1000x800p-1-1.jpg

My entry for the TC20 contest will be one of my childhood dream sets: 6335.

I chose 30.4mm tires for the truck, which have a look similar to the original ones, so the overall dimension of the set will be 1,5 bigger than the original.

I only started the chassis of the truck, this is a preliminary photo:

20210601_073220.jpg

35 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Tire selection is great! how about use 30285 wheel?

They are perfect! But they are discontinued now, I prefer to use current parts :wink:

Some progress on the truck:

20210602_104336.jpg

It has opening doors and HoG steering. I also added 2 blue seats.

20210602_104325.jpg

Very cool build. I remember the old Octane city sets. The colour combination with green, red and white is perfect!

This is looking good. I am definitely partial to the system rebuilds at the moment, they are very interesting.

I like the Technic airhorns on the top!

Is the seat colour staying?

Could the ‘A’ pillars be blue?

Just questions, not nitpicking  :classic:

I also first thought about doing an Octan truck, but didn't have the green parts and I couldn't decide the scale so I went for something else. Yours are looking really great so far, I'm excited to see more!

I have some updates on this project: the trailer is almost done.

20210725_115318.jpg

The ramps to load cars on the first and second floor are attached by a simple 4L axle with stop. The upper deck is lowered / raised by a linear actuator.

20210725_115431.jpg

20210725_115509.jpg

The front part of the trailer can be opened and I'd like to add some details like in the original model.

20210725_115535.jpg

I'm not sure I will be able to complete the model within the deadline, especially the 3 small cars. If not, I will enter the contest with the truck alone :blush:

I love the colors of Blacktron, and IcePlanet, and Old City Police, but Octan is my favorite. This looks soo clean. I hope you get the cars done, because that would make it even so much better. 

This looks great!

Today I managed to complete the whole model, adding also custom made stickers.

img_1700.jpg

I don't have (or they don't exist) some green and some blue parts to make the car as close as possible to the real ones. That was my compromise.

img_1703.jpg

img_1710.jpg

img_1713.jpg

I really enjoyed the contest!

Awesome build. This is exactly how I would see keeping the scale of original system set. I think this is a strong contestant for the podium :)

I'm not sure whether the linear actuator is a good thing there, but I guess it works, it's just kind of weird that the platform isn't supported somewhere around the end.

1 hour ago, SaperPL said:

Awesome build. This is exactly how I would see keeping the scale of original system set. I think this is a strong contestant for the podium :)

I'm not sure whether the linear actuator is a good thing there, but I guess it works, it's just kind of weird that the platform isn't supported somewhere around the end. 

Agreed. It makes me want to go looking for an alternative solution.

1 hour ago, SaperPL said:

Do you mean you prefer the actuator is more at the rear, to support the platform more at the rear?

My thinking is to hide the LA below the upper deck, and use a set of rear supports which are fixed at the bottom, but linked to the LA at the top. Quick POC:

thumb.php?api=SYNO.PhotoStation.Thumb&me

Obviously the black guide axles would need to be supported at both the back and the front.

Clever solution!

Actually I tried to simply reproduce the original set, which had a black bracket in the same position as the LA.

Never expected my childhood favorite to show up in this competiton, and really nicely done too!

Wouldn't change a thing about the actuator if it were up to me tho, the original was only supported in the front too, it looks about as right as you can get imo.

52 minutes ago, jshuiting said:

Wouldn't change a thing about the actuator if it were up to me tho, the original was only supported in the front too, it looks about as right as you can get imo.

There's something to that. I hadn't considered that the original worked that way.

It kind of looks weird with a single big actuator at the middle and not supported at the back, but I checked and yeah, it wasn't supported at the end in original set.

When I'm looking at the original, the ramp feels a bit more chunky, so maybe that's why it looks a bit weird with single line of liftarms hanging, not sure.

This is so great :wub: that truck is awesome!! Just so visually pleasing.

so good you could finish all the race cars too.

For me this looks really proper entry in this contest, if not most proper.

7 hours ago, SaperPL said:

When I'm looking at the original, the ramp feels a bit more chunky, so maybe that's why it looks a bit weird with single line of liftarms hanging, not sure.

We must consider that the cars are really small and light, the upper deck is strong enough for the purpose :wink::thumbup: