Dwarf King

Your first Castle theme set?

While Castle is not my favourite theme, I found out to my surprise that during my childhood I ended up with about 7 small-to-medium castle sets. My first and oldest (1989) is this one, worth mentioning because it hasn't come up in this thread yet:

1974-3.1124738288.jpg

It's Smuggler's Hayride, part of a Town/Space/Castle Value pack. Just a small hay cart, but with two great minifigs, and I remember it having lots of playability, as there was a secret compartment beneath the hay balls for the Forestman to hide! Loads of fun, really!

My first was the Fright Knights king persony thing on some kind of flying "thing".

Looking at the previous posts, it looks like the random collection of LEGO I purchased on the Easter weekend contained a lot of the bits from the early castle series, of which many have posted pics of sets. Now all that's left to do is to find which stuff I have belongs in which set (some bits aren't fully taken apart yet).

I may have most bits of 6030.

Edited by hawkyboy4

My first sets (don't remember in which order i got them, i was only 6) were:

6016-1.jpg

6035-1.jpg

6039-1.jpg

still have very fond memories of them, if only i had not lost too many parts to rebuild them :cry_sad:

I can't really remember my first castle set, but thanks to brickset I managed to track down my oldest castle sets (all from 1984):

the Supply Wagon

tn_6010-1_jpg.jpg,

the Catapult

tn_6030-1_jpg.jpg and

the Blacksmith Shop :wub:

tn_6040-1_jpg.jpg

The first castle set I remember wanting very badly was

Black Monarch's Castle

6085-1.jpg

And indeed, on December 6 1988, Saint Nicolas brought me this set :cry_happy:

(You might have guessed it already: all pictures courtesy of brickset.com)

My first Castle sets, it was in 1984.

It started with

6010b.jpg

6022b.jpg

and

6061b.jpg

Just after that,

6080b.jpg

and

6073b.jpg

Thery're still my favorits with 6040

Ah my first set, I don't remember the name or number but it came with three different little soldiers, one wolf pack, one from the dragon faction, and it was alos one of my very first legos :grin:

MY first castle set was the Troll Warship, last year.

lego_castle_trollwarship.jpg

It is an awesome set!

My first Castle set was 6095 Royal Joust from the year 2000... I wish Lego still had alternate builds...

6095-1.jpg

My first set was 6041:

6041-1.jpg

Black sword is in good condition, but the flag is broken and faded. Several of the other, more common pieces are faded or missing.

These two were brought by my dad, early 2000, if my memory serves me right.

Strangley enough, those were my first to. I still proudly display that shield in that set.

I'm not sure if I got this in 1990 or 1991, but in any case, it was my first Castle set -

6059 Knight's Stronghold

6059-1.jpg

Edited by ZO6

Up until a couple years ago my LEGO purchases were exclusively Star Wars. My first Castle purchase was an "I'm-bored, spur-of-the-moment" thing. I started small with this set:

7091 Knights' Catapult Defense

7091-1.jpg

I liked the set so much I quickly added all of the Fantasy-era sets to my collection.

My first Castle set was the 6054 "Forestmen's Hideout".

If I'm not wrong, it was the year 1991, when I got it!! :classic:

6054-1.jpg

I can’t remember accurately but if my memory serves me right my first ever Lego Castle set would have been the 6040 set.

6040_brickset.jpg

Edited by Barbaros

lego_castle_6090-1.jpg

this was my first (and only) castle theme. later on, years after, i got this dragon and a wizard with some potions or something. just a tiny little box. but this castle was the first big set i got as a little girl. yeehaw! hahaha. =D

Edited by reptile_smile

I don't recall what the first set that I got was. It was probably some small set from a local department store. The first set I remember getting, though, was 6074 Black Falcon's Fortress, which I got for Christmas from my Grandmother sometime around 1988/1989...

4022020341_38b66d7b9b.jpg

Then the next year for Christmas I got 6085 Black Monarch's Castle...

6085_Black_Monarch

Ladies and Gentlemen, Afols and Kfols,

this is my first post, and this was my first castle-set and also the first Legoset I remember playing with. My Grandma bought it three times back then (fortunately not three copies at once :classic: )

6016-1.jpg

I appreciated the horse and the knight (rider), but I never liked the set as a whole. (wanted to have kings castle or Bff instead)

If I remember correctly, my first castle set was 6099 Traitor Transport with Cave. I've lost a few of the pieces(cave's somewhere in my closet), I still use the Fright Knight and dragon regularly with my displays.

My first castle set was

7090-1.jpg

presented to me by my friend.

My last set was

6007-1.jpg

:)

My first set was 6076 Dark Dragon's Den. The wizard and the dragon were so cool. I use to build and rebuild that set so many times adding my own modifications to make it bigger.