Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

26 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I‘m still looking forward to whatever they end up releasing, but this does not bode well for any long-term plans :tongue: Now only two out of five movies are represented for certain, or three if the DoD reports were exaggerated.

Wait, what's this about the Dial of Destiny wave being canned? 

Just now, PGBQW said:

What car are we talking about? The one included in the plane set?

Yes. Sorry I wasn't clear.

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Wait, what's this about the Dial of Destiny wave being canned? 

Nothing reliable iirc, the guy with the Greedo profil picture just seems to doom and glooming and claim leakers are telling him privately that the temple of Doom was canned months ago, but then he can't even decide who told him.

@FoggyFate was the first one to bring it up. While on his recent Star Wars/Marvel/DC leak trip, he said there might be bad news coming in regards to Indy. We thought this was about the quality/selection of the DoD sets, but in hindsight this was likely hinting at the cancellation rumours :shrug_confused:

There must a rational reason though why the set numbers don‘t show up in retailer’s systems. Cancelling one set is silly enough, but an entire wave based on an upcoming movie would be the most idiotic thing they‘ve ever done :laugh_hard:

Personal theory: design flaw popped up with Temple of Doom. They push the set back/expedite a fix to address the issue, but also realize that releasing a single Indy set by itself may not go over so well. So they push back Dial of Destiny so that it essentially becomes a combined “wave 2”. But that’s presuming the sets were just delayed.

22 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Nothing reliable iirc, the guy with the Greedo profil picture just seems to doom and glooming and claim leakers are telling him privately that the temple of Doom was canned months ago, but then he can't even decide who told 

Edited by Legofan2001

2 minutes ago, Avoidberg said:

So they push back Dial of Destiny so that it essentially becomes a combined “wave 2”. But that’s presuming the sets were just delayed.

The DoD sets were never scheduled for April though. Come to think of it, they‘ve never had a release date attached to them. Or prices. Or part counts. 

…oh. I see where the leakers are coming from. But there must be a reason. Higher secrecy or something? 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

The DoD sets were never scheduled for April though. Come to think of it, they‘ve never had a release date attached to them. Or prices. Or part counts. 

…oh.

I don’t understand how we went from Indy is back with 10 sets by the end of the year! To JK enjoy your 3 random sets!

I mean, this could be because of Lucasfilm’s notorious need for secrecy, hence the complete lack of information on the DoD sets?

Saying that, Hasbro have already revealed their DoD toys in the Worlds of Adventure line, and have confirmed that figures from the film will be part of the 6” Adventure Series line later on. 

So honestly, who knows?

4 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

So honestly, who knows?

It is a bit suspicious that we don‘t know anything beyond the set numbers, but I don‘t think that means they‘re cancelled. Or so I hope, at least.

Do we have a similar case where that happened before? The Star Wars ST sets were notoriously shrouded in secrecy yet we still learned the prices and part counts quite early

You know what, just give me four modern Johnny Thunder sets and I'll call it good :)

1 hour ago, icm said:

You know what, just give me four modern Johnny Thunder sets and I'll call it good :)

I second that!

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It is a bit suspicious that we don‘t know anything beyond the set numbers, but I don‘t think that means they‘re cancelled. Or so I hope, at least.

Do we have a similar case where that happened before? The Star Wars ST sets were notoriously shrouded in secrecy yet we still learned the prices and part counts quite early

I think that this is the first example of its kind, at least that I can recall. The film has been delayed so many times that I’m sure it impacted the design lifecycle of these sets in some fashion at least.

Pessimism aside, I don’t think Lego would release a nostalgia wave for this theme if they didn’t intend to have any follow up sets. Let’s see how it pans out.

Indiana Jones 77015 The Golden Idol Temple

Want to bring a film legend back to life? Pay homage to Indiana Jones™ by building and displaying the richly detailed LEGO® Temple of the Golden Idol (77015) set. Immerse yourself in an experience Want to bring a film legend back to life? Pay homage to Indiana Jones™ by building and displaying the richly detailed LEGO® Temple of the Golden Idol (77015) set. Immerse yourself in an exciting building experience as you recreate the setting from the opening scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark, to be displayed with pride.

Interactive Indiana Jones movie set This LEGO Indiana Jones collector's model includes 4 minifigures (Indiana Jones, Satipo, Belloq and a Hovitos warrior) and is packed with interactive features. Turn the 4 buttons on the base to lower and light the idol, collapse a wall, swing Indiana Jones through the cave, open a trap door and see Indy chased by a huge boulder. the opening scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark, to display with pride. Interactive Indiana Jones movie set - This collectible LEGO Indiana Jones model includes 4 minifigures (Indiana Jones, Satipo, Belloq and a Hovitos warrior) and is packed with interactive features. Turn the 4 buttons on the base to lower and light up the idol, collapse a wall,

1 hour ago, Actor Builder said:

that sounds like it’s going to be twice as immersive, interactive, and collectible as we previously thought 

3 hours ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

Indiana Jones 77015 The Golden Idol Temple

Want to bring a film legend back to life? Pay homage to Indiana Jones™ by building and displaying the richly detailed LEGO® Temple of the Golden Idol (77015) set. Immerse yourself in an experience Want to bring a film legend back to life? Pay homage to Indiana Jones™ by building and displaying the richly detailed LEGO® Temple of the Golden Idol (77015) set. Immerse yourself in an exciting building experience as you recreate the setting from the opening scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark, to be displayed with pride.

Interactive Indiana Jones movie set This LEGO Indiana Jones collector's model includes 4 minifigures (Indiana Jones, Satipo, Belloq and a Hovitos warrior) and is packed with interactive features. Turn the 4 buttons on the base to lower and light the idol, collapse a wall, swing Indiana Jones through the cave, open a trap door and see Indy chased by a huge boulder. the opening scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark, to display with pride. Interactive Indiana Jones movie set - This collectible LEGO Indiana Jones model includes 4 minifigures (Indiana Jones, Satipo, Belloq and a Hovitos warrior) and is packed with interactive features. Turn the 4 buttons on the base to lower and light up the idol, collapse a wall,

I’m assuming this is translated and the ‘trap door’ is actually the arrows that shoot out from the side of the wall? 

1 hour ago, Actor Builder said:

that sounds like it’s going to be twice as immersive, interactive, and collectible as we previously thought 

:laugh: I see what you did there

You know what? I blame Mads Mikkelsen. He is friggin cursed. First Kaecilius, then Galen Erso, then Grindelwald, and now perhaps Voller.

Someone call an exorcist :tongue:

10 ore fa, l'attore costruttore ha detto:

Sembra che sarà due volte più coinvolgente, interattivo e da collezione come pensavamo in precedenza

:-D

3 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

An Indy figure with spiderweb on his face (presumably from 77015) has leaked on Instagram from the account bluebrickfr.

Hmmm, sad to say, but I’m not the biggest fan of the new hair/hat combo piece. The old one captured the proportions much better, at least judging by this picture. Maybe it’ll grow on me

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hmmm, sad to say, but I’m not the biggest fan of the new hair/hat combo piece. The old one captured the proportions much better, at least judging by this picture. Maybe it’ll grow on me

Agreed, though hopefully this is a Kuill situation where the leak just has a subtly bad angle.

I'll be honest, I'm not hot on the dark brown hair. Not only does it create an inconsistency with HF's other 80s character we have in minifig form, it's also just too dark for him regardless imo.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews