Yoo! that weapon pack looks sick. I'd love it if Ninjago brought back the Skullkin. They've been absent since the pilot and Season 1 save for Nuckal and Kruncha 

Hopefully it's for Ninjago. If we need to repeat a villain concept, I'd prefer skeletons over snakes since they're a little more useful for generic fantasy stuff and because we haven't gotten nearly as many waves of them.

Very prehistoric vibe. And definitely Ninjago - it has exactly the same parts as typical Ninjago sets: 2x each of a sword, a scythe, a pair of shurikans, and the samurai x head dress. Only change is two sais standing in for nunchucks.

I think it's for Ninjago, but even if it's not, I still hope we will get a different villain faction in the next Core wave.

I surprisingly really like this subtheme, and I can't wait for the next wave. But if they'll keep giving us orange snakes and the same suits every year, I'm out.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Assuming the antagonists of this next core wave are skeletons, I’m wondering if it’ll be a new faction or a repeat of the Legacy-style ones. I’d personally hope for a new faction, although I wonder how they would be visually unique from what we’ve already had. 

On 10/23/2022 at 2:24 PM, Killian said:

Maybe Nya will break up with Jay?

She'll be his Samurai Ex    :iamded_lol::laugh_hard::roflmao:

I'll get my coat.... :shrug_oh_well:

:head_back: :rofl::thumbup: 

I hope that in the new wave the ninja are actually the ones with the Stone Age gear. And then Nya can have a Samurai Rex! :grin: (Yes, I know that's wildly inaccurate on the prehistorical timeline) :tongue: 

Edited by Exetrius

On 10/30/2022 at 8:15 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But if they'll keep giving us orange snakes and the same suits every year, I'm out.

Yeah, that was weird. For a theme with so many different characters for each faction of antagonists, that wave really stood out in a negative way with so little variation between the snakes (and snake villains being overdone in general) :sceptic:

Excited for that weapon pack though! I‘m not much of a Ninjago collector (only buying a set here and there), but these assorted weapons are always interesting

So not 2022 related but I recently got the Zayne’s Mino Creature set and I can’t help but think that everything about the set from the Earthy aesthetic to the Dungeon background lend this Rhino to being Cole’s more than Zane’s? I don’t keep up too much with the lore and I guess I don’t keep up with the show either, but does anyone else feel like, at least on a surface level, Cole’s element of Earth makes the Dungeon Rhino make more sense as his build as opposed to Zane? Isn’t Zane the Ice Ninja? And Cole the Earth Ninja? It just feels like the wrong character was assigned this animal. Lol

On 11/7/2022 at 11:04 PM, cosmic said:

So not 2022 related but I recently got the Zayne’s Mino Creature set and I can’t help but think that everything about the set from the Earthy aesthetic to the Dungeon background lend this Rhino to being Cole’s more than Zane’s? I don’t keep up too much with the lore and I guess I don’t keep up with the show either, but does anyone else feel like, at least on a surface level, Cole’s element of Earth makes the Dungeon Rhino make more sense as his build as opposed to Zane? Isn’t Zane the Ice Ninja? And Cole the Earth Ninja? It just feels like the wrong character was assigned this animal. Lol

I always found that strange too. If I remember right the speculation at the time was that it might have originally been intended for Cole, but then given to Zane instead since Cole already had the mech with Kai.

Part of zanes ice creature has leaked. It’s a 6 legged beast, zane and pixal are included, and a small shrine. Some people have said it looks bad but I think it look pretty amazing, and it’s best feature: apparently it’s a 2 in one, with what looks like mech feet also shown on the bottom. My guess is that it’s not like the mech jet from prime empire but rather the sections of the dragon/creature can be taken off and re arranged to form a mech. Pretty cool. 

Promobricks have published a load of new info, this sounds like an incred Core wave. Motorbike riding mechs, Titan mechs, dragon hunter like villains with skeleton horses and guns, a core water dragon for Nya and a massive new car for Kai. I cannot wait at all to see the sets and considering they have already been sent to shops, I can’t wait.

Zane's set looks interesting but I need to see more of it. I like that we're getting a new Pixal, but I think the Zane might be the same one from this year (not sure though because I haven't looked at that one in a while).

