Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Realistically it's not. Nothing more to be done for The Batman.

Also, we did get a big version of his Batmobile. 

the big version of his batmobile was technic though right? so we still need a LEGO brick built one to go with the UCS Tumblr and 90s one right?

Also no one has seen the movie yet so there could be lots of potential for more sets in the future I wouldn't say there's nothing more to be done at all!.

Edited by Undi3sss

57 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Just got sets for The Batman (Batmobile and Batcave), can't wait to build them :moar:

Nice! I still didn't find any in stores, yet. 

5 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Nice! I still didn't find any in stores, yet. 

I ordered mine a few days ago, came today. 

Time to build the Batmobile.

1 hour ago, Undi3sss said:

the big version of his batmobile was technic though right? so we still need a LEGO brick built one to go with the UCS Tumblr and 90s one right?

Also no one has seen the movie yet so there could be lots of potential for more sets in the future I wouldn't say there's nothing more to be done at all!.

Nah, there's no potential. Every important character has already been done; same for vehicles and locations.

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I ordered mine a few days ago, came today. 

Time to build the Batmobile.

Nah, there's no potential. Every important character has already been done; same for vehicles and locations.

Keep in mind The Batman has two more sequels in development, so those will also get sets. Though, it would be cool if we got more buildings from the film. 

28 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Keep in mind The Batman has two more sequels in development, so those will also get sets. Though, it would be cool if we got more buildings from the film. 

Obviously I meant just this movie.

I hope they make more effort on the Batman minifigure next time.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Obviously I meant just this movie.

I hope they make more effort on the Batman minifigure next time.

Eh, I like the cowl piece. I would rather have this than a skin tone printed on a black head, because Lego clearly can't print those well (ex. Mercy and Koko face prints). 

Finished building the Batmobile, amazing set.

The build itself is rather fantastic. LEGO really has been nailing Batmobiles recently with The Tumbler, and now this. They use a lot of unique techniques, like the wands for example. The engine itself is especially really cool

It's not flawless tho. The mask is pretty weird with how the black pieces on the front are too exposed compared to the lights below. Same for the cheese slope pieces on the sides, flat ones would've been better.

Penguin is fantastic. Batman looks better in person, but he really needs dual-moulding. New mask piece, arm printing, new face print or gun-metal instead of dark grey would also improve it. I love how they included Bruce Wayne's face in all the sets 

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Finished building the Batmobile, amazing set.

The build itself is rather fantastic. LEGO really has been nailing Batmobiles recently with The Tumbler, and now this. They use a lot of unique techniques, like the wands for example. The engine itself is especially really cool

It's not flawless tho. The mask is pretty weird with how the black pieces on the front are too exposed compared to the lights below. Same for the cheese slope pieces on the sides, flat ones would've been better.

Penguin is fantastic. Batman looks better in person, but he really needs dual-moulding. New mask piece, arm printing, new face print or gun-metal instead of dark grey would also improve it. I love how they included Bruce Wayne's face in all the sets 

I agree with all of this. I had to make some changes to the Batmobile because some of it just didn’t look right but it’s still a great little set.

I think including the Black Widow printed arms and using the newer cowl with the small horns and the printed black head is a significant improvement for the minifigure.

My desire for the new DC set is to get a new Batman minifigure. We know Batman’s obviously going to be in it so I’m hoping they don’t go with the usual Rebirth suit. I hope the oval makes a return with the gray suit, like it did in the comics: https://images.app.goo.gl/jWECPrApJrrH3wXKA

I’d love it if they used the Lee Bermejo suit or the White Knight suit but I realize that probably unlikely.

It’d also be cool if we got a new cowl piece. How long has Lego been using the most recent one with the short horns? Since the BvS sets or earlier?

10 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

I agree with all of this. I had to make some changes to the Batmobile because some of it just didn’t look right but it’s still a great little set.

I think including the Black Widow printed arms and using the newer cowl with the small horns and the printed black head is a significant improvement for the minifigure.

My desire for the new DC set is to get a new Batman minifigure. We know Batman’s obviously going to be in it so I’m hoping they don’t go with the usual Rebirth suit. I hope the oval makes a return with the gray suit, like it did in the comics: https://images.app.goo.gl/jWECPrApJrrH3wXKA

I’d love it if they used the Lee Bermejo suit or the White Knight suit but I realize that probably unlikely.

It’d also be cool if we got a new cowl piece. How long has Lego been using the most recent one with the short horns? Since the BvS sets or earlier?

BvS introduced that cowl piece. I want them to reuse the CMF one. 

33 minutes ago, Mr No said:

BvS introduced that cowl piece. I want them to reuse the CMF one. 

I was doing some research on Brickset/Bricklink and it looks like it was actually introduced in 2015 with that amazing wave that included the Justice League sets. 

I personally think the CMF cowl is too Golden Age Batman and doesn’t really reflect present-day Batman. It’s a rad mold, though. It would be a great piece for an X-Force Wolverine.

