Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Grindotts would still work as standalone set so it wouldnt matter that getting complete Diagon Alley would be crazy expansive for most people. If they cant afford complete Diagon Alley they can just choose either Gringotts or DA.

I personally feel a bit bummed. I prefer having potential excitement for a few months and even if it doesn't exactly meet expectations, at least when it revealed and not what I was hoping for there is still generally something I'm happy with. Instead I just feel bummed six months in advance. :sceptic: That's just me though. Happy it helps those who need to be prepared in advance for disappointment though. :sweet: But I do miss people discussing the things they were excited about more than the discussion on what is the worst it can be. Lol.

I would love a buildable display piece of the Cursed Child prototype Time-Turner as a 120 $ set. They could make it spin and build in a light-brick, along with a small minifig-stand with three exclusive minifigs, so that we can replay our favourite scene like the timeline, where Cedric is a Death-Eater or the Polyjuice-Potion scene with Albus, Scorpius and Hermione in the Ministry of Magic. There is so much potential for great sets in the future of the Harry Potter franchise!

I'm very excited about the June wave, it's not dissimilar from the number of sets we usually get so anything good in August is a bonus.

"Lowering expectations" could mean many things.  For instance, if we still got a Gringotts D2C but no regular DH and just remakes then this would be disappointing for many who were looking forward to a DH wave.

Having said that, I can see us getting a couple of remakes based on previous posts:

- PS/CoS Hagrid's Hut with Norbert, Fang, golden Dumbledore. This seems really quite likely to me and would still have some appeal to owners of the PoA Hagrid's Hut.

- PoA Quidditch is another one that would sell well and complete the stadium if you like with the second set of goal hoops.

But the thing I'm most expecting from the "lower expectations" advice is non-minifig scale sets. Perhaps could see:

- Buildable/mechanical creature similar to Hedwig, could be Buckbeak, Crookshanks chasing scabbers, Dobby

- Buildable object in human scale, could be the elder wand, slytherin's locket, golden snitch, philosopher's stone.

I am certain that we will get DH sets at some point.  Lego has been so thorough with this theme and they're obviously aware of the missing scenes/figs and our desire for them.  So I'm just trying not to rule anything out, it's obvious to me that a Gringotts is in the pipeline for some point and so are DH sets.  Some of the non-standard sets (Hedwig, Hogwarts moments books) have been pleasant surprises anyway.  Thanks to @Guyon2002 and @Falconfan1414 for giving us a heads up that this is going to be an unpredictable wave!

7 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

But I do miss people discussing the things they were excited about more than the discussion on what is the worst it can be. Lol.

Same. But we need to be realistic here, after that warning it makes no sense to be excited about that wave anymore, it would only set us up for disappointment :shrug_oh_well:

This is why we should focus on the June stuff instead, at least we know what we’re getting there. And it sounds like it holds the same level of quality we’re used to with this theme :thumbup:

Speaking of which: has anyone mentioned the way the windows of the Honeydukes shop are constructed, because stonewars described it in their article :classic: Apparently it’s going to be printed half-cylinder pieces, similar to how a lot of the windows in DA were done, albeit with different shapes. Maybe this helps us to estimate the size of the Hogsmeade buildings a bit better :sweet:

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Speaking of which: has anyone mentioned the way the windows of the Honeydukes shop are constructed, because stonewars described it in their article :classic: Apparently it’s going to be printed half-cylinder pieces, similar to how a lot of the windows in DA were done, albeit with different shapes. Maybe this helps us to estimate the size of the Hogsmeade buildings a bit better :sweet:

They'll most likely be printed but I'd still take it with a grain of salt for now :wink:

33 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Some fan designers basically did the heavy lifting for them already on the Hogsmeade facades:

The half cylinders fit perfectly into MartinOt's rendition of Honey-Dukes (size-wise Honey-Dukes will probably be a little bit smaller and less detailed). The three broom-sticks are probably what we can expect in the best case at that price point. Just erase the cart and the building in the middle:

webp

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/fa395293-eda9-4603-83cc-aac44c1052cb/application/9a0b44ec-21df-4dd6-b83d-e279b19fa8e4

The versions of Scarlett patronus are also pretty much along a set I could see Lego release (minus the 3 other buildings and the cart):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ09sibJd5X/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

According to Stonewars the colour scheme for Honey-Dukes is medium nougat and green which would mean that MartinOt's stonework fits. The Three-Broomsticks however will have golden window lattices and a dark tan with reddish brown colour scheme. Snow on the roofs fits again

Edited by Metanoios91

So now that we have the basic line up for the first wave and the figures contained therein. Which characters are left that you all feel we are still desperately lacking? Rita and Narcissa are the only two I constantly have coming to mind. I know there's other background characters, and I know we have discussed this after the last wave. But I feel potential Crabbe, Goyle, Cat Hermione, Professor Sinestra, Colin Creevy and Justin Finch Fletchley are filling some nice holes.

