BillytheKid

Show Your Army, Navy, and Collection Display

This is the topic for showing your collection on display and discussing the way you display it.

Baseplates, tiles, nothing and so forth.

In that case, I think the (sub)title of this topic should be something like "Show Your Display" so that people know what they are supposed to post here. :wink:

My display doesn't look all that good right now IMO, but maybe I'll post it later.

Ooh, that is sad KimT. Thanks for accepting my input in regards to the name of the topic by the way. :tongue: I haven't nearly enough baseplates to display all of my collection on them, though I do have most of my minifigures displayed on the ones I do have, and the actual vehicles/sets are just on tables (beats a closet) :tongue:

Edited by millacol88

In that case, I think the (sub)title of this topic should be something like "Show Your Display" so that people know what they are supposed to post here. :wink:

There. Are you happy now?

Oh and could you please resize your signature picture - just cut some 50% off. The sig is twice the size of your post.

Sadly this is how my collection is displayed:

SNIP

:laugh: Boy, that made my day! It looks like a Raxus Prime Diorama! :laugh:

Seriously, though, HOW COULD YOU STORE YOUR STAR WARS LEGO THAT WAY? :angry: That's almost disrespectful. :tongue:

Ooh, that is sad KimT. Thanks for accepting my input in regards to the name of the topic by the way. :tongue: I haven't nearly enough baseplates to display all of my collection on them, though I do have most of my minifigures displayed on the ones I do have, and the actual vehicles/sets are just on tables (beats a closet) :tongue:

Oooh.

My minifigs are carefully packed away in ziplocks to avoid yellowing and other harmful substances. (daughter, wife, guests and such).

Normally I leave a newly built set on display for a few weeks, before taking it apart, packing it in ziplocks and storing it in the attic. A near complete SW collection does take up more space than I've got in a 3-room appartment.

:laugh: Boy, that made my day! It looks like a Raxus Prime Diorama! :laugh:

Seriously, though, HOW COULD YOU STORE YOUR STAR WARS LEGO THAT WAY? :angry: That's almost disrespectful. :tongue:

I don't - that picture was taken a looong time ago. Just look at the sets there.

And can you spot the MF and guess the set number? :laugh:

There. Are you happy now?

Yes! :grin:

Oh and could you please resize your signature picture - just cut some 50% off. The sig is twice the size of your post.

Will do. :wink: Just give me a little time. I have to reinstal Photoshop on my computer. :hmpf_bad:

I don't - that picture was taken a looong time ago. Just look at the sets there.

Oh, I see. So, what does it look like today?

And can you spot the MF and guess the set number? :laugh:

Of course! :grin: It's good ol' 4504! I got it too! :sweet:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Bley=Light Bluish Gray -in production since 2003

Light Gray-in production 1954-2008, replaced by Light Bluish Grey

You´ll run out of Light Grey in a distant future .....

CopMike

I didn't know they still produced old colours? cWhere are they now and why aren't they in sets?

And as for the display, I just get big dark bley coloured shelves and make them face the viewer, how boring, without any stands, but theme-specific.

Nice one Kim :laugh:!

Here´s a couple of old pics of some of my stuff:

interview_eurobricks_001_small.jpginterview_eurobricks_004_small.jpg

It´s gotten way bigger since :cry_sad:!

CopMike

However, I do have an army of 17 yellow slave Leia clones! :grin: They had them in the Build-Your-Own-Minifig section of my Lego Store once, and I couldn't resist getting them all. :laugh: I'll post pics of them some day.

So, what do you think?

I got two of the the yellow slave Leias the same way, they're great for MOCing pirates. :tongue: You guys havesome impressive SW armies

3106608008_a82ea0d199_o.jpg

HOLY $100 MINIFIGURE BATMAN! Did you buy a st with that, or wind up with it randomly inserted into one of your sets?

This is the type of space I would gladly hope for CopMike :thumbup:

Here's mine taken recently, not really my ideal choice but what the hack :tongue:

Displays1.jpg

This is the picture I took of my Legion for the CABG '09 celebration:

cabgsp10.jpg

My V-wing got cut out of there, and several of my decaled figures were not displayed there as I didn't want to rip them up in the jumble that I knew the formation would become after the photoshoot. A few other figures were also cut out of the photo on the edges.

Edited by Clonecommando007

Here's mine taken recently, not really my ideal choice but what the hack :tongue:
Is that Galidor on the bottom shelf :devil:?

Nice rack though :sweet:!

CopMike

Wow this topic has grown. When I saw your picture KimT I though you were trying to make one of your hilariously moral(spelling) type jokes not that I can ever recalling you making one. Ah well never mind I think you should display your Lego nicer even though you only have a small appartment. Why don't you display it in the loft?

Wow, that looks pretty brutal... a StarWars LEGO scrapyard... Watto would love it. :tongue::thumbup:

Nice rack though :sweet:!

CopMike

Tee hee hee :tongue:

Had to get it out of my system. My collection is displayed in a bookcase similar to CopMike's, however, it goes from top to bottom and is next to my closet and near my bathroom. Occasionally I'll close all doors while I shower so some steam can reach the sets. Luckily the entire thing is in a corner of sorts, so no sunlight hits it. I do wish for glass doors though, that way the sets wouldn't even be dust exposed. :sadnew:

sw1.jpg

Nice display! :laugh: Anyway, you should follow CopMike''s system. His system of putting is an inspiration to us all, or me at least :grin:

*huh*

Is that a Kashyyyk that you've painted with a filt pen :sick:

A neat little army, it just kinda hurts me that you've decided to paint your figs.

- but hey, they're yours and you're free to do as you wish to them. I just never could do that. I know, I am a Puritan when it comes to handling my Star Wars collection - no alterations, only slight MODs allowed. :grin:

Here is my army, The 21st Airbourne Elite!

edit: picture snipped by moderator 2592x1944 pixels is way too big. 800x600 is preferred.

I have added a Republic Attack shuttle with appropriate minifigs and I plan to add Clone Battle Packs (Clone Wars).

Hey, It's a scout group, what did you expect? I know it's not that big.

Edited by KimT
Pics snipped, check the tutorials on how to resize. There's one in my signature.

*huh*

Is that a Kashyyyk that you've painted with a filt pen :sick:

A neat little army, it just kinda hurts me that you've decided to paint your figs.

- but hey, they're yours and you're free to do as you wish to them. I just never could do that. I know, I am a Puritan when it comes to handling my Star Wars collection - no alterations, only slight MODs allowed. :grin:

i still can take it off+ i don't "sharpie" more figs :wink:

OK well i don't really have 'army's' for the sake of it. I have them in scenes. So here's some pics 'in action'

Kashyyyk: (in the first pic you can see a unfinished moc - still working on that once i get more parts to do so...)

army1.jpg

army2.jpg

army3.jpg

Endor: (sorry that one's a bit dark)

army4.jpg

Hoth:

army5.jpg

Naboo and Geonosis:

army6.jpg

As this is an ARMY thread not a FIGS thread, i won't post pics of individuals ect But there are plenty more figs that just aren't currently in scenes just in my spare figs box... So this is just a taste of the lot :tongue: