Sign in to follow this  

Here is a little house set in Varlyrio that served as a prize in the 2020 Summer Joust.
It was compliant with the restrictions of the Purist Parts category: "Only 1x1 brick with stud on one side, 1x2 brick with two studs on one side, and 1x4 brick with four studs on one side are allowed outside of traditional square plates and bricks. All other elements are not allowed to be used visibly, or inside your model."

Which was a real challenge, especially at this scale. 

overview-6.jpg

left-4.jpg

Thanks for looking, feedback welcome :dsweet:

The upside down roof is really nice, makes me want to try it on a larger building!

I liked the upside down roof as well - fits very well for this category/restrictions.  It seems like it would be out-of-place in a normal MOC, but maybe not - at a low angle (as you have pictured) it would look good anywhere.

Maybe you could have added a brick built, square, figure, to give a sense of scale? Great job on the bottom-up roofing, though :thumbup:

Cute little build!  I like the colors and the upside down roof.  Interestingly, had you not done the roof upside down, if you had say done it in tiles, I don't think I would have liked the plate accents on the corners, but as it is, it looks good.  Obviously, you had the part restriction, which is why I'm pointing out that you made it work, because I think deserves applause.  Nice build!

Edited by Grover

Every builder ought to have this in their favorites really.  Nice to be reminded what you can do with only the most basic elements and some talent for picking colors.  Awesome work on this trophy, and a (very) belated thank you for running the Joust!