KimT

2008 Picture thread

When I see the clone wars promo, I see this starship flying to, from and alongside a big starship; it's in it for a few seconds, and looks a bit like a bulky B-wing. Could this perhaps be the twilight? It's not very small, and could be a 100$ set from the look err... blink of it...

That's a good point! Why would TLC put three on the box, but name two? |-/ Aye yi yi yi yi! Come on, Lego! Do it right, or don't do it at all! Oh wait, those were preliminary. :-P I still can't believe TLC would slip up that high in a mere prelim pic. :-|

one might be a commander of some sort and would have a similar outline but a diff name, and looking for a display name, this gunship is eu because its a modified gunship that dosnt apear in movies. rgs, atte, and the cw are all both eu and pt because they apear in both.

jifel

I still would prefer more clones with the RGS, as not many were made, but that is just me being fussy. :-P Hopefully their will be many clones with the new Clone war sets.

I have not watched the clone war cartoons before, I think I am going to have too!

Edit: I meant "clones" not cones, honestly! :-D

Edited by Lord Of Pies

sorry but what the frigg are you talking about >:-(

star wars episode 2 ATTACK OF THE CLONES

where yoda CLEARLY SAYS! "begun the clone wars have"

so CLONE WARS IS NOT EU RGS ISN'T EU DROID GUNSHIPS AREN'T EU AT-TE'S AREN'T EU so do some frigin research before you open your mouth >:-(

woah ... cut out the language please *n*

anyway ... I think you're slightly missing the point "legoman" was trying to make. Whilst it is correct that the Clone Wars begin in Episode II and we see RGS and AT-TE in that film, most of the Clone Wars period is not covered as part of the PT.

The AT-TE and RGS which we see in these pictures are based on how they look during the animated series of the Clone Wars and/or the games which come from it too. So, from that respect, they are from the Expanded Universe as that refers to anything which is not part of the films (PT or OT).

If you want a non EU RGS or AT-TE then you will have to get the originally issued versions.

:-)

so CLONE WARS IS NOT EU RGS ISN'T EU DROID GUNSHIPS AREN'T EU AT-TE'S AREN'T EU so do some frigin research before you open your mouth >:-(

Pardon me ?

I do hate your tone newbie !! So stop your "frigin" attitude asap and think and tone down before "you open your mouth" !!

Next crap post and you're in for a real treat !!

Pissed off *yoda*

Wow i feal like ive just been yelled at. Anyways someone was complaing about the clone wars and yoda said clone wars has begun WELL this is during the clone wars not in the movies remeber that. These lego sets arent bassed on the moviessss but based on the new show that will be released. AND there also precquilem or however u spell it.

I stil would prefer more cones with the RGS, as not many were made, but that is just me being fussy. :-P Hopefully their will be many clones with the new Clone war sets.

I have not watched the clone war cartoons before, I think I am going to have too!

personally i think noone wants CONES we want clones

yuoore right i need to watch the cartoon if you look at the rgs by the cargo bay to the left theres a piece that looks like a hatch that opens might the bubble turrets be i there?

Guys, I think you have everything mixed up between the "historical" CW and the CW series !!

Sure I am not the biggest nerd out there but I'll try to shed some light to avois all the flaming that has NOTHING to do here !!

At thge end of AOTC, Yoda clearly said "begun, the CW have" when you see clones entering ISDs !!

What are the CW then ? Its the period betwen Ep2 and Ep3: it starts at the very end of Ep2 and ends when Order 66 is engaged and when the Empire takes over the Republic.

The CW is the battle of the Republic (clones & Jedis) vs the Separatist and their huge droid army !!

Thats what are the CW !!

Now if you integrate the CW withing the movies, its considered as the generic term of EU since its neither part of the PT nt the OT

Hope thats helpfull !!

*yoda*

Ya know, that seems pretty likely to me. The Episode II style clones will be back in production/circulation with the Summer 2008 wave, so it makes sense that Episode II clones might be showing up in a new battlepack type set...though I would be surprised if it came out before January 2009.

There is a precendent for this. Clearly shown with the Blackhole/Shadow trooper in the Tie Crawler released sometime last summer at Target and then another figure in the Dropship Battle Pack released this January.

It would reduce manufacturing costs/time to produce more of a mold and paint scheme already in production. The next question on that would be what would be the paired battlepack. It seems that Lego seems to pair their battle packs with other opposing factions e.g. Stormtroopers/Rebels, Clomies/Droids.

Although that should most likely not be discussed here but rather a new topic. *sweet*

Yeay right :-|

Do you think Lego would give 4 jedis in one BP ? You know the tooth fairy, santa clause (etc) do NOT exist 8-|

*yoda*

That's the point I was trying to make... :-|

TK

umm, does anyone have an idea where the missle right below the stap is coming from?

jifel

OUCH! thats pritty harsh you know *n* . as for the reasearch, i did it, so please, do it yourself. please look at the quote below, and it's your reasearch done for you ;-)

woah ... cut out the language please *n*

anyway ... I think you're slightly missing the point "legoman" was trying to make. Whilst it is correct that the Clone Wars begin in Episode II and we see RGS and AT-TE in that film, most of the Clone Wars period is not covered as part of the PT.

The AT-TE and RGS which we see in these pictures are based on how they look during the animated series of the Clone Wars and/or the games which come from it too. So, from that respect, they are from the Expanded Universe as that refers to anything which is not part of the films (PT or OT).

If you want a non EU RGS or AT-TE then you will have to get the originally issued versions.

:-)

THANKYOU! *sweet* *sweet* that was exactly what i was trying to explain

Pardon me ?

I do hate your tone newbie !! So stop your "frigin" attitude asap and think and tone down before "you open your mouth" !!

Next crap post and you're in for a real treat !!

Pissed off *yoda*

AMEN *yoda*

~Peace~ (thanks iamded)

legoman

Dang, Mike running around with a gun and yoda is ticked off. >:-)

Hate to be on there bad side about now!

Save the complaining till after we see some official pics and a more concrete price list!

Jamie

Dang, Mike running around with a gun and yoda is ticked off. >:-)

:-D

After looking at this set for (Gee, a while..), there are two points about it that I'm really happy about. One, it has Ep. II clones, so, no matter how much I hate a set, I'm gonna get it anyways. :-D Besides, with a lot of clones, I'll venture out of my box and attempt to MOD one into an ARC Trooper. Second, the set is in NEW white. This'll be easier to MOD than the old white, and I can strip my JSF with Hyperdrive of dark blue, and MOD the wings and cockpit. I'm sure some customizers out there are going to make a sticker for the Sharkmouth nose, just because it's so cool. So, even if we don't have an official Sharkmouth, I'm going to get one kick-@$$ Gunship sooner or later. >:-)

Will

I'm happy with all of it to be honest. I didn't know about the official gunship without the side pods, but I'm not a fan...I hope the final product will have them back.

As for the Clone Wars, they are the highest level of canon as they were mentioned directly in the films. So the Clone Wars are canon and not EU, which is basically infinities. However the events that took place during the clone wars that were not mentioned in the movies but were shown in the show are EU and not Canon.

I really wonder how TLC will tackle the Magna Guards, I'm hoping for a body like on GG but some new arms and a new head! The inclusion of capes and an Electro Staff would be great! Can't wait to see wait TLC will give us! 8-

a great thing about this gunship and AT-TE is that i can afford the old versions if it drags the price down enough :-$

I so agree with you Belloq, We need Twiileks! Lots of them!

We also need Jabba's Palace(yes again) so we can get 2 New figs and 1 new creature

- Palace Guard from LSW2

- Dancer Twiilek *wub*

- Rancor!

I do think that would please OT fans indeed *sweet*

Anyway all these CW sets are very nice but I'm not excited about EP2 clones :-/ Some ARC troopers would be awesome

b99c_2.JPG

Wish Lego had done this *wub*

P

Edited by Piranha

I'm happy with all of it to be honest. I didn't know about the official gunship without the side pods, but I'm not a fan...I hope the final product will have them back.

As for the Clone Wars, they are the highest level of canon as they were mentioned directly in the films. So the Clone Wars are canon and not EU, which is basically infinities. However the events that took place during the clone wars that were not mentioned in the movies but were shown in the show are EU and not Canon.

The problem with Canon is there are levels of Canon. And people's levels differ.

Sure, you say that the Clone Wars are mentioned in the film. Well, the end of them are shown in the film so to many, that part of the clone wars and the fact they exist are Canon. The events of the clone wars TV shows, not canon. Or at least a lower level of Canon than what is actually seen in the films.

And then there is the point that the films themselves change. What does that do to Canon? Is it Canon that Han shot first or second. oy!

Or the fact that it was 'canon' after the original Star Wars that Darth Vader killed Luke's dad. OY OY!

I reminded there was a book that was published prior to ESB called 'Splinter of the Mind's Eye'. Supposedly, it was 'canon' or as much as they even worried about Canon back then. And then ESB and RoTJ came out and pretty much wiped it out. Which is good because if I recall there were some cozy scenes between Luke and Leia.

So, you're comfortable with saying what happens in the clone wars cartoons is canon. Thats your opinion. Others think that the Clone Wars happened are canon but the events as they are depicted in the cartoon are EU because everything not directly seen in the movie is EU.

Personally, I think the original clone wars cartoon was better than the PT movies. But I didn't take them as canon because everything could change. (I mean really, when Anakin was in the rain and with his hair down stopped looking like stylized Hayden Christianson and started looking like stylized Mark Hammel and its the same animation model! That's genius! And Ani's descent from rashness to anger and the dark side was better illustrated than in the movies, too.)

