3 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

So it's Light Azure. Very cool, gonna pick this up. :thumbup:

You mean Medium Azure. Yes it is.

I think I figured out the whole set now. At least the part count adds up to 143.
42133_telescopic_loader.io
42133_telescopic_loader.xml

The 3 main functions work like this. Pretty awesome for 10€.

42133_telescopic_loader_2.png

Edited by R0Sch

5 hours ago, R0Sch said:

The 3 main functions work like this.

That steering cannot work. Use this part at the end of the axle instead https://img.bricklink.com/P/11/33299.jpg[\img] It has to point forward, when the wheels are straight, and connect the pins with a 6L beam diagonally. (The set probably uses a 6L long section of a black 7L beam)

My version contains 141 bricks

Edited by kodlovag

15 hours ago, kodlovag said:

That steering cannot work. Use this part at the end of the axle instead https://img.bricklink.com/P/11/33299.jpg[\img] It has to point forward, when the wheels are straight, and connect the pins with a 6L beam diagonally. (The set probably uses a 6L long section of a black 7L beam)

My version contains 141 bricks

After looking more closely at the B-model and seeing 4x white 2L beams, plus the black 7L beam position on the official images, I think the steering works like this:

42133_2.jpg

Edited by R0Sch

20 hours ago, R0Sch said:

After looking more closely at the B-model and seeing 4x white 2L beams, plus the black 7L beam position on the official images, I think the steering works like this:

Probably you are right with the 2L beams

2 hours ago, kodlovag said:

Probably you are right with the 2L beams

The 3D animation on the LEGO site confirms it. I updated the model and xml. I'm short of only one part.

17 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

@Maaboo35 Man I really don’t like that guy’s Soyjak thumbnails

It’s what gets clicks with the younger audience. I’ve never been a fan either. 

16 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

@Maaboo35 Man I really don’t like that guy’s Soyjak thumbnails

I agree, his videos are characterized with that off face gestures; he doesn't have even time to make his hair, like he just wake up...:wacko:

But I think @Maaboo35 didn't have intentions to disgust us Lego sets, but to show us how they are constructed...

2 minutes ago, LvdH said:

It’s what gets clicks with the younger audience. I’ve never been a fan either. 

Not sure, I work with younger generation (ok they are students, but almost 30 years younger than me) and they would say he behaves more like prancer than someone who is cool.

23 minutes ago, 1gor said:

and they would say he behaves more like prancer than someone who is cool.

I guess “younger” is relative :laugh: 

When I said younger I meant like <15 years old. 

8 hours ago, LvdH said:

I guess “younger” is relative :laugh: 

When I said younger I meant like <15 years old. 

I see; it is more and more obvious that I'm too old. :laugh:

Regardless of the style of presentation in the video, the 42133 is a rock-solid model. The chosen colour is not everybodys favorite but I dig it. The function of tipping the forks is nice, but in my opinion a little bit unnecessary for this scale and kind of strange here: There is no lever or gear to change the angle but only the joints itself...?

In contrast to the 8045, this is a big step forward, as the steering is always a major plus for playability. It's a must-buy for me :-)

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

In contrast to the 8045, this is a big step forward, as the steering is always a major plus for playability. It's a must-buy for me :-)

It is an evolution, no doubt.

As I just received my 42133 yesterday, and just changed the tilt mechanic the way I think suits and looks better with fewer parts:

DSC-0535.jpg

DSC-0533.jpg

I just post it here, because there is no need for a new topic I think :D

Edited by Jundis

When racingbrick does it he does it better.

At the end of the video he talked something about age rating of Lego which is thought provoking. And yes, during the operations (of the main model) it seems a bit wobbly, but that's a minor meh from me. Lego seems to almost have pushed the boundaries with their little technic sets this year (I meant officially).

Built the B-model this morning. It probably would've been better if the dog bone beam was used in the chassis - it feels a bit flimsy with the cab attached by a single connector. No worm gear mechanism is also a bit of a letdown, but other than that it's okay.

On 2/22/2022 at 10:03 AM, Maaboo35 said:

It is an evolution, no doubt.

It is, build the 8045 this week (in my quest to build models I like that I have missed during my dark ages).

800x600.JPG

And build the 42133, in white (I don't have the Medium Azure) without some color coding and a small modification for tilting the forks inspired on @Jundis mod.

800x600.JPG

And builded a version with the "Manitou" color scheme because I like the real machines for some reason.

800x600.JPG

42133 is a really nice set because of all these functions packed into such a small model and I think it's even better with other color schemes.