marvelBoy123

[M13 - Devaron - TT] Life on the Farm

*Your entry has earned 10 XP*

Since its formation, the CFS had aimed to help farmers, tradesmen and settlers. Ordinary folk. Just the kind of people that all the big galactic governments had forgotten about. The CFS had hoped that the New Republic might be better. They hadn't been to ooptimistic and they had been right not to be. Early after its formation, the New Republic had subsided the crops grown by small unmechanised farms to help the many settlers who had been displaced. But it had only been so long before corruption had got in the way. Under pressure from big Agri-corporations, the New Republic had ended the scheme, endangering the livelihoods of millions of farmers. Luckily the CFS had been there to help its members. A CFS business that worked on building new vehicles from scraps had helped farmer by providing farm machinery at the cheapest rates. The new AMV-7 hover-tractor was made from the wreckages of old CIS vehicles and fulfilled a range of jobs around the farm. 

800x859.jpg

800x829.jpg

While Bodonawieedo the Rodian farmer was returning from a hard day's work he could have sworn he heard strange noises coming from his trailer. To his surprise it seemed like one of the Gungans who worked on the farm had become stuck in the trailer. Amid cries of 'wheresa mesa?' 'whatsa happening' and 'someone please be helpen mesa!' Bodonawieedo brought the hover tractor to a stop and helped the confused Gungan out of the trailer. He had offered the local Gungan settlers employment when they arrived because he had felt sorry for them but sometimes he regretted his decision. They were loud and clumsy but at least they were more agreeable than the locals.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Spoiler

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

640x800.jpg

Some views of the vehicle and the concept art that inspired it. Credit to RocketBoy and everyone else who gave input on concept art.

I've been wanting to make a star wars agricultural vehicle for a while and this LTC seemed like the perfect opportunity - certainly nice to tell a positive story about the CFS for once :wink:. The agricultural side of star wars was always something I wanted to see expanded - in a galaxy where entire worlds are devoted to agriculture the preference for manual labour rather than mechanised agriculture seemed strange to me so it was certainly cool to work on something a bit different. 

Edited by goatman461

Without the story, already its a fun build.
Love that SW tractor build. Faithful to the concept artwork

Great work, that tractor turned out great, and perfect for SW. Love the alien farmers and the nice, easygoing atmosphere.

20 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

There's some great comedy here. Lovely work.

19 hours ago, n1majneb said:

Without the story, already its a fun build.
Love that SW tractor build. Faithful to the concept artwork

19 hours ago, Simulterious said:

A nice quiet build, really fits the theme of everyday life!

19 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

This one is gorgeous and certainly the most accomplished for depicting an everyday life diorama.

thumb up ! :thumbup:

19 hours ago, Jody Meyer said:

this is just awesome.

18 hours ago, Brickwolf said:

The build has a really bucolic vibe! Great tractor!

18 hours ago, RocketBoy said:

Great work, that tractor turned out great, and perfect for SW. Love the alien farmers and the nice, easygoing atmosphere.

Thanks everyone! Glad I was able to capture the feeling of everyday life in the countryside - it is nice to tell a more peaceful story and the CFS seemed perfect for that. As for the tractor, it once of the first times that I really worked from concept art so I'm glad that came across well. I had spent a lot of time trying to make a floating combine harvester but vehicles aren't really my strength so I was glad to be able to make the tractor idea work instead. 

Great tractor and nice Gungan figs! My only complaint is the base isn't as good as the one you build for the Mining Guild. But it's a small complaint.