Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:
  • A buildable Firebolt? 
  • D2C Quidditch Field
  • Philosopher's Stone - Quidditch Training Grounds
  • D2C Quidditch World Cup
  • She's part of a Great Hall set with Teacher's Table
  • Set containing Madam Hooch's office
  • Quidditch Accessory Pack (Like the Hogwarts Students Pack) 

IF not a Quidditch match, I could see the Accessory Pack being a good set Hooch is in. 

I doubt Lego would stoop low enough to give us Great Halls in two successive waves within the same year, and I don't believe we ever see her office in either film or book (and Zoe Wanamaker's insistence on a higher wage for Philosopher's Stone actually helps us narrow down the set she might appear in, since Hooch doesn't come back). I can't see past it being a Quidditch set, with the most likely being a Quidditch match (if Quirrell's in the same set, it's really got to be the game where he was trying to curse Harry) and the least likely being an accessory pack (nobody has any use for two Hooches, and unlike students you can't just swap her head and hair and have a new character - there was only one flying teacher at Hogwarts).

Of course, she could be in a set not based on Philosopher's Stone. I don't rememebr if she ever does anything much in the books, but her appearing in a different film's set could actually be a pretty significant thing - characters not being bound to the films they appeared in, but instead cropping up in events they were present for in the books only, is one step closer to the advent of book-only minifigures.

Changing the subject slightly, but I eventually did get that LEGO retail job! Yesterday was my second day, and man it’s been so fun hyping up the HP sets for kids and their parents. One even asked where Gringotts was :laugh:

Once I explained to one of the kids how all the Hogwarts sets connect, even the Room of Requirement, he was so blown away! Was so cute. Him and his dad are reading each book followed by the movie and then building the sets for that movie. What a childhood that kid is having

Edited by Modal

Anything Quidditch is just a big meh from me. Good opportunity for those who missed the Bricktober pack to get Hooch, but just incredibly unnecessary.

2 minutes ago, Modal said:

Changing the subject slightly, but I eventually did get that LEGO retail job! Yesterday was my second day, and man it’s been so fun hyping up the HP sets for kids and their parents. One even asked where Gringotts was :laugh:

Once I explained to one of the kids how all the Hogwarts sets connect, even the Room of Requirement, he was so blown away! Was so cute. Him and his dad are reading each book followed by the movie and then building the sets for that movie. What a childhood that kid is having

Awesome stuff, congrats man! 

56 minutes ago, Modal said:

Aww, so cute. Congratulations! :pir-wub:

57 minutes ago, Modal said:

Changing the subject slightly, but I eventually did get that LEGO retail job!

Congrats! :sweet::thumbup: 

55 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Anything Quidditch is just a big meh from me.

Couldn‘t agree more. A flying lesson set would be okay, but another Quidditch match would be pretty unnecessary in my opinion

I totally agree with not wanting anything more to do with Quidditch other than an accessory pack that would enable me to create Hufflepuff & Ravenclaw teams without yet another version of Cho & Cedric.  If they were to make a new Quidditch Pitch I would expect they would change the house colors used in the stands to some of the darker colors like DarkRed, Earth Green, Earth Blue and Flame Yellow Orange meaning mixing it with the previous set to create more stands would look awful. 

The leak about a golden Quirell makes me think the set would be with the mirror when Harry finds out Quirell's possessed by Voldemort.  I think it's wishful thinking that it could be the scene in the Leaky Cauldron but I would love that.

I would love a remake of the flying lesson scene especially if they included a build of castle wall for the background. 

Everyone needs to remember that we don't all like the same things so the sets I want some won't care for and scenes I don't care about are others biggest wish.  I'm personally really tired of reading the same whiney comments repeated over & over again dissecting the personal opinions stated weeks ago by our leakers about people liking, disliking or hating the June & August sets.  Please let's move on from that.  

8 minutes ago, karrit said:

The leak about a golden Quirell makes me think the set would be with the mirror when Harry finds out Quirell's possessed by Voldemort.

I'm sure the leaker said that Quirrell and Hooch were packaged together, and hence that he assumed they were in the same set. A mirror confrontation would be good though. 

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Quirrel as a golden minfig is a weird choice

Not really, I think.

Imagine they decided to celebrate the anniversary with golden minifigures of the first wave (2001). In that year, we had 8 minifigures (not counting variants, Peeves, Chess Queen and Knight Statue): Harry, Ron, Hermione, Malfoy, Dumbledore, Hagrid, Snape and Quirrel.

One problems with this theory would be Voldemort inclusion, but you can think that being the main enemy they decided to produce a golden one anyway.

So, 9 golden minifigures.

If that's the case, we would have both June sets and August ones containing a golden minifigure. Even the 250 set.

2 hours ago, Textorix said:

Honestly I hope its rather flying lesson with Nevile, Malfoy, Harry and Madam Hoch. Someone asked what would they put into that set, well there is a plenty of Hogwarts buildings around in that scene so I guess they can put there some tower with a wall or a gate next to it.

There are actually five towers in the Training Grounds in the Philosopher's Stone, as well as a Suspension Bridge Entrance Building. Many have interesting statues on top too which would be fun. 

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Well that would certainly fulfil the "disappointment" criterion... :laugh:

If we're going for more diversity in figs, I'd love to see Zabini, Lee, and Angelina, too. (And then to be really diverse perhaps more of the ghosts... :wink:) Do we have a good dreadlock piece for Lee? I used the Programmer's hair from CMF series 19 for my version, but it isn't quite satisfactory. 

_20190612_105309

It's a bit of a blurry pic, but I used a broken caveman hairpiece, half the beard got snapped in and I couldn't fix it. I know that's not an option for most though, I wouldn't intentionally break a piece :laugh:

A proper dreadlock piece would be great for him!

