Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

This looks amazing! Well done. I would love to see Divination, DADA and Care of Magical Creatures Moments sets. :wub:

Would love to see one with Lockhart and a cornish pixie if they don't show up in another set. Would be a great way to get that scene into a set.

10 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Where did I use a personal insult referring to you (please quote the passage and the slang or derogatory term with your name in it)? Are questions insulting? I did not compare myself to Jesus. I just used a literary technique, which he was using as well. In fact this technique was used long before him. Like Jesus said, none of us are without sin. But you are right - it was not me, that argued to exclude others from ownership, looked down on others and wanted to take a minifigure/piece of plastic from those below me because of the need of collecting something "rare".

I have no problem with rare and exclusive figures being released in other sets but nobody here is looking down on anyone else or calling anyone “below them”. Nobody.

12 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Where did I use a personal insult referring to you (please quote the passage and the slang or derogatory term with your name in it)? Are questions insulting? I did not compare myself to Jesus. I just used a literary technique, which he was using as well. In fact this technique was used long before him. Like Jesus said, none of us are without sin. But you are right - it was not me, that argued to exclude others from ownership, looked down on others and wanted to take a minifigure/piece of plastic from those below me because of the need of collecting something "rare".

I completely understand and respect your opinion on the subject even though it may be different to mine. But its also very clear in your comments that you are trying to put people down by using reflective questions with an intent to cause guilt in the same way a charity collector asks if you are happy for a child to go blind because you didnt donate to their cause. Everyone has different values that need to be respected regardless if they align with yours.

Edited by chris6507

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Now I'm disappointed :tongue: I saw a lot of recent activity in the thread and thought something new had leaked :poke:

Sorry :D

Wait until April apparently :(

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Now I'm disappointed :tongue: I saw a lot of recent activity in the thread and thought something new had leaked :poke:

Only a tirade of thoughts and opinions. :laugh:

1 hour ago, MaxHeadroom said:

It's a bit hard to have a nuanced discussion when people are being compared to kings who believed they were chosen by god and "some former president" for... wanting a LEGO minifigure to be exclusive to a certain LEGO set. 

I personally didn't believe the figure would remain exclusive forever (although I had hoped the head would only be included in the DA and a potential KA set) but I don't blame anyone for thinking it would. LEGO didn't say the figure would be exclusive but they also didn't say it would even be in the set. You've mentioned they said it would be included somewhere else but I had never heard that and I'm sure that's true for most people. Where exactly did you hear that discussed?

I didn't say LEGO specifically had said anything about the figure regarding it's future availability.  It's possible future availability was discussed in the previous HP thread here as well as other fan sites.

As for the religious & political aspects some of the discussion has taken, that wasn't me. 

29 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

You don’t need to directly use an insult to imply you are insulting me, stop acting coy. With your questions it was meant to insinuate  that I was greedy which I’m not and all who hold the same opinion as I do isn’t greedy either. “What type of person am I” But enough, I really can’t argue with people who just use insults as their basis of their arguments.

Edited by RODDY

20 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

This looks amazing! Well done. I would love to see Divination, DADA and Care of Magical Creatures Moments sets. :wub:

Awe thanks :) me too.

Who is that girl then? 

At this rate, the minifigure line-up for the next wave will be

-The guy who passed by Harry in Diagon Alley

-The girl who was standing next to Ron in Hogsmeade

-The guy in the background when Hermione was talking in Hogwarts

11 minutes ago, RODDY said:

You don’t need to directly use an insult to imply you are insulting me, stop acting coy. With your questions it was meant to insinuate  that I was greedy which I’m not and no one who holds the same opinion isn’t greedy either. “What type of person am I” But enough, I really can’t argue with people who just use insults as their basis of their arguments.

Again I never mentioned greed. That was your own inner answer when you reflected on my questions. I hope you don't feel bad about collecting in the future. Collecting to create, express and manifest your own ideas and thoughts is wonderful and the inherent goal of Lego and construction toys in general. I just think everyone should be able to do that - equally and collectively building on a brighter tomorrow.

Edited by Metanoios91

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's likely a fake leak.

If only there was a rule that only real leakers can take their photos with potatoes it would make our guessing a lot easier. :laugh:

I am going to buy both the Umbridge encounter set and the room of requirement one. I want the GWP so I thought I could throw in a moment set. Which of the Hogwarts moment sets would you all recommend? I'm leaning towards the transfiguration one.

Just now, bluedog1111 said:

I am going to buy both the Umbridge encounter set and the room of requirement one. I want the GWP so I thought I could throw in a moment set. Which of the Hogwarts moment sets would you all recommend? I'm leaning towards the transfiguration one.

Transfiguration or Charms. McGonagall is a fantastic figure, but if you want a new teacher then Charms has Flitwick, although his legs annoy me because if they were olive green it would have given the illusion of his robes.

3 hours ago, girlie-site-boots said:

Juve I think the difference between now and 15-20 years ago. LEGO was aimed fair and squarely at children, even the big technic sets were age 10 or 12. Argos listed them as "boys toys". It wasn't cool or acceptable to admit you STILL liked it or collected it, if it got out you'd be called a "big kid"

The big expensive sets came about with the internet and the AFOLs.

Me I'm a big kid who never grew up. 

I mean Im not a kid and Im not ashamed. And maybe because of nostalgia but i think lego had way more interesting sets back in the day obviously not as detailed but the ideas were great. Pirates, castle, expedition, samurai

The "exclusivity" discussion (and the weird places it's gone to) is perennial. If you enjoy debating it that's fine, but it's gone on long enough in this topic for now and is veering into personal arguments and away from LEGO. It'll always come back again next year.

Let it go and move on. Thanks.

Still even if they are doing sets for adults doesnt mean it has to get so much more expensive

14 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Again I never mentioned greed. That was your own inner answer when you reflected on my questions. I hope you don't feel bad about collecting in the future. Collecting to create, express and manifest your own ideas and thoughts is wonderful and the inherent goal of Lego and construction toys in general. I just think everyone should be able to do that - equally and collectively building on a brighter tomorrow.

Believe me, I don’t feel bad about collecting never have and never will. And you won’t virtue shame into believing otherwise. And yeah having one variant of Harry Potter, a character that has countless other variants, be exclusive to one set isn’t stopping anyone from “building a brighter tomorrow” or whatever utopia you believe in.

18 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

I agree that the Transfiguration set is probably the best one to go with.  All the sets have solid builds, but McGonagall is the clear standout minifigure of the wave.

5 minutes ago, Juve said:

Still even if they are doing sets for adults doesnt mean it has to get so much more expensive

Your missing my point. 

Kids sets are limited by two factors, children's concentration span and budget. 

Lego know very few people would buy Lego sets at £150+ for kids. That's a big Christmas present in a high percentage of households. 

Adults have unlimited concentration, they'll build a bag and come back to it when they have more time. They have more disposable income than kids and therefore Lego can make sets targeted at the adult market. Which many kids will want but well beyond their budget. 

@Jacob Bricks Alot great work on the Divination classroom. Love to see it in more detail if you get shots with more contrast. 

6 hours ago, RODDY said:

As the annoying resident Lockhart fanboy, the more Lockhart the better. [...] Or the Insane Asylum Lockhart. 

Adding that to the list of things I did not know I needed... :laugh: But yes, brilliant!

2 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Plenty of people (including myself) are unsure of their future. If you're financially secure enough to be able to spend $400 on something as frivolous as LEGO without ever considering the possibility you may have to sell that it or part of it then you are very fortunate.

I did not buy the DA to sell the figures (I didn't even buy it for the figures in general) but knowing that the set and the figures would hold some of their value was a factor for me. It was nice to know that if too many unexpected emergencies piled up I would be able to sell the set, or even a single minifigure to get some of that $400 back if I really needed to. 

Without trying to kick off the discussion on exclusivity again, I just wanted to say thanks for your openness and let you know you definitely aren't alone. I viewed it the same way. Last year was pretty uncertain for us in truly unprecedented ways. Knowing lego holds its value took the guilt out of accepting the nanoscale Hogwarts the family gifted me. There are other things that lose their value immediately, those purchases were put off.  

22 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

The "exclusivity" discussion (and the weird places it's gone to) is perennial. If you enjoy debating it that's fine, but it's gone on long enough in this topic for now and is veering into personal arguments and away from LEGO. It'll always come back again next year.

Let it go and move on. Thanks.

I just want to say thank you for this! 

1 hour ago, Jacob Bricks Alot said:

Hey thought I’d show a concept for another Hogwarts Moments Set

Nice build. I really hope they do another round of Classrooms.  I love a Divination one as well as variations on the Potions & DADA ones.