Lion King

LEGO 40530 - Jane Goodall - Rumors & Discussions

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Where were you? Lost in the jungle with full of chimps? 

In the arctic perhaps? That would explain it.

10 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Where were you? Lost in the jungle with full of chimps

What mental illness do you have? Depression or Delusional disorder?

5 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

What mental illness do you have? Depression or Delusional disorder?

This is an extremely rude response to a lighthearted comment.

This is such a great little set - love that it’s packed full of foliage parts, as well as the chimps. Also always good to see more older representation in fleshie figures. Lastly I think it s a nice touch that the Jane minifigure uses the same part for hair as the CMF series 5 zookeeper- not least because I’m sure many of us thought of that figure as a younger Jane Goodall anyway! 🐵🐵🐵

I got this as the GWP with the 2020 AT-AT, and I have to say it works very well to give a sense of place for the Imperial walker to operate on a swampy jungle planet instead of a snowy ice planet.  Jane and the chimpanzees aren't acting scared of the walker, they know the Empire has their back and they're not the rebel scum it's after.

1 hour ago, icm said:

I got this as the GWP with the 2020 AT-AT, and I have to say it works very well to give a sense of place for the Imperial walker to operate on a swampy jungle planet instead of a snowy ice planet.  Jane and the chimpanzees aren't acting scared of the walker, they know the Empire has their back and they're not the rebel scum it's after.

You have an interesting story about Jane being in Star Wars universe. :)

I found it interesting that it lasted all the way to the end of the promotional period (at least on the website in the US). It's a lower GWP threshold compared to some others recently, which sold out more quickly. Did they produce more than others in anticipation of demand, or the $120 threshold is just high enough compared to $100 last year to dramatically reduce the number of orders that qualify for one.

23 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I found it interesting that it lasted all the way to the end of the promotional period (at least on the website in the US). It's a lower GWP threshold compared to some others recently, which sold out more quickly. Did they produce more than others in anticipation of demand, or the $120 threshold is just high enough compared to $100 last year to dramatically reduce the number of orders that qualify for one.

Earhart also lasted to the end and then was on VIP to get rid of the extras. I think it would look really bad if LEGO ran out of the Women's Month set.

Interesting my second one just shipped today and it says it's a $23 value. I was thinking it was a $20 value tops.

9 hours ago, Maple said:

Earhart also lasted to the end and then was on VIP to get rid of the extras. I think it would look really bad if LEGO ran out of the Women's Month set.

Interesting my second one just shipped today and it says it's a $23 value. I was thinking it was a $20 value tops.

Yeah I would also assume they deliberately made sure to have lots of them so they didn’t run out. When I got mine in store it rung up as £19.99 value on the till (before obviously being discounted) 

I have to say, this is one of the best GWP!  Originally I was just into the new apes but this is a really great little set!  I wish it was more widely available down here in NZ.  It was delayed and only the certified store got it with $170 spend.  Hope it turns up online soon, so wanted another one!

Haven’t built it yet (I honestly don’t even know where to put it), but I finally got my copy when I ordered the Disney Castle for Double VIP. I have to say that I love these Women’s Month sets they seem to be doing annually now. The Amelia Earhart set from last year is an awesome display piece and this set is also pretty cool with lots of nice pieces. They’re also just really good values for a GWP. Sometimes with GWPs, you might end up with some random polybag that you could just buy at Walmart, while these sets could be sold on their own as is.

I built mine yesterday. Such a great little set. Haven't seen so much foilage on Lego trees yet. Love it!