Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

If they continue with sand green roofs I will have to seriously question the sanity of the design team

I just don’t understand why they felt the need to change it all so drastically. 2018-2020 performed extraordinarily well. Why change it now. It’s just stupid

The accuracy is what set this 2018 reboot apart and made it so good. They can’t be stupid enough to throw that out the window. But maybe they are

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If they continue with sand green roofs I will have to seriously question the sanity of the design team

I just don’t understand why they felt the need to change it all so drastically. 2018-2020 performed extraordinarily well. Why change it now. It’s just stupid

The accuracy is what set this 2018 reboot apart and made it so good. They can’t be stupid enough to throw that out the window. But maybe they are

I think (aside from nostalgia) part of the reason for the green roofs is the inclusion of the rock base, which we unfortunately didn't have in the 2018+ sets. With all that grey, the green roofs lend the sets more contrast. Taken individually, I like the grey better, but viewed on that base, I can understand why they did it. 

1 minute ago, krimimimi said:

I think (aside from nostalgia) part of the reason for the green roofs is the inclusion of the rock base, which we unfortunately didn't have in the 2018+ sets. With all that grey, the green roofs lend the sets more contrast. Taken individually, I like the grey better, but viewed on that base, I can understand why they did it. 

The contrast is exactly why they went with dark tan for the rock base in the D2C, which looked great, so I highly doubt that was a factor.

49 minutes ago, joeee said:

Does anyone else's Three Broomsticks come with an extra ax?

Haven't gotten any of the new sets yet but if memory serves that is one of the smallish pieces they tend to put an extra in each set like they do with basic swords, utensils, small tools (paint brush, lipstick, microphone, hair bows, tiny crown, tiny party hats), 1x1's like the poop & cupcake swirl & various other 1x1 plates & tiles to name a few.

7 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

3/4 still have some things left but not very much unless LEGO decides to do more hogsmeade

7 hours ago, mark1991t said:

Shrieking Shack, Dark Tower, Hogsmeade Station.

2/3 of those are parts of Hogsmeade. The dark tower isn't essential by any means but it would be a nice way to get POS Sirius and Buckbeak back on the market. Even with that I don't think LEGO can sustain just focusing on the first four films for very long. 

19 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The contrast is exactly why they went with dark tan for the rock base in the D2C, which looked great, so I highly doubt that was a factor.

It does look excellent, but it also uses a lot of extra coloured pieces to make it more cliff-like and less as though it were sitting on a dune or something. 

14 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

POS Sirius 

Now, now, Sirius wasn't that bad. :laugh: (Autocorrect does that to me all the time...)

How does everyone feel about Fluffy now that they've seen him in person? The gray joints really bother me ngl. It's a small issue but makes a big difference. Hoping someone comes up with a clever moc around it

Someone pointed out to me that the patterning on the Diagon Alley wall in the Advent Calendar bears a strong resemblance to a swastika. I'm well aware that it's a rather strange topic but what do you guys think?

12 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Someone pointed out to me that the patterning on the Diagon Alley wall in the Advent Calendar bears a strong resemblance to a swastika. I'm well aware that it's a rather strange topic but what do you guys think?

Well that’s pretty megablockin creepy. I just looked at it, and you’re not wrong. That being said, it’s relatively hidden, but not so hidden you can’t see it after a second or so. It’s (probably) nothing tho.

Edited by Brickroll

Does anyone know if the new sets are temporary Target Exclusives?  They're available there, but no other stores that I can see (aside from Lego). 

I see what you mean, but I think it is just a coincidence. That's two equal wall sections where one is flipped to put them together right?

7 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I guess I can see it? If you hadn't mentioned it I would never notice. My opinion, as a Jew, is that this claim is ridiculous :sceptic:

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

When will D2C be revealed? This set and polybag haven’t been revealed yet.

We don't even know the release date, so it's impossible to say. Lego Con seems like a good guess tho.

11 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I... don't see it. Like at all. And even if I did, that's ridiculous :laugh_hard:

It's just a wall...

2 hours ago, joeee said:

Does anyone else's Three Broomsticks come with an extra ax?

I wish we got an extra candelabra 😢

17 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

I see what you mean, but I think it is just a coincidence. That's two equal wall sections where one is flipped to put them together right?

