Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

23 minutes ago, brick_wichery said:

Hi! Do we know if there is going to be any Harry Potter GWP this year?

Noting official yet.  I would expect the Build Your Own Hogwarts Castle polybag will be offered as an in store promo as the previous polybags have been.  But these polybags do show up for sale elsewhere at least here in the US.  I think past GWP's have usually been offered around when the big ticket D2C set gets released in the fall.

16 hours ago, brick_wichery said:

Hi! Do we know if there is going to be any Harry Potter GWP this year?

Pretty strong chance we will get one with the D2C as set number 40477 is still blank for Harry Potter :classic:

44 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Pretty strong chance we will get one with the D2C as set number 40477 is still blank for Harry Potter :classic:

The previous GWP sets were not released alongside the D2C ones though :tongue:

41 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Wasn't the microscale GWP of Diagon Alley released with the microscale Hogwarts?

Well i just finished building The Ministry of Magic set and even though it looks nice and minifigs are great this is the most "facade only" building from LEGO i have ever put together. There is basically no place to put the figs besides the chairs and even some of those can't be utilized properly because how cramped the space is. Pretty disappointing to be honest.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Very true, it'll show up somewhere in 2HY :laugh_hard:

Did we ever find out what the accessory pack was? I thought it would release in June with the rest of the wave. I don't think it had been officially confirmed, so there may not be one.?

I'm hoping the polybag shows up in stores and it should due to the fact you need 8 to build the castle, but it could initially start out as GWP.

The AC appears to be a 'Years 1-7' microscale theme. We could (in theory) get 7 microscale builds (2 days per build) , 7 minifigures and a few accessories. The Dark Lord could be included! Looking forward to the proper reveal :classic:

3 hours ago, ???theriddler??? said:

Wasn't the microscale GWP of Diagon Alley released with the microscale Hogwarts?

Nope. The D2C Hogwarts was released in August while the GWP was offered in November :classic:

1 hour ago, Slytherin Alumni said:

Did we ever find out what the accessory pack was? I thought it would release in June with the rest of the wave. I don't think it had been officially confirmed, so there may not be one.?

A suitable set number does exist, but we have no idea what it is or when it sees release :shrug_oh_well:

There is no accessory pack for this year sadly.

The set number everyone thought would be the pack ended up being the Brickheadz as the set name suggested it would be a minifig pack but turned out to be Brickheads instead.

19 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

The set number everyone thought would be the pack ended up being the Brickheadz as the set name suggested it would be a minifig pack but turned out to be Brickheads instead.

Ah, that's too bad. I'm eager to see which set the Dark Lord minifigure is in: should be the AC or D2C at this point. 

What reveals are you guys hoping for at Lego-Con? My top 3 are...

1) Hogwarts Express D2C (I will take the HP AC as well)

2) Stranger Things set (if nothing is revealed by then, it's not happening this year)

3) Castle Anniversary set (I think this is the mostly likely of the 3)

2 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

I was under the impression that there were two set numbers in the accessory pack/brickheadz/gwp number range. 40560 AND 40577. 

40560 has been confirmed as brickheadz, but 40577 is still unaccounted for, and the fact that it’s non sequential with the brickheadz suggests it’s something different. 

Hmm not sure what to think of this. Only platform 9 3/4 and one wagon, though 5100 pcs probably means it’s going to be massive.

1 minute ago, Jazzahh said:

Hmm not sure what to think of this. Only platform 9 3/4 and one wagon, though 5100 pcs probably means it’s going to be massive.

Well if i read it correctly the platform itself sits on a base 8 studs high (to allow boarding the train). That's going to take some pieces. Plus the train that needs platform that high won't be small either.

For me it sounds kinda meh. Perhaps that's because of the repeat minifigures (mostly) or the fact that there are already very strong Hogwarts Express MOCs, but I don't like the fact that it only comes with 1 carriage. But maybe the official pictures will blow me away. 

6 minutes ago, sahidko said:

Well if i read it correctly the platform itself sits on a base 8 studs high (to allow boarding the train). That's going to take some pieces. Plus the train that needs platform that high won't be small either.

No I definitely agree, and it also allows them some cool design ideas. Perhaps I’ll get more interested when we see the actual design and set.

My opinion on this set is pretty lukewarm. I love all the figures but they do seem a little random. I wish the build was going to be bigger for the price. And I see no excuse for not including the Weasley Juniors. All that being said, it will be difficult to pass it up being such an avid Lego HP collector. Im sure it will look pretty good, and I’ll definitely need all the figures. But $500. Yikes. 

Wow, I really love how that sounds. Doing different compartment for each movie is a fantastic idea.

Great to hear Harry's family form the epilogue is included, although it would've been even better to get Ron and Hermione's family too...

Epilogue is very blah for me, I hope the trolley witch is the one from GoF. 

Anyway, will have to wait and see photos I guess! 

Wow, this is a huge disappointment. Reading the description it feels like they had a lot of different things they wanted this set to be. But rather than picking one of them and doing it well, they picked all of them and were only able to give us a taste of each.

Like first of all we didn't get a motorised Hogwarts Express by the sounds of it, which is already disappointing considering how great the city trains are this year. Instead we get more of a ucs train, totally different scale than anything Harry Potter we've gotten before I imagine. Which would be fine, a cool display piece, but it only has 1 passenger car because they also wanted to include interior scenes of the movies and an entire station. They should've just focused on the train if they went this big, now it sounds incomplete.

Then the minifigure selection. That's just all over the place. They wanted something from many different movies. They basically give us all the figures from the previous Hogwarts Express again. Then year 1 trio, again. A few random students, yeah this is really the set you want to get your army builder characters from. CMF Luna, another Harry. Draco in his hbp outfit is nice, I must admit, but I would've preferred him in a regular set. The conductor is a welcome addition as well. But then there's only half of the epilogue cast. They could've gone either way and I would've been happy. A train just full of students plus a conductor or 2 and the trolley witch. Just to populate the train. It could've represented any setting, great for display. Lupin, Dementors or Hagrid would've been a nice extra but not even necessary. But instead we get 4 different Harry's. 2 Ron's, 2 Hermione's, not even the ones we wanted I might add. That's really not fun to display. A set completely centered around the epilogue would've been great as well. We could've basically gotten the entire cursed child cast. Especially Albus and Scorpius would've sold this set to me. But we have only gotten the Potters. Why? It will take ages for another opportunity to get those characters again, if ever.

(TLTR) So long story short, the set feels incomplete, rather than going all in on 1 idea, they half-baked a ton of them. Not a motorised system scale train with a full track and stations to pass by, nor a full, big UCS like Train, but only half of one so they can add an interior and a station. Not a full cast of students to populate the display, nor a full cast of epilogue characters but just about half of each. Mostly consisting of Harry's and repeats or remakes of figures we've already gotten the past few years.

There's a lot of cool stuff in this set and I'm sure it looks great either way, but it would've been so much better if the set was more focused on one specific thing rather than so many. I'm really not sure if I'll buy this one.

Random thoughts on the minifigure selection:

Year 1 trio: The first meeting is a iconic enough scene that I am glad it can be properly recreated now.

Year 3 trio: Considering the POA themed 2018 Hogwarts Express set reused COS figures for Harry and Ron, and gave Hermione an accurate torso (which I expect will be used again here) but the Year 1-2 head and hair and short legs, an accurate version of the trio from this scene would be very appreciated.

Lupin: Probably won't be anything too noteworthy.

Dementor: There's basically no way this isn't a repeat of the same Dementor we've been getting since 2018.

Year 6 Harry: Hopefully they don't reuse the same torso used for him in the Umbridge's Encounter and the Attack on the Burrow sets.

Suited Draco: Long overdue after not being used in the Astronomy Tower set.

Luna: Will probably be very similar to the CMF version, but with regular legs instead of medium legs.  Maybe she could also get a printed skirt like the 2010 version.

Trolley Witch: Hopefully the GOF version, as we haven't gotten that variant yet.

Hogwarts Express Conductor: I'm very glad that my predictions of the conductor being included turned out to be accurate, considering an established design to use already exists.

Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw students: Good additions to this sort of set, and I'm glad there's currently no indication of these students being Cedric and Cho again.

Epilogue Potter Family: By far what I'm most hyped for from this minifigure selection.  I am rather disappointed that there won't be an epilogue Ron, Hermione, Rose and Hugo to accompany them though. (To a lesser extent, epilogue Draco, Astoria, and Scorpius are also missed)  I'm not sure where another opportunity to get the missing epilogue characters would turn up at this point.

Edited by spiderfan2000

8 hours ago, Jazzahh said:

I agree, it most likely will look great, but I can not wrap my head around where they use over 5000 parts with only one wagon..

6 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Then the minifigure selection. That's just all over the place. They wanted something from many different movies. They basically give us all the figures from the previous Hogwarts Express again. Then year 1 trio, again. A few random students, yeah this is really the set you want to get your army builder characters from. CMF Luna, another Harry. Draco in his hbp outfit is nice, I must admit, but I would've preferred him in a regular set. The conductor is a welcome addition as well. But then there's only half of the epilogue cast. They could've gone either way and I would've been happy. A train just full of students plus a conductor or 2 and the trolley witch. Just to populate the train. It could've represented any setting, great for display. Lupin, Dementors or Hagrid would've been a nice extra but not even necessary. But instead we get 4 different Harry's. 2 Ron's, 2 Hermione's, not even the ones we wanted I might add. That's really not fun to display. A set completely centered around the epilogue would've been great as well. We could've basically gotten the entire cursed child cast. Especially Albus and Scorpius would've sold this set to me. But we have only gotten the Potters. Why? It will take ages for another opportunity to get those characters again, if ever.

Really surprised they did not include the King's Cross Station guard and since 8 of the 20 figs are of the trio, I think 4 figs from the epilogue should be included (+ the guard).

Almost 500$ + bricks for the rest of the cars and motor (was sure that was included for the price) to make in complete do not sound like the best deal ever, but will wait for the picks to see what it looks like :def_shrug:

Is there a coal car included at least?

Sounds like a decent set! :thumbup: No idea why they didn‘t include epilogue Ron & Hermione though. Their kids being omitted doesn‘t bother me, but them being missing is annoying. This was the only chance we‘d ever get :tongue:

I'm very disappointed in the news for the D2C Hogwarts Express. It's a non-motorized Displayable-focused set with multiple quote pieces. There is only one passenger car and that car is double the length of ones from other sets - combining them will simply not look good. Minifigure selection is meh and I can't understand why you wouldn't include the entire trio and the rest of the Epilogue family. For the same price as this one, you can get 3-4 of the 2018 versions and get a long train, motorized, and can build a sweet Hogsmeade or King's Cross Platform. Hoping it looks better than this description. Between the price hike and this, I'll definitely pass on it unless the pictures do it justice, or if this description is not accurate.