Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

Why would they make a new goat mold now? Designers wanted it for Jurassic World, the Mickey Mouse boat and I think a few other sets. Why not reintroduce it then so it can be in more than one set / theme?

I have a feeling the barn will be built on / around the roadplate in brown or tan. 

6 hours ago, Maple said:

The goat mold broke. A designer wanted to use it for either the JP gate or the Mickey Mouse boat set.

Yet it’s in the past now. There is always a room for improvement for goat mold. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7
Typo

23 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yet it’s in the past now. There is always a room for important for goat mold. 

Obviously there's demand for goats... but since the mold would have to be recreated and redesigned, the question is whether designing a new goat would be as impactful as designing or redesigning another animal.

I don't foresee goats coming back in these upcoming City sets, to be honest. If anything, the reintroduction of cows feels more likely to me than that, since they're a far more archetypal sort of farm animal at least here in America.

1 hour ago, Maple said:

Why would they make a new goat mold now? Designers wanted it for Jurassic World, the Mickey Mouse boat and I think a few other sets. Why not reintroduce it then so it can be in more than one set / theme?

Designer wants a lot of stuff, but they must keep inside the budget of what ever they are making at the time. If they have a low budget, they can only use what is available at the time. Think about the BL designer sets and the budget they have. The Castle in the Forest designer had to build a saddle because it was not in production at the time, had it instead been made this year he could have used the one from the new horse transport set. When they reintroduce the goat other designers can use it and since we do now what future sets we get it could be included in a lot of sets. 
That said I do not think the farm sets will bring it back at least if it is only those 3 rather small sets in the subtheme :sceptic:

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I don't foresee goats coming back in these upcoming City sets, to be honest. If anything, the reintroduction of cows feels more likely to me than that, since they're a far more archetypal sort of farm animal at least here in America.

I agree. However dairy products from goat milk (and vegan products) are now hugely advertised where I live. Perhaps Lego will surprise us...

3 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

I agree. However dairy products from goat milk (and vegan products) are now hugely advertised where I live. Perhaps Lego will surprise us...

I think goats are actually more globally useful & representative as farm animals. Also for historical themes etc

On 1/11/2022 at 6:17 PM, TeriXeri said:

Rescue missions ? sounds like some variation of People Packs (2019 had a Space people pack too), set numbers of last people packs were very close to the Advent calendars.

Well there haven't been a new people pack since 2019, so they might have abandoned that concept and replaced it with this.

23 minutes ago, Yoggington said:

I wonder if a Lego 'Idea' submission that was just some goats could garner 10k votes.

It wouldn't matter because it would violate multiple rules of the platform (borderline violation of no projects dependent on new molds, and explicit violation of no minifigure/bulk part packs). Considering that, seeing goats return via Ideas is even less likely than seeing them return through ordinary sets.

6 hours ago, williejm said:

I think goats are actually more globally useful & representative as farm animals. Also for historical themes etc

Goats are actually the most widely used farm animal besides chickens, and buy weight probably more used than chickens. They give meat and milk and eat pretty much anything green.

9 hours ago, Yoggington said:

I wonder if a Lego 'Idea' submission that was just some goats could garner 10k votes.

What about a brick-built "UCS" goat? ~1000 pieces, complete with plaque ("the GOAT goat" :D ) and of course the one small minifig-scale mould that everyone actually wants.

3 hours ago, Rotbart said:

What about a brick-built "UCS" goat? ~1000 pieces, complete with plaque ("the GOAT goat" :D ) and of course the one small minifig-scale mould that everyone actually wants.

No thanks!

3 hours ago, Rotbart said:

I can picture it now, a life size brick built goat. Like 10,000 pieces and cost $750 and on the plaque it has a minifigure goat. The only set it comes in and you cannot get it on Bricks and Pieces because LEGO wrecked that. :laugh:

Snagged the Picnic in the Park set today. The squirrels are cool and I love that I finally have a yellow bike for my collection (no way I was paying he going rate for the old yellow bike or the rare set it came in)

Really good set IMO and exactly the kind of set we need more of.

3 hours ago, jonwil said:

Snagged the Picnic in the Park set today. The squirrels are cool and I love that I finally have a yellow bike for my collection (no way I was paying he going rate for the old yellow bike or the rare set it came in)

Really good set IMO and exactly the kind of set we need more of.

Haven’t seen that one in stock anywhere in U.K. 😕

2 hours ago, williejm said:

Haven’t seen that one in stock anywhere in U.K. 😕

Over here in Germany it's an exclusive set. It will probably arrive in a drugstore in a few months, Müller and/or Rossmann.

2 hours ago, Rotbart said:

Over here in Germany it's an exclusive set. It will probably arrive in a drugstore in a few months, Müller and/or Rossmann.

Interesting - here the store exclusives usually go to Argos, but they don’t have this. Nor do Smyths, which is the biggest dedicated toy store chain since Toys R Us folded.

looking closely at the 3D catalog, I think City police station of this year has improved, fire station as well, but not the fire action

11 hours ago, Mr No said:

Did Lego acknowledge the fact that the Stuntz bike front wheels brokes? 

In the America, and only the Americas, they have admitted there were issues but have since been supposedly fixed. I thought it was the back wheels though. It was an issue in a Mexico plant and not a Europe or China plant.

Edited by Maple

14 hours ago, Mr No said:

Did Lego acknowledge the fact that the Stuntz bike front wheels brokes? 

I haven't had that experience on the bikes that I have purchased. Matter of fact, the 2021 stunt bikes work perfectly for me. 

Edited by Poodabricks

Here is the press release from the fall.

Some consumers in the Americas region have experienced breakage with a wheel element when playing with the LEGO® City Stuntz motorbike. This is a product quality issue and does not pose a safety risk.

The fault is only present on LEGO City Stuntz sets on sale in the Americas and does not affect any similar sets available elsewhere.

We want to provide our consumers with only the best possible play experience and have taken immediate action to rectify the problem, working on ways to ensure our consumers in the Americas also receive the same high quality play experience as those in the rest of the world. Consumers can also request replacement elements by contacting LEGO Customer Services.

I just read that the Barn will only have 230 pieces. SO that kind of depressing.

As you know roughly, the 60337 product is a high-speed passenger train. I have a feeling that this train will have four cars, what do you think?