Here's another topic that may get booted out of the Technic section for looking too detailed :rofl:

Ideas link: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/73fc6d39-20c6-4f9f-9473-c6ed35396d09

Photos: https://bricksafe.com/pages/sariel/classic-us-truck-rc

I present a simple, nearly minifig-scale truck based on the classic Kenworth W900 in a flat top sleeper variant. The idea behind submitting it to Ideas was that since LEGO keeps making simple RC cars such as 421090 and 42124, then why not a simple RC truck? I was inspired by the excellent Mack Anthem set, but eventually drifted towards building the body with System pieces because at this scale I couldn't get a decent detail level with Technic. So it's a System body on a Technic chassis, and the functions are as follows:

• remotely controlled drive & steering with a working steering wheel
  • opening doors and hood
  • removable back of the sleeper (for changing batteries), the Control+ hub activated by turning the round tile on truck's roof
  • trailer with parking outriggers and opening doors
  • reasonably realistic hitching action (the trailer lowers onto the fifth wheel when you manually retract the outriggers)

Any votes are appreciated and a full video is below:

Edited by Sariel

16 minutes ago, Karle said:

It looks good, I'd buy one.  What is the scale of the model?

Shhh , If he keeps the scale quiet, it has more chance of staying out of the scale section! :roflmao:

1 hour ago, Scoar Sonander said:

Posted 8 minutes ago: Already 486 supporters... great work! :wub:

549 - Not sure if I would have mentioned the Kenworth inspiration, as you may run into licensing issues.

No question it will be fully supported by the community in no time.  As it well should be.   Great model with true potential for Lego Ideas.  Question is on TLG's end.....will THEY support it...

Great job, thxs for sharing..

3 hours ago, Karle said:

It looks good, I'd buy one.  What is the scale of the model?

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea. Dimensions of the model are listed on the Ideas page, though, if that's what you're looking for.

Edited by Sariel

Very well packed! Supported of course!

My only minor pickle would be windshield pillars (red) not reaching the roof. Otherwise really nice design. :thumbup: