Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Most? Out of 16 minfigures we've seen 8 are repeats. 

Now there are 9 more minfigures. JJJ, Peter Parker, Betty Brant, and 4 civilians - all of them will be new. Then 2 more superheroes, which I guess will both be repeats.

So the ratio is 10 (repeats) - 15 (new). That's actually an amazing amount of new minfigures if you think about it!

It's honestly true. What set do they make these days, for any theme, that isn't majority of characters being reused? I think of Mos Eisley, generally regarded as a masterpiece of Star Wars. How many of those figures had come in a set before? Like at least 10+? 15+? Or what about new releases that people are looking forward to? Almost all the infinity saga sets have old characters, albeit some new outfits, but not all. Or even star wars. It seems that a regular set, we've be lucky to get one new character. It's a rarity to get this type of set, I k ow I for one am absolutely pumped for it, and think it's amazing to have so many new characters!

9 hours ago, PGBQW said:

So no one is gonna talk about how most of the figures are repeats?

I know, I know. I should be thankful we're getting this set at all and about we getting some amazing new characters, but how come the Spider-Man minifigure isnt new?

I don’t necessarily mind that most of the villains are repeats except that they chose the most recent and in my opinion some of the most boring designs. Like Doc Ock and Green Goblin both have better, older versions. The Tentacle Mech with the dual molded yellow boots and the Bridge Battle pink Goblin come to mind specifically. Both have the level of detail that one would expect from a D2C/UCS set, and using the most recent versions with less printing feels lazy. 

6 minutes ago, KingSpoozle said:

I don’t necessarily mind that most of the villains are repeats except that they chose the most recent and in my opinion some of the most boring designs. Like Doc Ock and Green Goblin both have better, older versions. The Tentacle Mech with the dual molded yellow boots and the Bridge Battle pink Goblin come to mind specifically. Both have the level of detail that one would expect from a D2C/UCS set, and using the most recent versions with less printing feels lazy. 

Those aren't still in production tho. If they wanted to make those specific variants, it would cost them the same as just making new designs.

If there's a reuse, they have to use ones that are available in the factory as of now.

20 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Those aren't still in production tho. If they wanted to make those specific variants, it would cost them the same as just making new designs.

If there's a reuse, they have to use ones that are available in the factory as of now.

Sad truth, they can't really bring back those specific figure designs coz it's not in production. Those are the versions that will fit this set not just because of their iconic look but because this is D2C. 

I do think the minifigure selection seems very solid.  25 minifigures in a $300 Marvel D2C?  I wouldn't have guessed that.  All these previously unmade heroes?  A pleasant surprise!  My only complaint is that this set doesn't really fix the issue this line has with constantly reusing the same villains.  The only new villain here is Black Cat, a character who only sometimes counts as a villain.  I can only hope that the comic sets next year start including a better variety of villains, otherwise they're going to look extra underwhelming after how much effort was put into the hero and civilian lineup for this set.  I'd like to believe that the Bugle will mark the beginning of better comic Spider-Man sets.  With the revamped bigfig design used by Thanos, there's essentially no reason now why they can't use that for Rhino, Kingpin, or even Venom (the new bigfig mold even has studs on the back that would be perfect for attaching symbiote tendrils)  Considering the Modular-style attachment points on the Bugle, maybe we can get another D2C like Oscorp Tower, that could focus more on new villains.

31 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

All I’m saying is the reuse of villains stands out even more when it’s the same designs that appear in significantly cheaper sets on shelves at the same time. 

I’m still amazed at how tall the Bugle looks, especially for that price *huh* Even if it’s mostly hollow, at least it seems like a much more substantial build than other sets at similar price points.

And the minifig selection is just mind-blowing. 15 new minifigs in a single set has to set a record *oh2* Firestar is quite a surprise too. I was wondering at first why they’d include an X-men character here, until I found out she was introduced in the 80’s Spider-man TV show. I didn’t know there were mutant characters that had their debut outside of the X-men subfranchise :head_back:

I think the thing I'm most excited for now is seeing the interior. What are you all expecting? 

Now that we can see it's four floors, I think my guess from about 150+ pages ago (we've covered so much ground) still works: 

A lobby/reception, offices (maybe with a dark room), a printing press and a recording studio. 

I knew this topic had blown up when I saw the pictures yesterday :grin:

That minifigure selection is epic :wub: But I'll still hold out on HD pictures and such to see if I'll buy it. 
It looks like it's four storeys tall, so I'm not sure I have the space for it. If the minifigures appeal to me even more after seeing HD picturs, I'd have to get it and rebuild it a bit :innocent: 
What was the expected price for it, again? :blush: 

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

4 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

It looks like it's four storeys tall, so I'm not sure I have the space for it. If the minifigures appeal to me even more after seeing HD picturs, I'd have to get it and rebuild it a bit :innocent: 

All the stairs seem to be in the same spot for every floor, so it should be easy enough to omit one. If you want an ordinary building,  you could remove the damaged floor.

Where do you guys see Gwen Stacy? The blonde figure inside the first floor?

Like I guess that of I really really wanted to see her I could recognise it, but its not like its super obvious its her, at least in this picture. It looks to me like that figure has the Doc Brown hairpiece.

Or it has been actually confirmed?

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Most? Out of 16 minfigures we've seen 8 are repeats. 

Now there are 9 more minfigures. JJJ, Peter Parker, Betty Brant, and 4 civilians - all of them will be new. Then 2 more superheroes, which I guess will both be repeats.

So the ratio is 10 (repeats) - 15 (new). That's actually an amazing amount of new minfigures if you think about it!

You know what? You're right. I guess its easier to focus on the negative aspects hahah.

Edited by PGBQW

I'm glad I never got ninjgo gardens! Nothing against it, great set,  but I'm more of a superhero collector.  The bugle is going to brake the bank!

16 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Where do you guys see Gwen Stacy? The blonde figure inside the first floor?

Like I guess that of I really really wanted to see her I could recognise it, but its not like its super obvious its her, at least in this picture. It looks to me like that figure has the Doc Brown hairpiece.

Or it has been actually confirmed?

I confirmed it.

Just now, lego_guyon02 said:

I confirmed it.

Oh, amazing, then! Do you think she looks good?

Is it now 15 or 25 figures? I can't imagine it being 25 to be honest...

Can anyone see the Punisher in the pictures? I mean, if the leaked figure was no fake it has to be somewhere. I also can't imagine this set not including JJJ... will be interesting to see the backside.

To be honest I have little problem with the same characters being often reused... my problem is that the figures are mostly pretty poorly done (I have the old Green goblin from Lego Studios with Golden eyes and the vehicle using printed wedges... pure perfection. Still can't believe it is so old. The Doc Ock from back then also looks better than all newer versions.)

I need a:

Regular Spiderman with dual moulded arms and legs, which are also printed in a quality that the blue doesn't shine through the blue. Lego was able to do it once and Chinese knockoff figures are still. It is nothing too crazy to expect. If he comes exclusive in an expensive set: fine.

Venom as a Big fig. I won't buy the minifigure version no matter how cheap it is available.

3 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

Is it now 15 or 25 figures? I can't imagine it being 25 to be honest...

There are 14 in the picture. 2 more that we've seen. 3 more that we know by name. Then there's also 6 more unknown characters (4 civilians and 2 superheroes).

That's 25.

1 hour ago, Gorilla94 said:

Can anyone see the Punisher in the pictures? I mean, if the leaked figure was no fake it has to be somewhere.

You can see a little blacked out blob underneath Blade. He's been covered up because we think this promo came from China, where the skull symbol has controversial connotations.

Hadn't really thought of it before but considering LEGO kinda has their own Marvel subfranchise going on with the LEGO Marvel Superheroes games (which are also largely comic inspired) I'm surprised they've never really taken advantage of it through sets. 

2 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

I knew this topic had blown up when I saw the pictures yesterday :grin:

That minifigure selection is epic :wub: But I'll still hold out on HD pictures and such to see if I'll buy it. 
What was the expected price for it, again? :blush: 

Regards,
Mitch

I estimate it being ~70cm high, up to the top of the mast. The windows and panels make it just under 60cm on their own, then add the framework, the lettering and the mast. It’s a big boy.

3 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

The Doc Ock from back then also looks better than all newer versions.

Hard disagree to be honest, studios Ock is pretty good especially for the time but Ock from the mech a few years ago with the dual molded legs is probably the best an Ock figure can ever get.

Studios Goblin is definitely tied with Bridge Battle Green Goblin for the best version though both obviously pale in comparison to Hobgoblin.

Edited by Childish Goblino

7 minutes ago, Childish Goblino said:

Hard disagree to be honest, studios Ock is pretty good especially for the time but Ock from the mech a few years ago with the dual molded legs is probably the best an Ock figure can ever get.

He looks amazing, but my favourite version is the Doc Ock with the lab coat

Without reading the previous, endless pages, Ok, so that’s 14 figures in Daily Bugle set, yes? Minifigure selection seems great to me!