I've decided i'm still going to remain excited about the second wave as none of the sets we are getting come close to my initial thoughts/expectations, but I now that I've seen what we are getting I am still super excited about them. Deathly Hallows would be nice. But we are getting some awesome gaps filled in our collections :laugh: Besides personally other than Gringotts there's not too much from Deathly Hallows I feel is a must have for me.

Also, don't really know why, but the Gold Figures are kind of exciting to me too.

Edited by chris6507

I'd be surprised if it's another Hagrid's Hut already. I expect another eventually (especially since the previous one was even given a sub-title to differentiate it), but doesn't Star Wars even wait longer than two years to do remakes? Although I'd love a Fang... Also, I think Snape's classroom is out due to the fact that it came in January's Moments sets.

I think a sensible thing to do would be to look at what's been discontinued. Aragog's Lair and Quidditch Match are both retired from 2018; I could see a new Quidditch set, Aragog seems less likely. Of course we know that the Great Hall and Whomping Willow (and presumably Hogwarts Express, although it's not on Brickfanatics' list) were meant to retire in 2020 but Lego kept producing them because they were selling really well while our governments kept us under house arrest. Expecto Patronum, Hungarian Horntail, Beauxbatons' Carriage and Rise of Voldemort all retired from 2019 (the Knight Bus was meant to join them but was kept in production). I personally can't see them remaking any of those sets yet. 

Yes we are getting some really exciting new minifigures. Personally I would like to get non POA Sirius, Werewolf Lupin, Madam Pomfrey, Igor Karkarof and some regular Deatheater with hood in future sets as well.

Edited by Textorix

15 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yes we are getting some really exciting new minifigures. Personally I would like to get non POA Sirius, Werewolf Lupin, Madam Pomfrey, Igor Karkarof and some regular Deatheater with hood in future sets as well.

Oh yes, completely forgot Madam Pomfrey. She is top 3 for sure. A non-prison Sirius would definitely be nice to have. But i'm just glad we got him in general. I keep getting excited about all these new minifigures year after year and then put them in a container. Got to the point its feeling too much work to find places for them all in my Hogwarts display! :laugh:

What's everyone imagining when they say the 3 broomsticks wont be it's full width? Maybe just a corner build with only two walls?

20 minutes ago, Textorix said:

[...] some regular Deatheater with hood in future sets as well.

That’s near the top of my wishlist as well, one of the few things both of the previous iterations of the theme included that this one is still missing. Granted, the 2010/11 one was technically just Lucius and the 2007 one had no torso print and was supposed to represent an actual Death Eater and the RoR dummy both at once :laugh:

I hope they release a battle-pack type set at one point, maybe even an accessory pack or something. This year’s will probably be Quidditch-based, so maybe next year :shrug_oh_well:

11 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Got to the point its feeling too much work to find places for them all in my Hogwarts display! :laugh:

I had the same problem with not having enough space in my layout to display every minifigure so I just bought one large display frame for like 100 minifigures so I can put some minifigs or their duplicates there.

1 hour ago, Metanoios91 said:

Some fan designers basically did the heavy lifting for them already on the Hogsmeade facades:

The half cylinders fit perfectly into MartinOt's rendition of Honey-Dukes (size-wise Honey-Dukes will probably be a little bit smaller and less detailed). The three broom-sticks are probably what we can expect in the best case at that price point. Just erase the cart and the building in the middle:

webp

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/fa395293-eda9-4603-83cc-aac44c1052cb/application/9a0b44ec-21df-4dd6-b83d-e279b19fa8e4

The versions of Scarlett patronus are also pretty much along a set I could see Lego release (minus the 3 other buildings and the cart):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ09sibJd5X/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

According to Stonewars the colour scheme for Honey-Dukes is medium nougat and green which would mean that MartinOt's stonework fits. The Three-Broomsticks however will have golden window lattices and a dark tan with reddish brown colour scheme. Snow on the roofs fits again

These are lovely. I can understand trying to go for the lowest price point possible for Hogsmeade, but it would be so nice if the building were this detailed.

I'm going to have a go at channeling my inner darkness and create a set list I (and probably most of the people in this forum) wouldn't want or expect: 

• Hagrid's Hut, either Philosopher's Stone or Chamber of Secrets variant. Building designed to fit in with the Anniversary Green-Roofed Hogwarts sets. Philosopher's Stone version would have Hagrid, the Trio and the Draco from Diagon Alley. Chamber of Secrets version would have Aragog. NO Fang 
  • Snape's Potion Classroom designed to fit with the Anniversary Hogwarts sets. 
  • A Quidditch Lesson with Harry, Neville, Draco, Hooch and a bit of castle to reenact the Remembrall scene
  • Giant Hogwarts Express set with Hogsmede station to fit in with the other Hogsmede set. Has the exact same characters as the 2018 but with the trio having mid-legs and no Trolley Witch. 
  • Either a buildable Norbert, Fawkes or Nagini to fit with the buildable Hedwig. 

I would just like to say I wouldn't mind a Philosopher's Stone Forbidden Forest set, especially if it came cloaked Voldemort, Firenze or a Unicorn but I'm imagining the worst case scenario which in this case is a Hagrid's Hut with only a couple of new variants and no new characters :devil:

Do I want DH sets? Yes absolutely as I have never owned any and hardly any were ever made anyway. But I don't mind waiting for them. I'm pretty much happy with anything we get so long as the standard of sets remains as good as it started out as and so long as Lego does cover all the films in the end. 

7 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

*horrendous list*

Well done, that would be the absolute worst case scenario while still being fairly realistic :laugh:

15 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

These are lovely. I can understand trying to go for the lowest price point possible for Hogsmeade, but it would be so nice if the building were this detailed.

This indeed looks lovely, but there’s no way they could release something like that below $300 :shrug_oh_well: I’m sure the set we’re getting will be worth it, we just shouldn’t compare it to this fan design :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

So now that we have the basic line up for the first wave and the figures contained therein. Which characters are left that you all feel we are still desperately lacking?

Some more generic minifigures would be great. Masked Death Eaters from OotP. Dementors (OotP / DH style). Suits of armor / knight statues.

Edited by Graupensuppe

1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

I think a sensible thing to do would be to look at what's been discontinued. Aragog's Lair

Yes, I can see it being remade - but now with Ford Anglia for the easier escape :head_back:

Spoiler

(but honestly I'd be down for that if finally meant inclusion of Fang)

And 250$ D2C is Hogwarts Express on viaduct and Ford Anglia "flying" around - such an iconic scene!. Of course both Anglias must be different from previous ones and still not fit Harry and Ron side by side

Edited by BenderBrau

Just now, Graupensuppe said:

Dementors (OotP / DH style).

Dementors minifigs we got in latest sets achieved absolute perfection in my opinion.  I dont think Lego would make new moulds and prints for OotP Dementorts. 

Just to add to the discussion of figures we're missing, here's a list of the characters with the most screentime and mentions in the books that we haven't had yet:

Screentime Mins   Book Mentions
Narcissa Malfoy 6.75   Percy Weasley 486
Barty Crouch Sr 5.25   Kreacher 312
Percy Weasley 5   Bill Weasley 302
Xenophilius Lovegood 5   Barty Crouch Sr 295
Fang 3.5   Ludo Bagman 246
Rita Skeeter 3.5   Rita Skeeter 188
Scabior 3.5   Igor Karkaroff 165
Aberforth Dumbledore 3.5   Peeves 164
Igor Karkaroff 3.25   Winky 162
Nigel 3   Poppy Pomfrey 156
Kreacher 3   Rufus Scrimgeor 153
Mundungus Fletcher 3   Mundungus Fletcher 147
Bogrod 3   Angelina Johnson 135
Katie Bell 2.75   Xenophilius Lovegood 124
Marge Dursely 2.75   Katie Bell 116
Rufus Scrimgeor 2.5   Charlie Weasley 110
Cormac McLaggen 2.5   Lee Jordan 109
Blaise Zabini 2.5   Fang 105
Poppy Pomfrey 2.25   Ernie Macmillan 92
Helena Ravenclaw 2.25   Narcissa Malfoy 89

The sets obviously more closely follow the films but looking at the characters on both of these lists I'd say the main omissions are: Percy Weasley, Barty Crouch Sr, Kreacher, Narcissa Malfoy, Xenophilius Lovegood, Rita Skeeter, Igor Karkaroff, Mundungus Fletcher, Fang, Rufus Scrimgeor, Poppy Pomfrey and Katie Bell.

8 minutes ago, Yope said:

[...] the main omissions are: 

* list*

Plot twist: none of them are included in any sets this year :laugh_hard: Plot twist? More like the final twist of the knive in all the fans’ hearts :tongue:

Just (semi-) kidding. I unironically think that not many on this list have a chance this year, but some might :purrr: Or CMF S3 next year, but you never know. They seem to enjoy breaking established patterns 

Since Lego is experimenting and going off convention with the buildable Hedwig and the moments-book sets I can see them doing some more like those in time for the winter ‘gift’ season, so here is my list:

£250: Harry Potter PS Collectors Edition Chess Set

£120: Durmstrang Ship

£60: Attack on Lovegood’s House 

£40: Buildable Nifler (just look at the FB merchandising, the Nifler is very popular!)

£30: Weasley Wedding Ambush 

I think this is reasonable too considering the few new moulds required (Krum’s hat, that’s about it), as it sounds like a lot of the budget is going on the first wave 

Edited by Bugbot20082

Just now, Bugbot20082 said:

Since Lego is experimenting and going off convention with the buildable Hedwig and the moments-book sets I can see them doing some more like those in time for the winter ‘gift’ season, so here is my list:

*list*

That list is still not bad enough :laugh: Anything new is still good in most people‘s books, so replace the DH and GoF sets with some PS/CoS remakes and we‘re probably a bit closer to the truth :tongue: 

Don‘t take what I‘m saying too seriously though, just having fun with setting the bar for these sets as low as possible :laugh_hard: