instragram- made some sort of teaser post- alongside things we know are coming (Barad-Dur, Batman The Animated Series sets, etc), and things that have been heavily rumored (lego fortnite sets, sonic 3 sets), there's a clip of a lego optimus prime (Not the official set, it's a render of someone's MOC aiming ion blasters at the screen)

This is a pretty solid hint that more lego transformers are coming! I hold by my last post- it'll be Bumblebee or Megatron, though I think Soundwave also has a shot.

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This is a pretty solid hint that more lego transformers are coming! I hold by my last post- it'll be Bumblebee or Megatron

Those are my guesses as well, though I think that Bee is more likely due to his G1 alternate form being a car rather than a gun! 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Those are my guesses as well, though I think that Bee is more likely due to his G1 alternate form being a car rather than a gun! 

Most G1 styled merchandise now turns him into a tank, which is what I assume lego'd do. (It actually really just looks like G1 megatron with a treaded backpack- it's impressive how they turned the same bot mode into a completely different alt mode) Ironically, since Volkswagen rarely allows hasbro to make G1 bee a beetle, neither of them are likely to become their original alt mode- though it is more likely that lego agrees to Volkswagen's cut of the set (and volkswagen agrees to letting them make bee a beetle in the first place) than they agree to make their most realistic firearm yet.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Most G1 styled merchandise now turns him into a tank, which is what I assume lego'd do. 

I am not sure that LEGO would do that either, though. 

9 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Ironically, since Volkswagen rarely allows hasbro to make G1 bee a beetle, neither of them are likely to become their original alt mode- though it is more likely that lego agrees to Volkswagen's cut of the set (and volkswagen agrees to letting them make bee a beetle in the first place) than they agree to make their most realistic firearm yet.

LEGO has worked with VW before, so I can see them being able to wrangle the rights to make a classic Bumblebee. Also, even if they have to use a different type of car, Bee still turns into a car, not a weapon or military vehicle, which makes him more likely than Megatron IMO. 

Bee being a Volkswagen was a legit issue ten/twenty years ago, I would call it an easy shot now. Transformers has had licensed VW figures for both of the last two movies and three new G1 renditions. One of those comes out this year/early next year and another was early 2022. This is a complete shift of VWs old policy of "under no circumstances will we ever associate ourselves with a war brand" so I really would not give that any weight. Plus its far harder to imagine a transforming live action Lego Bumblebee and I think general audiences understand Bumblebee is Bumblebee. And Lego has worked with them often enough too. And its Bumblebee.

The Optimus figure banked so heavily on the original toy, iirc the instruction essay says as much, I think there is a heavy consideration of an audience that maybe does not follow what Hasbro does now and if Megatron is a tank it is going to lack that same appeal, though it obviously will not be a pistol. And that is if they want to do a large modern tank which at best is a coin toss for Lego. Then Megatron, possibly any Decepticon, is a bigger risk. Optimus and Bumblebee do not need to do as much to sell themselves as Megatron, but Optimus still went all out in aspects a Megatron cannot so the bar is even higher.

The most likely Decepticon imo would be Soundwave, simple design, non-military, has a novel altmode, is perhaps more recognisable than Megatron and is one of the most iconic "original" designs. I wonder how long this line can go because there's no likely Megatron to make as a Lego Transformer.  Which brings me back to Bumblebee. Optimus, no Megatron and almost any other character might feel incomplete. Optimus and Bumblebee though, that works. Maybe a Grimlock after that (same lineup as Robosen another line of expensive Transformers licensed product that seems to have done Optimus first and more based on the success of that)

On 12/29/2023 at 6:42 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

This is a pretty solid hint that more lego transformers are coming!

6 hours ago, Grabdatgem said:

What if “Orange” is a wave of transformers sets? 

'Orange' covers 4 sets: 75580, 75581, 75582, 75583.

These were previously labelled as Avatar (The non-airbender one) by several sites and sources, but now seems to be some speculation they could be something else.

1697549317-transformers-one-teaser-china-licensing-expo.jpg

I think Transformers: One is a possibility if these four sets are indeed Transformers, in which case the four main potential candidates are:

1. Optimus Prime (Transformers: One)
  2. Bumblebee (Transformers: One)
  3. Elita 1 (Transformers: One)
  4. Megatron (Transformers: One)

I know people may hate to hear it, but given the rough drawings someone did of how Optimus and Megatron apparently look in the film... they'd be perfect for the buildable figure line and the buildable figures line would likely overlap the target age group of Transformers: One. This circumvents the requirement for the Transformation and would enable us to get characters like Megatron who Lego might normally not represent due to his alt-mode.

It also makes sense in regards to the film as to why buildable figures might be selected:

Spoiler

As a potential plot implied they would be unable to Transform in the film due to lacking a Transformation cog that fits in their chests. If so it's likely the main characters would'nt transform for a majority of the film so having non-transforming figures to represent them would not be a massive leap.

Also arguably would feel like another step towards a potential Bionicle reboot if we get a brand new torso piece that has exposed circular hole/gear design along with yet more stylized armour pieces that could be re-used... 2025/2026 perhaps...

Edited by Scarilian

51 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Also arguably would feel like another step towards a potential Bionicle reboot if we get a brand new torso piece that has exposed circular hole/gear design along with yet more stylized armour pieces that could be re-used... 2025/2026 perhaps...

What if “Orange” is Bionicle G3? Four sets seems odd since both prior iterations had base teams of six, but maybe LEGO is trying something new? We did get new ratchet joint and armour shell pieces in the new Ninjago mechs. 🤔

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

What if “Orange” is Bionicle G3? Four sets seems odd since both prior iterations had base teams of six, but maybe LEGO is trying something new? We did get new ratchet joint and armour shell pieces in the new Ninjago mechs. 🤔

I suppose launching with half a toa team and an enemy figure would work better than "hey here's the main 6 toa, 6 villagers, and your only enemy that's more than 6 parts is a static model of a spider. Shut up and enjoy the lack of lore and marketing.", but I doubt it's the plan. Every whisper about a return of the theme has said 2025, and I think if bionicle was returning this year, we'd know something by now.

20 hours ago, CowabungaCat said:

Bee being a Volkswagen was a legit issue ten/twenty years ago, I would call it an easy shot now. Transformers has had licensed VW figures for both of the last two movies and three new G1 renditions. One of those comes out this year/early next year and another was early 2022. This is a complete shift of VWs old policy of "under no circumstances will we ever associate ourselves with a war brand" so I really would not give that any weight. Plus its far harder to imagine a transforming live action Lego Bumblebee and I think general audiences understand Bumblebee is Bumblebee. And Lego has worked with them often enough too. And its Bumblebee.

The Optimus figure banked so heavily on the original toy, iirc the instruction essay says as much, I think there is a heavy consideration of an audience that maybe does not follow what Hasbro does now and if Megatron is a tank it is going to lack that same appeal, though it obviously will not be a pistol. And that is if they want to do a large modern tank which at best is a coin toss for Lego. Then Megatron, possibly any Decepticon, is a bigger risk. Optimus and Bumblebee do not need to do as much to sell themselves as Megatron, but Optimus still went all out in aspects a Megatron cannot so the bar is even higher.

The most likely Decepticon imo would be Soundwave, simple design, non-military, has a novel altmode, is perhaps more recognisable than Megatron and is one of the most iconic "original" designs. I wonder how long this line can go because there's no likely Megatron to make as a Lego Transformer.  Which brings me back to Bumblebee. Optimus, no Megatron and almost any other character might feel incomplete. Optimus and Bumblebee though, that works. Maybe a Grimlock after that (same lineup as Robosen another line of expensive Transformers licensed product that seems to have done Optimus first and more based on the success of that)

Hasbro does have a third option between Volkswagen Bee-tle and Bay Camero Bee. G1 inspired bees are usually either muscle cars now or just generic small civilian cars, like the Core Class I've got on my desk right now. I'm not saying Bee-tle is impossible, just that it might be more of a headache than lego wants to deal with.

Most G1 fans I know seem to be fine with whatever megatron turns into so long as he looks like G1 megatron in bot mode.

I do think soundwave is quite likely as well though, especially since it allows them to sell smaller casseticons/ have casseticon GWPs.

22 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am not sure that LEGO would do that either, though. 

LEGO has worked with VW before, so I can see them being able to wrangle the rights to make a classic Bumblebee. Also, even if they have to use a different type of car, Bee still turns into a car, not a weapon or military vehicle, which makes him more likely than Megatron IMO. 

I think so long as it's not a specific tank and it has a very clearly energon cannon (Trans-purple blast effects, maybe some other trans purple elements across it) and maybe some other altered details, it could work. After all, it's not fig-scaled, and if the optimus is anything to go off it'd be pretty hard to mistake for an actual tank. Though I suppose they could also try and make him a jet, like most of the cartoons do, or a heli like Animated, which had a bot mode pretty close to G1, just with heli blades on the back.

Luckily, we'll know which one it's more likely to be the moment the price leaks. Bumblebee would be significantly cheaper than prime- I'd guess $100-130- and Megatron would be either the same price or more expensive.

5 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Aw, man. You might be right, unfortunately.  The designs match, the set count matches, everything you've said fits. That said, I think transformers one would be an AWFUL idea for sets. Aside from 

Spoiler

not being able to transform, which honestly confuses me about the film so much- that's never been a part of lore before and them discovering it like some power is really weird, even compared to stuff like Prime where while the T-cog exists it was more of a "you can't transform without one" than a mystical item they found somewhere. "You can't preform normal functions without a liver" makes more sense than "we have found the sacred liver deep within the well of souls"

, most adults I know are pretty skeptical about transformers one, and I don't know how kids would feel about having essentially no enemies in the sets unless they market megs as a villain, which it seems like they won't.