11 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Not really, I think.

Imagine they decided to celebrate the anniversary with golden minifigures of the first wave (2001). In that year, we had 8 minifigures (not counting variants, Peeves, Chess Queen and Knight Statue): Harry, Ron, Hermione, Malfoy, Dumbledore, Hagrid, Snape and Quirrel.

One problems with this theory would be Voldemort inclusion, but you can think that being the main enemy they decided to produce a golden one anyway.

So, 9 golden minifigures.

If that's the case, we would have both June sets and August ones containing a golden minifigure. Even the 250 set.

That's a very good point - and also illustrates how little variety of minifigures we got with those early sets. 

Just now, Alexandrina said:

illustrates how little variety of minifigures we got with those early sets

Yes, very very very little variety... there's no possible comparison between those years and nowadays.

2 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

I am under a strong impression at least one of the August sets will not be minifigure scale or a minifig playset...

I'll be happy if it's a Fawkes in the style of Hedwig, but I hate the microscale Hogwarts.

If it's a quidditch set, I hope it's either the big D2C or includes great minifigures (please give us Lee!) otherwise... :dtired:

If it's the flying lesson, that probably means the castle section will be boxy like the others. But we'll see.

Gold Quirrell is an interesting choice. Makes me think that maybe the gold minifigures are supposed to be based on the original 2001 line. In that case, maybe Goldemort is actually Peeves lol

Has Guyon2002 or Falconfan1414 backed this information about the hooch and Quirrell? Or is there any pictures of what the so called leaker is talking about that he can share with the rest of us? I personally am not taking Cmf6169 information as facts yet he is a relatively new member here and as far as I know no one has backed him up. I would be happy if it turned out to be true and there was some kind of flying lesson set as I don't have Hooch yet and there is some potential for a small attachment to Hogwarts which in anniversary style or not would be nice. I really hope it isn't a new quidditch set and if it is I hope it includes the lower stands and not new towers so people who have the 2018 quidditch set (or 4 of it :innocent:) can at least get a few relatively useful builds out of it.

On a unrelated topic does anyone know which scene the Dumbledore in blue robes from series one is supposed to go with? I thought the ones that he wore when using the pensive with Harry in HBP were grey but I could be wrong.

Just now, bluedog1111 said:

Has Guyon2002 or Falconfan1414 backed this information about the hooch and Quirrell? Or is there any pictures of what the so called leaker is talking about that he can share with the rest of us? I personally am not taking Cmf6169 information as facts yet he is a relatively new member here and as far as I know no one has backed him up. I would be happy if it turned out to be true and there was some kind of flying lesson set as I don't have Hooch yet and there is some potential for a small attachment to Hogwarts which in anniversary style or not would be nice. I really hope it isn't a new quidditch set and if it is I hope it includes the lower stands and not new towers so people who have the 2018 quidditch set (or 4 of it :innocent:) can at least get a few relatively useful builds out of it.

On a unrelated topic does anyone know which scene the Dumbledore in blue robes from series one is supposed to go with? I thought the ones that he wore when using the pensive with Harry in HBP were grey but I could be wrong.

I can back the info about the new minifigs :)

8 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

That's his "Dumbledore said calmly" outfit from the Goblet of Fire, isn't it? 

10 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

I hope it includes the lower stands and not new towers so people who have the 2018 quidditch set (or 4 of it :innocent:) can at least get a few relatively useful builds out of it.

Oh, that could be a problem for me... :snicker: I have only 2 Quidditch match set, but I've already built two little lower stands :roflmao:

55 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

That's his "Dumbledore said calmly" outfit from the Goblet of Fire, isn't it? 

Yeah, the same as his Order of the Phoenix-costume, so it's usable in multiple scene's:

HD wallpaper: Harry Potter, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,  Albus Dumbledore | Wallpaper FlareLEGO Bright Light Blue Professor Albus Dumbledore Minifig Torso (88585)

Edited by mark1991t

53 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

I can back the info about the new minifigs :)

Well that's good to know.

It has been a long time since I saw those movies thanks for clarifying mark1991t and Alexandrina.

1 hour ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

If it's a quidditch set, I hope it's either the big D2C or includes great minifigures (please give us Lee!) otherwise... :dtired:

If it's the flying lesson, that probably means the castle section will be boxy like the others. But we'll see.

Gold Quirrell is an interesting choice. Makes me think that maybe the gold minifigures are supposed to be based on the original 2001 line. In that case, maybe Goldemort is actually Peeves lol

Yep, I'd be not immensely excited, but definitely a little excited if it is the D2C. I can envision a set about the same size of the Coliseum in width and somewhat in height (the main towers) with a great selection of minifigures. About 10-15, with a golden Dumbledore. 

Someone on instagram said that Golden Quirell is coming and Hooch (not golden), with grey Seamus hair piece. I don't think we should believe, but when I asked Guyon he refused to confirm

5 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Yep, I'd be not immensely excited, but definitely a little excited if it is the D2C. I can envision a set about the same size of the Coliseum in width and somewhat in height (the main towers) with a great selection of minifigures. About 10-15, with a golden Dumbledore. 

I agree, I'm also just salivating over those golden figures in general. Hoping they're gonna be as good as they seem.

1 minute ago, Legofania said:

Someone on instagram said that Golden Quirell is coming and Hooch (not golden), with grey Seamus hair piece. I don't think we should believe, but when I asked Guyon he refused to confirm

Those have already been confirmed by @Brick Clicker if I'm not mistaken.

Not sure if the leak I just saw of gringotts is real or not.

comes with the white dragon