Jelsa's Ice Castle

A freebuild for Avalonia set in Mitgardia

Far to the north in Mitgardia, at the edge of the Frozen Beyond (whether in the Frozen Beyond or just on the Mitgardian side is hard to say, as the cartographers are rather imprecise about that region), there is a small kingdom ruled by a kindly, though rather stupid, old king. His wife died many years before, and he spends his time playing with a sophisticated system of interlocking toys and trying to convince his only child, his spoiled and deeply loved daughter, that she should marry some prince. 

The daughter, Princess Jelsa, however, had other plans, and, since she is also a powerful ice witch, she froze every suiter her father brought to her. But one day, things went so far that she ran away to the back of the North Mountain and built herself an Ice Castle with her powerful ice magic. And there she stands, and there she will stay, unbothered by the cold. Cold hands, colder heart, they say. 

51300820096_1eced55db0_b.jpg

Unedited version:

Spoiler

51301834575_3f9699fc84_b.jpg

I built this for the Summer Joust's vignette category. It is, of course, Elsa's Ice Castle from Frozen, but I could not resist putting it into Mitgardia, where an Ice Princess seems to fit quite well. Jelsa, however, is a creation of mine for my (as yet unpublished) 10th Anniversary GoH CMF series:

51312201563_fbe17ddc48_c.jpg

Consider this a sneak peek! Comments and criticism welcome.

Spoiler

(do I even need to say that anymore? Why do we say that? Of course such things would be welcome, it's a forum for others to see, comment, and help with constructive criticism...oh well, old habits die hard)

Nice use of the frozen piece.  Looks good in that forced perspective.  I like the crack in the rock on the right unless that was unintentional.  The fig looks great too.  

I've already commented on the build which is cool (no pun intended) but now that's a very neat minifigure as well! Does it just look like it or does Jelsa have Ice powers :laugh:

That's cool as hell! (yeah, pun intended). 
Beautiful photography, lovely tale. And a phenomenal way to sneak peak on your minifig series category!
Now, that's one. Fifteen more to go. Hope you don't get frozen in the way.

Great micro! The shape of the build, seen from the angle you used for the photo, is very elegant (the snow almost looks like drape!). And Jelsa looks like a lady after my own heart! :grin: