Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well, at least this seems to dispel the rumor that the plane set was cancelled (I have no idea how that one started but I remember a few days ago that someone brought it up).  Honestly, as much as I want the ToD set (I missed that one the first time around, so that and the Well of the Souls sets were my most wanted out of this wave), I'd really just like info on why it's supposedly postponed/cancelled, because that would at least give us some idea of whether or not we might actually see it.

In between, a picture for happy anticipation

zz_Archiv_20210827195934 LEGO Indiana Jones - Sammelfiguren 2-min.JPG

4 minutes ago, karrit said:

Only one is actually loading for me.  

Same here, 3 of the 4 pages are not found

8 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Well, at least this seems to dispel the rumor that the plane set was cancelled (I have no idea how that one started but I remember a few days ago that someone brought it up).  Honestly, as much as I want the ToD set (I missed that one the first time around, so that and the Well of the Souls sets were my most wanted out of this wave), I'd really just like info on why it's supposedly postponed/cancelled, because that would at least give us some idea of whether or not we might actually see it.

We need someone to get ahold of the instructions for the sets.

Seeing the instructions would be a dream yes, that would answer a lot of questions.

Above all, we would need more than that.

Lego 77015

The skulls at the front, which are supposed to trigger the traps, could be brick build. 1x2 Technic brick in tan, with two technic pins from behind on a 1x1 round plate in white, on a 1x1 round plate with bar or c-clamp or hinge

17 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I actually kinda like the new Indiana Jones mini figure, I just hope he comes with his satchel. 

I know 77013 has the satchel. So did 77014, but you know... So big chance it's included here as well.

A little bit of 1000-4000 grit sandpaper could easily fix that hat shape. Blasphemy. If it's duel molded then no issue with sanding it down a bit. The taper should be actually straight down from the crown. It appears that the hat just needs to do that and straighten out the ribbon on the hat as well. As for the hair, if it doesn't have a bunch of texture on it then it would be a simple sanding job as well. I'll test this out over the summer and see if it solves the issue. The shape of the hat has to meet LEGO standards for durability. 

We need a higher resolution for the printing. I wish they did duel molded legs with brown shoes. I'm excited for this updated figure. 

The Indiana Jones drawing, in the leaked set images, in the top right corner, looks very similar, like the leaked image of the mini figure.

In addition, the hat looks as if it were flexible rubber and not hard plastic. But the picture can be deceiving.

In general, I think that there are surprisingly few really meaningful leaks for these sets, considering that theoretically we only have a week until the possible official announcement and there are often sets where you can find high-resolution leak images weeks or months before release for other Lego themes.

I think it is very strange and almost alarming that there so few has leaked out about Indiana Jones when you consider the whole context, what happend the last days

2 hours ago, Portal Out said:

Also, I agree that it’s a weird choice to give this gruff, serious character a cutesy pouting face in an 18+ collectors set.

*Comes out of the bush* In general that’s how they’ve been designing a lot of characters nowadays. Y’all could join me in sending those comments in the lego surveys 🤭

Nice hair/hat piece, but the likeness overall isn’t there. The dark hair and eyebrows make him look even paler, as opposed to the lighter eyebrows/hair and tanned skin tone Indy had in the movies. I also thought the torso and legs were the old ones, but now I realized they’re even less detailed.

15 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Nice hair/hat piece, but the likeness overall isn’t there. The dark hair and eyebrows make him look even paler, as opposed to the lighter eyebrows/hair and tanned skin tone Indy had in the movies. I also thought the torso and legs were the old ones, but now I realized they’re even less detailed.

Not sure how hot of a take this is, but after seeing the figure I think Indy would've looked a lot better with the new warm tan color for his skin tone. He does look too pale here.

I really don't mind the minifigure head, considering it'll most likely going to be double sided. People also need to remember that the image of this minifigure is horribly photographed. The lighting and shadows in the image are all over the place. The color of the hands compared to the head look much different. I'm sure it'll look much better once official images release.

54 minutes ago, DrHenryJonesJr said:

I think it is very strange and almost alarming that there so few has leaked out about Indiana Jones

Is it really? These leaks have been quite major. Also, confirmation bias - no one remembers leaks that didn’t happen because they didn’t exist.

Hoping to see Jones Sr, Belloq, or Sallah next! Or better yet, an official reveal of the entire range (or more precisely, what‘s left of it :tongue:).

Also, I start to like the Indy minifig more every time I look at it

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I actually quite like the Indy figure, it’s not perfect but doesn’t rub me the wrong way regardless.

@THELEGOBATMAN Damn, links now take us to error pages on that website. Was anyone here able to read the descriptions before they were taken down?

31 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

Everyone should have been suspicious when the first listings appeared. The only set that was missing from those listings was 77014.

I really don’t understand what happened like what’s the point of bringing back Indiana Jones sets if you’re only making sets from 2/5 movies? At that point you’re just better off making massive D2C’s IMO.

38 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

I really don’t understand what happened like what’s the point of bringing back Indiana Jones sets if you’re only making sets from 2/5 movies? At that point you’re just better off making massive D2C’s IMO.

I mean, this is pretty clear, isn't it? At first it was 4/5, only missing the almost universally hated 4th film. Then the set for the second film was cut for unknown reasons (Hopefully a soon-to-be-fixed structural flaw and not some inane reason). We still have sets for the 1st and 3rd films, as well as likely those for the upcoming film.

I don’t hate the new minifigure but I’m still trying to decide if I’ll be able to like it as much as the original. I think they both look as much like Indiana Jones as the other they’re just different styles. The leg and body printing aren’t nearly as detailed as the original but they get the job done. I really can’t complain about the face printing, the original never looked much like Harrison Ford either. Just Han Solo with a beard. 

When did Lego start doing all their minifigures in the same cartoonish art style? I missed a few years…

Torn on the new hat mold. I don’t mind the dark brown for the hair (And I assume grey for the Dial of Destiny sets which will help differentiate a lot which is something that was missing for Crystal Skull variations) but the whole mold seems squashed down. I’m trying hard to like it so we’ll see !! 

7 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

@THELEGOBATMAN Damn, links now take us to error pages on that website. Was anyone here able to read the descriptions before they were taken down?

It's an error on their side, but the descriptions are there. Just go to one of the links and type any of the four set numbers in the search bar — the only one that won't work is 77014.

I‘m gonna pretend 77012, 77013, and 77015 are all there is and ever was to this theme. No real point in getting excited for anything beyond that anymore :tongue: Just trying to avoid more disappointment as much as possible.

They’re cool sets individually, but this is not as grand of a revival as I was hoping for, especially compared to the 2012 Superheroes, 2018 HP, and 2023 LOTR ones. It does outdo the 2019 Toy Story revival at least :laugh_hard:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I‘m gonna pretend 77012, 77013, and 77015 are all there is and ever was to this theme. No real point in getting excited for anything beyond that anymore :tongue: Just trying to avoid more disappointment as much as possible.

They’re cool sets individually, but this is not as grand of a revival as I was hoping for, especially compared to the 2012 Superheroes, 2018 HP, and 2023 LOTR ones. It does outdo the 2019 Toy Story revival at least :laugh_hard:

There is literally just one LOTR set in 2023 and we don‘t know if we‘ll ever get more.. 

8 minutes ago, LegoAUT said:

There is literally just one LOTR set in 2023 and we don‘t know if we‘ll ever get more.. 

We also have LOTR BrickHeadz and the survey leak suggests Barad-dûr is coming. 

That‘s more than can be said for Indy, which may not even continue beyond April as far as we currently know :shrug_confused:

On 2/21/2023 at 10:40 AM, Portal Out said:

Lego designing a set that violates their own standards, sitting on it for two years, panicking when they realize that they're making a children's toy with a human sacrifice altar, then canceling it a month before release would be the most in-character blunder they've ever made and one of the funniest things they've ever done.

In retrospect, it's still kind of baffling in the first place that they had the opportunity to make a fun minecart set with their super popular roller coaster system, a car chase set with a bunch of cute old-timey cars, or even a playset base on the iconic bridge scene, and they chose the borderline racist option :def_shrug:

Before the rumor of the set cancelation/ delay I was hoping for a minecart set to connect with the ToD.

I am expecting  them to have a minecart/ roller coaster  like set bc of their two large rollercoaster sets