But I digress like I always do. Trying to impose one person's idea of Star Wars canon on another is like arguing which is better, Star Wars or Star Trek. Nobody is ever going to win.

Tohst -

and I laugh like I always do

and I cried like I cried for you

when balloon man blew up in my face.

Somehow, I'll have to disagree... Since it's George Lucas Himself directing the new series (both Clone Wars and the new one that fits in between Ep3 and 4), why shouldn't they be canon? That is, I can't help comparing them to Star Trek, now that they're becoming of the same media and there, both films and series are canon. So I'd say that while the CW cartoon by Tartakovsky may not be canon, the new one will (I read somewhere that anything that Lucas says is canon)... which thus excludes it from the EU.

(and on a gramatical note, I'm wondering if I can say "both films and series", since they are plural... it doesn't feel right but I can't figure out how I'm supposed to say it |-/ )

I so agree with you Belloq, We need Twiileks! Lots of them!

We also need Jabba's Palace(yes again) so we can get 2 New figs and 1 new creature

- Palace Guard from LSW2

- Dancer Twiilek *wub*

- Rancor!

I do think that would please OT fans indeed *sweet*

Anyway all these CW sets are very nice but I'm not excited about EP2 clones :-/ Some ARC troopers would be awesome

b99c_2.JPG

Wish Lego had done this *wub*

P

Hey, I remember that one... it was sold for something like $500 on an ebay auction some time ago... 8-

Somehow, I'll have to disagree... Since it's George Lucas Himself directing the new series (both Clone Wars and the new one that fits in between Ep3 and 4), why shouldn't they be canon?

Why would that matter?

Irvin Kershner directed ESB (and thats one reason why its the best of the 6. Another is George didn't do the screenplay for it.)

And just for fun, I looked up Canon on Wookiepedia. Right now the shows are T-Canon, which is different from but in some unknown way related to G-Canon which is the movie Canon and considered the highest level.

As some point, Emperor Constantine is going to have to have the Council of Tatooine and determine for all time (until the next council) what is canon and what is not. From that point on, copies of the Gnostic Force Unleashed will be destroyed and forgotten until a copy is found in a cave in Detroit.

-Tohst

expecting to lose everyone

A Friendly Advice To Everybody Who Hasn't Seen Star Wars - Clone Wars

:-| Man, you guys who haven't seen the two volumes of "SW-CW" have really missed out! So if you are into PT at all (at least just a little bit), go watch it, or, even better, just buy both DVDs! Trust me, this show will change your view of the Clone Wars forever! Especially your opinion about how cool General Grievous really is, or at least was :'-( until Mace crushed his lungs! What you see of Grievous in the movies is just him in his weakend state, and his unfortunate defeat through this weakness! Anyway, just watch it. In my opinion, Volume 2 is better than 1 since it really shows the connection between Episodes II & III and shows Shaak Ti & Grievous at their best! So, if you just wanna watch Volume 2, that's fine with me. Volume 1 is just a collection of tales from the Clone Wars and an introduction to Grievous to me, but, since it gives ARC Troopers and secondary heros & villains like Windu, Fisto, Yoda, Ventress, and Durge a time to shine, it is quite worth watching as well! Still unconvinced about the show? Well, have you seen any episode of the cartoon "Samurai Jack"? This show is pretty much like that, just with more Jedi & Sith and lightsabers instead of katanas! It's not a kiddie show either. In fact, the heros and villains of SW kick much more butt in here than in the movies! X-D

Well, Now you know what to do! ;-) If you have any questions, let me know!

PS: Hey, *vader* , I still haven't recieved any feedback on my edit of my ill-toned post. Are you still mad at me? :'-(

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

PS: Hey, *vader* & Xwing *yoda* , I still haven't recieved any feedback on my edit of my ill-toned post. Are you still mad at me? :'-(

Okay guys lets draw a line under all this talk about 'Is the CW EU or not', we need to get back to talking about the sets themselves.

We have some beautiful looking prelim pics so lets discuss them and stop all this fighting, if not then we will have to take action and people won't like that.

Oky your toned down post is better, however you should learn to think before posting such a poor post. If it happens again then i won't be so forgiving.

Back on topic on!!! :-)

Pissed off *yoda*

If Yoda is pissed off why is he smiling? very troubling! ;-)

Edit by *vader* : He was pissed and rightly so.

Edit by Casewindu: I know he should have been pissed off just his little Yoda is smiling, I just thought it was quite funny, I wasn't defending anyone ;-)

I really like these new sets! I don't know whether the new clone wars series will be shown in the UK but these sets look really good anyway and a good chance to get some more figs! *sweet*

(I dont need any more clone troopers i have 20! :-P i am such a female canine! :-D )

anyway I missed out the first time these sets where issued and i am very glad that lego have decided to re-issue them!

very happy casewindu on!

Edited by casewindu