Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

CDC1 Tower: Harburg's Southern Watchtower

Felt great to do building for a GoH challenge again! :dsweet:

The tower style is largely based on my previous Harburg Castle, which is nearly 5 years old now. Crazy.
And the roof is the same basic design, and you can find our tutorial for that here.

Lord Karsten always makes it a point to personally inspect the various watchtowers situated around Harburg’s borders several times a year, and often Eryl or Elise accompanies him. Recently Historica has enjoyed a time of relative peace, but Karsten won’t let his men fall into carelessness.

51149913572_49172f3175_c.jpg

low-21.jpg

close-32.jpg

guard-24.jpg

Few more pictures on Brickbuilt.

Great brick-built flags at the top of your tower - I need to try this in my MOC building.

I like the subtle texturing of the roof with the dark brown and black tiles/ingots.

The various stone techniques in the different parts of the tower are interesting.  The 1x2 with horizontal bars coming out is an interesting choice.  You did a great job with the lighting on the dark bley tower and keeping everything else from being too washed out.  Having the dark bley building and light bley rocks give nice variety amongst other MOCs.

p.s. good job on the Minecraft Bee Farm set.

Great looking tower.  I like the white 1x2 plates with the bars, gives an interesting texture to the build.  I like the black and brown roof.  The layered plates and rockwork looks great.  Figs look good too, I like the rogue torsos.  Nice design on the trees also.  

Cool to see a larger castle build from you again, really nice job on the texture here and I also love the little window section in brown sticking out!  Also love the flag design, simple but the perfect wave.

The tower is neat, really great snotwork, also like the rock work and that tree is really cool.

Very nice!  I like the stonework on the sides and above the door.  The 'inverted' color scheme (DBG with LBG hilights instead of the opposite) looks nice.  NPU on 3839.  Well done with the curved slopes on the corners of the tower, too.  I'm glad to see you're still building for Mitgardia!

The handlebar technique for offset bricks is rather inspired SK.  And, that little wooden section on the side is just lovely (they make reddish brown ingots????? :oh:) as are the trees--they almost seem like a more detailed evolution of the flex tubing tree trunks that were everywhere a while back.

I can't say switching the brickwork technique in the middle section works very well to my eye though.  I might have kept the studs-on-top construction throughout.

The proud gold and green banner flapping on top fills me with pride and joy!

I'm loving the mix of brick-on-top-of-brick + Snot + brick-on-top-of-brick base on the tower. The pointy roof is exquisite too! Great use of wood tones, and the lean trees as vegetation are a nice touch to a rather warm place in Mitgardia. 
And the use of the handlebar piece.. huh! Such an interesting addition. 

All hail the yellow-green flag of the northern folk! 
Skol!

Lots of techniques I haven't seen here. I missed a lot the last few years, but it's always nice to do a close look at one of your builds. They always seem to have new techniques and new parts use, but the finished results have a consistent style and level of quality.