Edited by Moon_Knight

4 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Same here! He needs a new suit!

The link you have makes for a good minifguare.  

My gut however tells me we may see more of the figure from the accessory pack released last Jan.  I feel that was missing a whole wave and never got released due to no Batman content at the box office.  

So for March we have the $100 set and the art set getting released! I wonder if they give us a smaller set! 

And still no news on who will get the $500 set! 

I want hush suit again, but smaller underwear and belt. That turned me off from buying the fig from the accessory pack

And i rather not get more batman but if i have to

Edited by thephantasm

9 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Same here! He needs a new suit!

The link you have makes for a good minifguare.  

My gut however tells me we may see more of the figure from the accessory pack released last Jan.  I feel that was missing a whole wave and never got released due to no Batman content at the box office.

Yeah, you’re probably right. I could see the Hush Batman getting a set. It’d be really cool if they included Hush in it as well. I mean, we’ve seen more obscure Batman villains in sets so it’s not impossible.

4 hours ago, thephantasm said:

I want hush suit again, but smaller underwear and belt. That turned me off from buying the fig from the accessory pack

And i rather not get more batman but if i have to

If that’s your hang up I wouldn’t count on it.

I'm more Marvel heavy in terms of my collecting, but the $100.00 set being DC has me hopeful. I love DC and their character Roster, just too few interesting sets in the past few years. I'd really be happy with just about any set that contained at least 3 unique chacters other than Batman or a Bat family character. It could be completely new (I mean I'm hopeful) or new hashes of characters we haven't seen in awhile. John Constantine, Doctor Fate, and Zatanna would be my personal top three wants, I'd be pretty stoked if we got just one of these.

Looking back, the fig really looks more like Jorge jimminez's/ james tynion's batman than hush batman. They're very similar but Jimminez draws huges undies. And it was the ongoing batman comic run when the set was made

Batcave is also a fantastic set.

Minifigures are really good. Batman is... well, you know. Selina is great, although they should've included the cat mask. Bruce Wayne looks awesome, and so does Alfred (love that cane). Gordon is my favourite minifigure from the whole wave, simply incredible. Riddler looks great, although the hair was definitely a weird choice.

The build is awesome. Probably my favourite LEGO Batcave. It would be nice if it had more details tho, because parts of it feel too empty. A rat or a box here and there would fill the space. The motorcycle also has to be my favourite buildable LEGO motorcycle, outstanding.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

I have the fear that this $100, if DC, will either be another Batman vehicle I don’t care to buy or an art set or something of the like no one asked for. Wild love a House of Mystery or Mount Justice but I don’t think LEGO would show us that much love after years of mediocrity and last years painfully horrible wave(s if you can even pluralize whatever the heck they gave us)

Edited by CoolDudeRadman

I don’t really care what the €100/$ set is as long as it’s minifigure scale and comes with at least one new character. :P I think it’s definitely a possibility if there’s really only one regular DC set this year they could make it not Batman related or at the very least just have him as a side character. Again I’d take a Batman set if it meant us getting characters like Cassandra Cain, Batwing, Hush, Mad Hatter, Punchline etc. :wub: It’s not like they’ve done all the Gotham locations either! I still think we should get a goofy set for the Bat hot air balloon and a semi serious one for the Battrain too. :P 

5 hours ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

[…] an art set […]

It 100% isn‘t :wink: First off, Art sets have their own range of set numbers, and secondly, there‘s already a Batman-themed one rumoured for 2022 (namely 31205)

5 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

I don’t really care what the €100/$ set is as long as it’s minifigure scale and comes with at least one new character. :P I think it’s definitely a possibility if there’s really only one regular DC set this year they could make it not Batman related or at the very least just have him as a side character. Again I’d take a Batman set if it meant us getting characters like Cassandra Cain, Batwing, Hush, Mad Hatter, Punchline etc. :wub: It’s not like they’ve done all the Gotham locations either! I still think we should get a goofy set for the Bat hot air balloon and a semi serious one for the Battrain too. :P 

120€.

I'm watching the new season of Young Justice and now I'm really hoping it's a Batman/Doctor Fate team up against Klarion. :wub_drool:

For £100 there’s the potential for a set the size of the Burrow and six minifigures. I know the Burrow was less but as a recent comparison it’s fairly close. There’s a lot of magical characters that could go in a set this size, and given how these sets tend to go I think it’s only fair that we get the JLD rescuing Batman from the ILD. Batman at this stage should just be a free, bonus figure not included in the price of the set so no budget is wasted on dragging another one out of the Overproduced Minifigure Bin. At a push I’m good with a Bat monster truck as a side build.

13 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

I'm watching the new season of Young Justice and now I'm really hoping it's a Batman/Doctor Fate team up against Klarion. :wub_drool:

Wouldn't Doctor Fate also be (more) plausible for any Black Adam sets? Just wondering.
Also, is that the fourth season of YJ, I take it?

Regards,
Mitch