A strange leak indeed, but I agree that the set looks pretty cool. I was brainstorming a mech-dragon transformer, and it seems someone else on the ninjago team had the same idea, although it's weird the set is called 'dragon creature' and has 6 legs, but maybe they're important for the transformation. I'm alo happy to see the same core suits, it means I have another chance to get all 6.

57 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

a massive new car for Kai.

*massive for 94 pieces. We'll See what promobricks' definition of massive is when the set is revealed

I'm pretty sure this leak comes from a LAN member who accidentally filmed and uploaded an unboxing he shouldn't have, so I'm not sure if it really means a reveal is soon. How early does lego sense out review copies before the sets themselves are revealed? Ninjago sets have always been revealed later than others, so I'm not expecting much this week for this theme, but who knows!

The UK Ninjago magazine at the end of this month will have a Vengestone Guard minifigure included. I'll probably buy 4 issues to add to my army.

The leak of the bottom half of Zane's Ice Creature reminds me of this year's Crystal King set. Excited to see what the full thing looks like. Regretting buying Core P.I.X.A.L off Bricklink now that she's coming in this new set, since I'll likely be picking it up. I wonder if the new Core villains will have a side build vehicle in the set?

1 hour ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

A strange leak indeed, but I agree that the set looks pretty cool. I was brainstorming a mech-dragon transformer, and it seems someone else on the ninjago team had the same idea, although it's weird the set is called 'dragon creature' and has 6 legs, but maybe they're important for the transformation. I'm alo happy to see the same core suits, it means I have another chance to get all 6.

*massive for 94 pieces. We'll See what promobricks' definition of massive is when the set is revealed

I'm pretty sure this leak comes from a LAN member who accidentally filmed and uploaded an unboxing he shouldn't have, so I'm not sure if it really means a reveal is soon. How early does lego sense out review copies before the sets themselves are revealed? Ninjago sets have always been revealed later than others, so I'm not expecting much this week for this theme, but who knows!

Agreed. I have a feeling that whislt crystallised focused on minifigs over builds (minus the golden dragon raider, which I think is an unreleased MK set that was given to the ninjago team to reskin) I think core is gonna focus on builds. From what we have seen so far, it looks like zane is in his core 1 suit, along with the old pixal figure. That and the fact that there isn't very many figures in sets makes me think that it's builds over figures now, which personally I'd love to see, and so far that dragon looks incredible. I cannot wait to see the thing in HD and I have to say, despite being a core wave, theres a lot of original stuff here. A massive 6 legged transforming dragon, a motorbike for a mech, a brick box (which I cant wait to get, gonna be a great parts pack for temples) and a new titan mech. I particularly like the way core is tying up ninjago as a whole, completing the dragons for each ninja, the spinners and the titan mechs. one for every team member. Master Wu titan mech when?

1 minute ago, Killian said:

The UK Ninjago magazine at the end of this month will have a Vengestone Guard minifigure included. I'll probably buy 4 issues to add to my army.

The leak of the bottom half of Zane's Ice Creature reminds me of this year's Crystal King set. Excited to see what the full thing looks like. Regretting buying Core P.I.X.A.L off Bricklink now that she's coming in this new set, since I'll likely be picking it up. I wonder if the new Core villains will have a side build vehicle in the set?

The side build appears to be a temple or shrine structure, apparently it also has a turret so probably a gun in the centre of it. I understand not buying the ninja dojo temple if moneys thin, (it always is nowadays) but the dojo temple has become one of, if not my favourite set of the year. Its an amazing build with some great figures. Definitely pick it up if you get the chance. 

I stopped buying magazines for army building ever since the price went up to £5, I cant justify that for a single minifig, although the quality of the crystallised wave has made me reconsider on most. Still, next issue after that will be oni Lloyd (without the mask) so I'm gonna pick that up, and considering he only wore the mask for 5 seconds (plus he had 4 arms, so it will be inaccurate anyways) I'm happy to get him. Cole is the current minifig on the issue, so I can get the head mask of him and put it on Lloyd as I dont think I'm gonna be getting the dragon unless it goes on sale. 

I love the sound of that.

Great to hear that we're getting new enemies, and they're more unique than most Ninjago villains it seems.

The sets sound really good, and I like the variety.

And OH YES, FINALLY A NYA SET! My prayers have been answered. And her Core variant is also coming in an activity book. So fantastic to see she's not being pushed aside this year too.

Definitely will buy that one, and maybe more. I surprisingly really love Core as a subtheme.

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I love the sound of that.

Great to hear that we're getting new enemies, and they're more unique than most Ninjago villains it seems.

The sets sound really good, and I like the variety.

And OH YES, FINALLY A NYA SET! My prayers have been answered. And her Core variant is also coming in an activity book. So fantastic to see she's not being pushed aside this year too.

Definitely will buy that one, and maybe more. I surprisingly really love Core as a subtheme.

I’m glad core is finally getting some more love, it had a shaky start for sure but I think it has found it’s feet with a balance of originality and new concepts. Hopefully as the sets are being sent, they will be revealed or at least leaked very soon. Kind of funny that I’m working on an Asian style dragon with 6 legs and now a 6 legged European (by the looks of it) dragon has come out of nowhere. And this one can turn into a mech. Simply can’t wait. Im sure everyone here shares the same sentiment, it will be good to be excited about something that doesn’t have an awful payoff (cough cough crystalized cough)

Edited by a guy from somewhere

Oh man the mech-bike and mech duel sets are JUST what I’ve been wanting! I’d love to see more evo mech style builds with vehicles/add ons like the bike in this, and getting a villain mech is great! Surprised to not see a cole one since the evo limbs are in the right color for him now, but they’ll prob be in the Cole dragon. My hope is that the Cole and nya dragons are a bit better than last years, but even if not they’ll prob be great for parts. Wonder if nyas dragon will use the blue/red combo from the 4+ set or the blue and gunmetal she uses these days

gotta see more of the zane creature, it looks good so far but how the 2 in 1 works will be a big factor for me since I don’t generally collect dragons but do collect mechs.

Edited by mrfang2

6 hours ago, mrfang2 said:

Oh man the mech-bike and mech duel sets are JUST what I’ve been wanting! I’d love to see more evo mech style builds with vehicles/add ons like the bike in this, and getting a villain mech is great! Surprised to not see a cole one since the evo limbs are in the right color for him now, but they’ll prob be in the Cole dragon. My hope is that the Cole and nya dragons are a bit better than last years, but even if not they’ll prob be great for parts. Wonder if nyas dragon will use the blue/red combo from the 4+ set or the blue and gunmetal she uses these days

gotta see more of the zane creature, it looks good so far but how the 2 in 1 works will be a big factor for me since I don’t generally collect dragons but do collect mechs.

Considering zane is in core 1 gi, I’d say it’s probably a good shot that it’s blue and gunmetal grey, as that was nyas core gi colour scheme. I’m really hoping if they’re keeping the ninja the same that we either get new face prints, or they go all out on the villains, and the latter looks likely. Either that or they’re saving budget for the summer wave. When those set names leak, it’s gonna be insane. I can see the community divided if there’s new names. 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

I’ve creature has leaked, looks like a beautiful main build and an alright mech build, minifigs are decent, but core 1 zane is back. I love the temple and turret and the build itself looks amazing, massive flags and the brick built wings don’t look too bad. The bone knights as they’re called look alright, colours are a bit all over the place but I like the design. I’d give them a 6-7 out of 10

Set itself is definitely a 8-9 out of 10

I'm sad to see the mech is an alt build rather than a transformation, but the main dragon looks really good! I don't see why it needed 6 legs though, maybe the designers felt the need to do something different? There's also plenty of new parts we can see being used here, such as the large blades, but also the curved parts that cover the front shoulder joints, the bade of the horns, the upper jaw, and the lower jaw, which I suspect will be the upper jaw of cole's dragon.

I wonder if the other sets will also have alternate builds? It would certainly explain why this set has one, since it doesn't seem super integral to the set itself.

As for the villains, I think they look great! They definitely are more interesting than the snakes earlier this year, and the variety of troops reminds me of the ice samurais from 2019. which were some of my favorite villains aesthetically. I'm sad there isn't a villain set this wave, because it would have been awesome to see these guys get a large build of there own. I'm curious if these will be the first villains of the 'new' ninjago show next year, and maybe these 'core' sets will actually be the sets of that season? I could see that being the case.