Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Pulp Detective said:

My speculation is January, at least for the first wave.  The 2nd wave will drop probably in April, since the movie comes out in June and usually movie based waves release 2 months in advance. 

Ah, yes, now that you say it, I think you are right.  If we don't know the exact number of pieces count for 77015, then it must be a January wave...

In the meantime, as others were alluding, here's a sampling of some of the current going prices for the original sets.  If you CAGR that out over 14 years, it's between about 8% and 18% per annum...  Pretty decent, and perhaps it's no surprise that the top three all come from the first movie.  So how does that compare versus other themes?

The Lost Tomb (The Well of Souls, Tanis) = originally $20, now $200, a full 10x increase...!

Race for the Stolen Treasure (truck and jeep) = originally $30, now $200, a 6.6x increase

Fight on the Flying Wing = originally $50, now $280, a 5.6x increase

Shanghai Chase = originally $30, now $150, a 5x increase

Fighter Plane Attack = originally $50, now $218, a 4.3x increase

Temple of Doom = originally $90, now $369, a 4x increase

Temple of the Crystal Skull = originally $80, now $288, a 3.6x increase

Temple Escape (Rolling Boulder, Peru) = originally $60, now $210, a 3.5x increase

Jungle Cutter = originally $40, now $130, a 3.25x increase

Venice Canal Chase = originally $40, now $120, an exact 3x increase

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

8 hours ago, The Real Indiana Jones said:

Ah, yes, now that you say it, I think you are right.  If we don't know the exact number of pieces count for 77015, then it must be a January wave...

77015 could either be a relatively cheap D2C type set or maybe a store exclusive,that could be the reason as to why we don't have enough about it just yet.We'll have to wait and see.

22 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

Temple of Doom was the only set I didn’t get from the original lineup !! My second chance approaches

*oh2*

Welcome back to EB!

The spam poet has returned! 

The absolute cherry on the cake would be a new Lego Indiana Jones game with all 5 films. 

On 7/29/2022 at 3:14 PM, Robert8 said:

*oh2*

Welcome back to EB!

ya I’m here!! Congrats on finishing Series A-Z buddy :)

Obviously I’ve been out of the loop on LEGO for a few years, how soon can we expect images for these sets, assuming a January release?

12 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

how soon can we expect images for these sets, assuming a January release?

October, November? (I presume)

On 8/14/2022 at 3:49 AM, Actor Builder said:

ya I’m here!! Congrats on finishing Series A-Z buddy :)

Obviously I’ve been out of the loop on LEGO for a few years, how soon can we expect images for these sets, assuming a January release?

Star wars tends to get them around thanksgiving (late november for those not in the states), and since it's another lucasfilm property, maybe then? On the other hand, we already have detailed descriptions for these sets, and we don't even know the names of any SW january sets. So they might be releasing earlier.

Considering the delay of the movie and how the sets should have already released and are probably sitting in a storage waiting to be shipped out I think we will get leaks much earlier.

12 minutes ago, Pulp Detective said:

Considering the delay of the movie and how the sets should have already released and are probably sitting in a storage waiting to be shipped out I think we will get leaks much earlier.

Nah, the delay of the film has been announced early enough for set production to be postponed accordingly. Otherwise, we would‘ve seen plenty of factory leaks already! :tongue:

Heck if the sets had been completely readied then LEGO would've done the learners' job themselves and put the sets in a catalogue like they did for Eternals.

It was delayed nearly two years ago, so I don't think that will affect the reveal date whatsoever. 

They might take the Avatar route tho, making a grander type of reveal — teasing the return of this theme, announcing it, revealing the first set, and then revealing all the others. 

This would be the reason why we might get pictures sooner than for other themes.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It was delayed nearly two years ago, so I don't think that will affect the reveal date whatsoever. 

The final delay from July 2022 to June 2023 was only announced last October :tongue: Still early enough to easily adjust set production though.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They might take the Avatar route tho, making a grander type of reveal — teasing the return of this theme, announcing it, revealing the first set, and then revealing all the others. 

I certainly hope that‘s the case! If Minions and Trolls deserved a fancy announcement, then so does Indy :laugh:

D23 is right around the corner, but I doubt we’ll get an announcement there. At least we might get to see some new stills from the movie plus an overdue title reveal! At this point, I‘ll take anything :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

D23 is right around the corner, but I doubt we’ll get an announcement there. At least we might get to see some new stills from the movie plus an overdue title reveal! At this point, I‘ll take anything :shrug_oh_well:

I have a feeling that if they do reveal the Indy sets officially it will be after the release of the avatar sets,meaning somewhere around October.Even though I hope we'll get some leaks before then.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The final delay from July 2022 to June 2023 was only announced last October :tongue: Still early enough to easily adjust set production though.

Bruh, for some reason my brain saw "2021" and thought "Mhm, that's gotta be... two years ago." :jollyroger:

Yeah, so it's just been ten months. The point still stands tho — plenty of time to smoothly delay everything.

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bruh, for some reason my brain saw "2021" and thought "Mhm, that's gotta be... two years ago." :jollyroger:

I don‘t blame you. The last two years have melted into one in my mind. If it wasn‘t for  the LEGO release schedule, I couldn‘t tell them apart :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, Pulp Detective said:

I have a feeling that if they do reveal the Indy sets officially it will be after the release of the avatar sets,meaning somewhere around October.

If the first wave gets released in January, which I hope is the case, they‘ll be revealed in late October/early November anyway, as that‘s when we see official pictures for most of the January releases :classic:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I don‘t blame you. The last two years have melted into one in my mind. If it wasn‘t for  the LEGO release schedule, I couldn‘t tell them apart :laugh_hard:

For real, my most common way of pinpointing points in time is using movie release dates, or eventually LEGO sets release dates :grin:

So the sets based on the original movies have a chance of coming early 2023? I am very interested in the temple of doom set as I've always wanted original one from 2007 but I missed out on it :,(

4 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

So the sets based on the original movies have a chance of coming early 2023? I am very interested in the temple of doom set as I've always wanted original one from 2007 but I missed out on it :,(

Oh yeah, they most definitely will.

They were the first 2023 sets we got descriptions for, so it's to assume they'll come out in January. 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh yeah, they most definitely will.

They were the first 2023 sets we got descriptions for, so it's to assume they'll come out in January. 

I can think of three scenarios:

• Classic sets in January, Indy 5 in April
  • Classic sets in April, Indy 5 in June
  • All sets in April

While I‘d vastly prefer the first option, the second one is pretty likely too, considering that’s what they‘re doing with Avatar (classic sets two months before the new movie, sets based on the new movie shortly before or after release)

56 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I can think of three scenarios:

• Classic sets in January, Indy 5 in April
  • Classic sets in April, Indy 5 in June
  • All sets in April

While I‘d vastly prefer the first option, the second one is pretty likely too, considering that’s what they‘re doing with Avatar (classic sets two months before the new movie, sets based on the new movie shortly before or after release)

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't get detailed descriptions so soon if the sets didn't come out in Winter 2023.

I'm gonna stick to OG wave in January, and Indy 5 wave in April / May.

34 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't get detailed descriptions so soon if the sets didn't come out in Winter 2023.

Usually, I‘d agree. But with delayed sets, you never know if pictures haven‘t started circulating sooner than they should‘ve, like the Eternals catalogue pics :laugh:

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Usually, I‘d agree. But with delayed sets, you never know if pictures haven‘t started circulating sooner than they should‘ve, like the Eternals catalogue pics :laugh:

I don't see why we should consider the indy sets as delayed.

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Considering that’s what they‘re doing with Avatar (classic sets two months before the new movie, sets based on the new movie shortly before or after release)

I think avatar is an exception,every other movie based wave that released this year,came out 2 or 3 months before it's respective movie.Like buzz lightyear and jurassic world.

Edited by Pulp Detective