KimT

2008 Picture thread

Also bear in mind that a set cannot be total crap !! you may not like the design BUT it always have useful parts in it

Uh really? Because I can think of at least a few sets that stink in both catergories.... :-P

Anway, this is great news! The battlepacks look awesome for figs (especially the rebel one *wub* ), although I totally dislike the vehicles.

The Droid battlepack is much better IMO, as it seems to have 5-7 droids plus a great hailfire droid and spider droid! I'll have to get at least one of those.... *sweet*

Then there's the AT-AP. I don't really like it, actually, because it seems too top heavy and too big in the cockpit area compared to the legs. I'll have to wait until better pictures to make final judgment, though. :-/

I do really like the Rogue Shadow! True, it seems a bit too blocky, but it has a great color scheme and captures the basic shape really well! Plus, it has battle damaged vader and other awesome figs... *sweet*

Overal, it's looking to be a sweet year for January 2008, and we only have seen pictures of Indiana Jones and Starwars! I can't wait to see more... ;-)

Edit: Wait a minute! We're missing Anikan's jedi starfighter! Why isn't there a picture of that? 8-|

Edited by Grevious

I think I've figured out what makes the Rogue Shadow look bad. If you look carefully, you can see that the plates along the top of the left mandible (as we look a it) are raised so that the missile can fire. The plates on the right mandible are sloping down. Basically, these raised plates give the model a very blocky feel, which hopefully it won't have when it is lowered ;-)

Overal, it's looking to be a sweet year for January 2007, and we only have seen pictures of Indiana Jones and Starwars! I can't wait to see more... ;-)

Yup, here we go.... X-D :-D

250px-Back_to_the_Future.jpg

So they don't belong to the EU but to episode 4-6?

Nope, they don't belong anywhere :-P

Well they are from the "universe" of ep4 but since they do not exist and don't look that great, they don't belong anywhere ;-)

I think I've figured out what makes the Rogue Shadow look bad. If you look carefully, you can see that the plates along the top of the left mandible (as we look a it) are raised so that the missile can fire. The plates on the right mandible are sloping down. Basically, these raised plates give the model a very blocky feel, which hopefully it won't have when it is lowered ;-)

I think you're right Sam, good call on that ;-) So it can easilly be modded to get rid of that difference ;-)

Mod On !!

*yoda*

70 stormies of the new color ? Thats impressive !!

I always separate old grey markings to the rest of the bley markings ;-)

*yoda*

New colour? Do you mean grey vs bley? :-$

New colour? Do you mean grey vs bley? :-$

Indeed ;-)

I am a purist you know, and I don't like to have both figs mixed up ;-)

*yoda*

Indeed ;-)

*yoda*

*wacko* I dont care much about if it is grey or bley. The main thing is: STORMIES!

Finally!!! Rebel soldiers!! sweet! and they didn't even took advantage of the demand by putting only a very few figs in a huge and expensive set like they did for the first Stromie (ok, the TIE Fighter wasn't so huge nor expensive, but you got the idea :-P )... Very nice of TLC *y*

The Hailfire looks really good. And it seems to be much smaller than the old one (which I was sorry to have missed...)

And the AT-AP looks good as well, thouth I waonder how they managed to acheive it's balance *wacko* ...

Unfortunately, it's rather expensive...

As for the RS, I think it suffers from the same thing as the TIE Crawler : a lack of history so far. I mean we don't know anything about it, we've never seen it anywhere yet, so it can't have grown in our mind like every other ship in the films (or the books and the comics that have already come out) has... Right now, I'm not a big fan of it, but I'm sure once I've played and finished the game and all it's spin off, it's gonna be a whole different matter...

Wait and see, as they say

2008 Greatness ON

Indeed ;-)

*yoda*

I'm a purist too, but not to that extent! ;-) I'm just greatful that I have as many as I do, which they probably are all the same since I bought them all from the same set: 7201-1.jpg

I've got more luke skywalkers than I can handle! At least the officers and stromies aer anynomous! :-D

As for the RS, I think it suffers from the same thing as the TIE Crawler : a lack of history so far.

For me it resembles a lot the problems with that new Sith Infiltrator.... A set not that

bad at all, but very rawish on the other hand. I can almost hear the designers talking....

"No, we can

You can be sure they'll have the regular smilie ;-) which is totally fine with me !!

*yoda*

Looking at the pics closer, they won't be regular smilies. You can see they've all got straps on their chins (if you zoom in).

Looking at the pics closer, they won't be regular smilies. You can see they've all got straps on their chins (if you zoom in).

Good eyes Sam 8-

Now this is a suprise......

Out of all people who would hate it I thought Yoda and SW4J would be the ones, but it seems they like it :-D

Its ugly and doesn't even look like the real thing, it has a whole bunch of crappy flickfire and rocket launch thingys on it |-/

Ugh :-X

I guess I built it up to be awesome but it seems that the real thing can't match my expectations

Heavy Heavy Moding ON!!

Piranha

very clever for lego, cause the kids tody dont know the classics and grow up with this new star wars stuff ;)

Now this is a suprise......

Out of all people who would hate it I thought Yoda and SW4J would be the ones, but it seems they like it :-D

What the Rogue Shadow ?

Well it looks pretty decent even if a bit blocky !!

But like Sam brilliantly stated, I am sure that this design will grow on you !! Afterall we only saw 1 pic which is not top notch and doesn't do the set justice !! We don't even see the wing patterns ;-)

*yoda*

Notice the text beneath the AT-AP box? "Expanding the LEGO Star Wars Universe"

...A hint of things to come?!?

Shame that the Rebel fleet troopers look likely have printed straps on peach heads, but to be honest if they were yellow heads with straps then you'd be stuck with the same face for all of them. Better to have a wide selection of yellow heads for them I say! Like my little gang of Echo troopers!

hothtroops2.jpg

I hope they don't have peach on the torso's. I've noticed how TLC has avoided this on many figures since the change, probably to preserve interchanging those torsos between licenses and official ranges.

I can't quite tell how the hailfire's wheels are designed, but if they are comprised of multiple treads then it may be possible to create bigger wheels for a larger hailfire droid!

Incredible! This is great news for us all, but bad news for our pocket books.

One thing I would like to say is wait till the pictures are clearer before making harsh judgments. There is a quote on Action-Figure website about the RS:

"The Rogue Shadow is a ship out of the upcoming Lucasarts Star Wars game for 2008: The Force Unleashed and appears to come with 3 Mini Figures also based on the videogame, one of whom appears to be Juno Eclipse."

I guess these are the 5 sets:

#7670 - Hailfire Droid and Spider Droid

#7671 - AT-AP Walker

#7667 - Imperial Dropship

#7668 - Rebel Scout Speeder

#7672 - Rogue Shadow

Cheers

DB

Ah but you're forgetting the yet to be seen #7669 - Anakin's Jedi Starfighter ;-)

*yoda*

Now that's the set i'm really interested in seeing, as we've had these pics i'm expecting more very soon.

I reckon the little ship from the rebel BP may have takem some of its insperation from this one:

1094232160.jpg

its from star wars battlefront and the front looks really similar to the lego's ship. obviously its not the same ship yet it does have some of the same elements ;-)

Well im a away for a day and look what happerens! What can i say that has not been said :-D I love the rebels like everone else and that AT-AP looks fantastic!! The droid pack looks like it is going to be a great army builder too! I think TLC is learning :-) I have mixed feelings about the RS and will wait for better pictures. Im sure i said that i thought the battle packs would not be hoth based, and i am glad that i was right because these sets look soooo good :-D *yoda* finaly got his rebels :-D could we be expecting a Tanive IV MOC from you. I hope so. With these great sets looks like another expensive lego year is coming. :-D

*yoda* finaly got his rebels :-D could we be expecting a Tanive IV MOC from you. I hope so.

Loooool yeay meessa so happy about those rebels !! Now we only need for '09 some Endor Bps and it will be so great *wub*

But in the meantime whare is my new Tie fighter >:-( Come on Bring a new Bomber to papa X-D

*yoda*

Loooool yeay meessa so happy about those rebels !! Now we only need for '09 some Endor Bps and it will be so great *wub*

But in the meantime whare is my new Tie fighter >:-( Come on Bring a new Bomber to papa X-D

*yoda*

09 already mate?? Now thats forward thinking X-D As for a new bomber or tie well i hope not, at least not for awhile.