syzygy87

[MOC] Chevrolet Chevelle SS 1970

Hi everyone, this is my latest MOC.

Scale 1:10,5

(Power) functions: 2xL motor, servo motor, big battery box, lights; + 2 manual gears; + full suspension, working steering wheel.

Please - watch the video! I will be grateful for your feedback. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd-9he01FF8[

51109230588_ed650e057a.jpg1.1 (2) by Jakub Marcisz, on Flickr
51110083620_45ef4ff769.jpg8 by Jakub Marcisz, on Flickr

51109074174_cd07462e45.jpg2 by Jakub Marcisz, on Flickr

51109309391_54d3383541.jpg8,5 by Jakub Marcisz, on Flickr
51108728762_47d416455e.jpg9 by Jakub Marcisz, on Flickr
51108720772_0da72dbdfe.jpg10 by Jakub Marcisz, on Flickr
51109287691_b8ea1d490e.jpgIMG_20210409_105656 by Jakub Marcisz, on Flickr
51108710472_c241e6954c.jpgIMG_20210409_105749 by Jakub Marcisz, on Flickr
51108764407_e9d6e2f8d4.jpgIMG_20210409_110332 by Jakub Marcisz, on Flickr
51109018699_c733f97d89.jpgIMG_20210409_110417 by Jakub Marcisz, on Flickr

Edited by syzygy87

Gorgeous! One point I would mention would be to better conceal the IR receiver. Great build overall!

Very nice build. I like the integration of that technic panel into the system bricks in the rear. 

But the IR recieves really bothers me.

Looks great!  It would take a bit of re-working, but if you wanted to conceal the IR receiver a bit better you could add a hood scoop and stick it in there.  :wink:  But the necessity of that being somewhat visible somewhere doesn't detract from the overall design.  One of my favorite little details is the hand crank for the windows - nice!  :classic:

Thank you all! Feedback is very important to me (not just praise).

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

Very nice build. I like the integration of that technic panel into the system bricks in the rear. 

But the IR recieves really bothers me.

Yes, you are all absolutely right, it bothers a lot of people, including me ;) However, the change would involve strong interference with the entire chassis of the car. Of course at the beginning I planned to put IR in this place, but much lower. During construction I changed shock absorbers mounts and pushed the place for IR higher. I don't know if I should redesign everything now, because it will take some work ;) I think I'd rather focus on something new... but I will definitely be careful in the future not to do it again.;)

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

I'm glad you noticed that. I was looking for quite a long time for the right part, and I had the solution right in front of me, on my desk. 42107 Ducati has this part ;)

Edited by syzygy87

6 hours ago, syzygy87 said:

this is my last MOC.

Great model!

I hope you meant "latest" and not "last" MOC ;-)

Edited by Andman

1 hour ago, Andman said:

I hope you meant "latest" and not "last" MOC ;-)

I hope so too.. What a language failure :) 

40 minutes ago, Scoar Sonander said:

Deciding whether this should go in Technic or scale modeling was probably your greatest challenge...   lovely! :wub:

I chose Technic Model Team, but after a while I found the topic here. So I think I chose wrong ;)

On 4/17/2021 at 5:45 PM, syzygy87 said:

I hope so too.. What a language failure :) 

I chose Technic Model Team, but after a while I found the topic here. So I think I chose wrong ;)

Model Team for life!  

Absolutely awesome! I love the combination of technic functions and model team look. And the whole thing remote controlled is the cherry on the top :-)

Looks really good and this car was the first hot rod I had back in the late 70's, so it's always been on of my favorites. That big block would really chew up the pavement, lol.

One area though, I think would benefit from some minor changes, is the lower front portion of the front fenders, where the bumper meets the fender. Looks a little too flat and box like.

Never the less it doesn't change the fact that you have built a fantastic model with a special place in my heart. Thanks for sharing.

Hi! Wondering if you sell step by step instructions with brick list for this build? Looking to give as a gift and am hoping you do!

On 8/14/2023 at 8:23 PM, bzep said:

Hi! Wondering if you sell step by step instructions with brick list for this build? Looking to give as a gift and am hoping you do!

I found the author's builds on rebrickable while looking at his more recent posts.

Here is the link to the model you are requesting: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-75243/syzygy87/chevrolet-chevelle-ss-1970-rc-full-suspension/#details