16 minutes ago, evanevanevan said:

I guess I can see it? If you hadn't mentioned it I would never notice. My opinion, as a Jew, is that this claim is ridiculous :sceptic:

15 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I... don't see it. Like at all. And even if I did, that's ridiculous :laugh_hard:

It's just a wall...

I'm obviously not saying that the designer(s) intentionally made the wall's patterning resemble that symbol. Someone just mentioned it to me and having had someone point it out to me I thought it might be worth mentioning :shrug_confused: As you all say, LEGO deliberately doing something like that is a borderline ridiculous idea. 

20 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We don't even know the release date, so it's impossible to say. Lego Con seems like a good guess tho.

Gotcha. I just ask because there was an explosion of posts. :P

12 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I'm obviously not saying that the designer(s) intentionally made the wall's patterning resemble that symbol. Someone just mentioned it to me and having had someone point it out to me I thought it might be worth mentioning :shrug_confused: As you all say, LEGO deliberately doing something like that is a borderline ridiculous idea. 

Even if it was intended as a swastik, it’s not canted ie on the diagonal, so it would be more representative of its true, original use. That and it’s a somewhat half arsed swastik.

36 minutes ago, eldiano said:

I wish we got an extra candelabra 😢

2 hours ago, karrit said:

Haven't gotten any of the new sets yet but if memory serves that is one of the smallish pieces they tend to put an extra in each set like they do with basic swords, utensils, small tools (paint brush, lipstick, microphone, hair bows, tiny crown, tiny party hats), 1x1's like the poop & cupcake swirl & various other 1x1 plates & tiles to name a few.

Thank you guys for the replies. I found where the 'ax' goes....it's Madam Rosmerta's. I sometimes glance and skip the minifigures. LOL

UK people, I'm selling the castle builds and Hogsmeade build from the new sets. By the end of this week, I should have in hand the Chamber of Secrets, 2 x polyjuice bathroom, Fluffy corridor, Hogsmeade and Flying Class. I'm keeping the fligures, Fluffy, Basilisk, wizard cards and just want to make a little bit of money back on the builds. PM me if interested. :classic:

I just built the Chamber of Secrets set along with the Polyjuice Potion set, and they really are fantastic builds. Nothing too repetitive, nothing too boring, and my kids are LOVING the modular system. There's a lot more play features than the older sets, and once I swap out the green for grey roofs, they're going to look just fine with the older sets. I'd be fine if they keep these up!

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

3 hours ago, krimimimi said:

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

PotterMinifigPals did a great video review where she replaced the roof pieces with grey and IMO looked much BETTER and closer to the 2018 line. Still doesn't work well in terms of accuracy but definitely was better at integrating into the 2018 line. 

2 hours ago, f2iso100 said:

I just built the Chamber of Secrets set along with the Polyjuice Potion set, and they really are fantastic builds. Nothing too repetitive, nothing too boring, and my kids are LOVING the modular system. There's a lot more play features than the older sets, and once I swap out the green for grey roofs, they're going to look just fine with the older sets. I'd be fine if they keep these up!

Great minds think a like, I just received my B&P order with these replacements in mind!! The only problem I ran into is that the sand green drilling piece that sits close to the top is not in grey but in metallic silver, I just ordered the half sized tops used in the older 2018-2020 sets and it was golden!  

8ZSZ1tC.jpg

Ok I am new to this side of the site, and I just bought the Polyjuice potion mistake. I have every Hogwarts set from 2018-2020 (except the RoR). That being said, what is the best possible way for me to integrate my new set with my old ones

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

As for the cards, I got Minerva McGonagall and Helga Hufflepuff. Can't wait to get First Flight and Advent Calendar so I can get more (I hope I won't get repeats tho...).

I just got it too, mine had McGonagall and Ravenclaw

While I’m waiting for Chamber & Hogsmeade to leave the warehouse, I went & bought the Polyjuice set. What a great little build. The sink looks fantastic. Minifgs are, of course, amazing. We really are getting the best assortment we’ve ever seen. So happy to finally have Crabbe & Goyle, now Draco can properly harass the other students. 

I got Gryffindor & Ravenclaw cards. Can’t wait for my order with ten more! How are people going to display them? I’m thinking of just keeping it simple & putting them on an 8x8 plate.