TrainDragon

How to split a reindeer?

This reindeer, the molded one included in the Elf Club House and Santa's Sleigh.  It looks like two molded ABS pieces with a soft piece for the antlers.

Has anyone managed to separate it back into two halves?

I found this guide on how to split a horse in half.  But since I only have one reindeer at the moment, I'm scared that I'll break it attempting what they've done with the horses.

I mean I always thought half a buck was 50 cents, but then again I'm in the States.

🤣

Alright alright I'm going!

34 minutes ago, stebai said:

Hmm - Why would you want to?

Probably to take the antlers out and hang them on some wall?

4 hours ago, JopieK said:

Probably to take the antlers out and hang them on some wall?

Hah :pir_laugh2:

Actually, I think there's probably enough room to hide a battery and LED inside his chest.  So I could turn him into a Rudolph.

This sounds horrific. Have to say, it’s always confused me that they didn’t just make the antlers a separate piece to attach though … 

2 hours ago, williejm said:

This sounds horrific. Have to say, it’s always confused me that they didn’t just make the antlers a separate piece to attach though … 

Agreed…. It sounds disturbing for me to imagine the way TrainDragon described. *shudders* 

Anyways, I have no answers to TrainDragon’s “how-to” quesiton. 

On 12/12/2021 at 8:27 AM, TrainDragon said:

Hah :pir_laugh2:

Actually, I think there's probably enough room to hide a battery and LED inside his chest.  So I could turn him into a Rudolph.

Well they only cost $6USD, go operate on one and get back to us. :pir_tong2:

That's the plan.  I just ordered the Trans-Light Blue version to dissect.  It's a little bit cheaper on Bricklink, plus I'm hoping that being able to see a little bit through the body might help in understanding how to take it apart without damaging the pieces...

If it works, maybe I could even manage an antler transplant.  Brown reindeer with blue antlers?!

A bandsaw with a thinner finer blade.   Make a jig to hold the reindeer perfectly straight and use a fence on the bandsaw to guide the jig.  A scroll saw. might work too.

21 hours ago, TrainDragon said:

That's the plan.  I just ordered the Trans-Light Blue version to dissect.  It's a little bit cheaper on Bricklink, plus I'm hoping that being able to see a little bit through the body might help in understanding how to take it apart without damaging the pieces...

If it works, maybe I could even manage an antler transplant.  Brown reindeer with blue antlers?!

You could always try to find a knock off reindeer. The knock off animals come split in half and you need to place them together.