codyaner

FINISHED: The Empire Strikes Back in LEGO

Hello everyone,

throughout the last 1,5 I updated you guys regularly in my WIP thread for my Empire Strikes Back in Lego Project.

Now I am finally done with the project and I'd like to present all my 63 scenes in this new thread to you. 

The goal of this long lasting project was to re-create my all time favorite Star Wars movie entirely out of Lego covering all iconing scenes. The most challenging parts for sure were that I wanted to re-create everyting out of Lego so I needed to build all the backgrounds for Hoth, Dagobah and Cloud City as well. After watching the movie like for the 200x time in my life and making notes of which scenes I wanted to build I had quite a long list of 60+ scenes. As I already re-build A New Hope in LEGO in 54 scenes it was clear for me that I didn't want to pay less attention to Empire Strikes Back. Hence I took this challenge and now after 1,5 years I am really happy that I covered all 63 scenes :)

I hope you enjoy my project and that you will also follow me on my journey of buidling Return of the Jedi (starting in November 2021)

51380192454_ff8946515f.jpgThe Empire Strikes Back in LEGO (1/9) by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

51379684798_65da3d4741.jpgThe Empire Strikes Back in LEGO (2/9) by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

51379684343_4630b2fa8b.jpgThe Empire Strikes Back in LEGO (3/9) by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

51379447761_809cbd1df2.jpgThe Empire Strikes Back in LEGO (4/9) by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

51379683083_cd0fed1349.jpgThe Empire Strikes Back in LEGO (5/9) by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

51379447011_a4b19241d1.jpgThe Empire Strikes Back in LEGO (6/9) by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

51378686577_03b7cd3590.jpgThe Empire Strikes Back in LEGO (7/9) by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

51380189049_013ec90812.jpgThe Empire Strikes Back in LEGO (8/9) by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

51380188474_2eee13c52b.jpgThe Empire Strikes Back in LEGO (9/9) by Codyaner_bricks, on Flickr

PS: you can have a look at all parts in high quality on my FLICKR Album.

Kind regards and enjoy
Codyaner

Brilliant work, your ANH version was fantastic and I have greatly enjoyed following the progress of the ESB photos. I look forward to ROTJ, great job.

You should publish a book with all these scenes!

Edited by Stuartn

Wow!  Great builds and so many iconic scenes done well.  Things like the lighting effects really take it up a notch and make it even more special as a project.  Looking forward to RotJ!  :classic:

This is a Dream of every Lego Star Wars collector. Everything that we do as a collector seems to be done to accomplish like this. 

Edited by Darth Legomenon

12 hours ago, TheScaryDoor said:

Absolutlely amazing. Looking forward for ROTJ ( and have to check out ANH).

Thanks a lot :) You can check out A New Hope here --> 

9 hours ago, Stuartn said:

Brilliant work, your ANH version was fantastic and I have greatly enjoyed following the progress of the ESB photos. I look forward to ROTJ, great job.

You should publish a book with all these scenes!

Thanks for following and supporting me on my Journey :) I will create a book with all the scenes for myself. But publishing a book is way more complex because of licenses, etc. But I will try to reach out to some publishers in the future and try my luck.

8 hours ago, Omand said:

Great to see it all together.

Amazing scenes

Cheers :)

Thank you very much!

2 hours ago, deraven said:

Wow!  Great builds and so many iconic scenes done well.  Things like the lighting effects really take it up a notch and make it even more special as a project.  Looking forward to RotJ!  :classic:

Thanks a lot. I am also looking forward to ROTJ. I already have some cool ideas. But for the time being I need a short break from building to focus on some private stuff. ROTJ will start in November.

7 minutes ago, Darth Legomenon said:

This is a Dream of every Lego Star Wars collector. Everything that we do as a collector seems to be done to accomplish like this. 

Great summary of what is my personal dream and target. I want to re-create all my favorite SW movies out of Lego. 

It's really hard to pick a favorite scene.  The lighting and effects on the carbonite chamber are especially good.

I can't believe Lego isn't asking you if they can use the images in merchandise.  They could make a Star Wars Lego Encyclopedia photobook out of it and it would do incredibly well. 

Edited by Schneeds

On 8/16/2021 at 11:02 AM, Schneeds said:

It's really hard to pick a favorite scene.  The lighting and effects on the carbonite chamber are especially good.

I can't believe Lego isn't asking you if they can use the images in merchandise.  They could make a Star Wars Lego Encyclopedia photobook out of it and it would do incredibly well. 

Thanks man :) My idea would go in the direction of doing a picture book for children. Parents which love Star Wars could use this book to introduce the Star Wars topic to their children.

Incredible job.  Love all the scenes just like the movie.  You captured every scene really well.   

On 8/16/2021 at 11:22 AM, Darth Legomenon said:

Agree 100%

Seems like the representation of the reimagination idea, the core idea in lego world. An old lego movie ("The Fastest and Funniest LEGO Star Wars story ever told") comes to mind but this project depicts our beloved movie witch such attention to detail, it's so much cooler. Bravo, that was really impressive... most impressive. 

18 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

Whoa, this is amazing! Is that snowspeeder of your own design?

No, this is the design from Brickvault that you can purchase in their online shop