I recently finished building a LEGO City/Minifig scale plane that offers more details than your usual airliner. 

I have submitted my creation on LEGO Ideas. See more pictures and vote for it here!

50661713948_f8391e9067.jpg

My model also has its own display stand which can also be used to display the minifigs.

50645875237_dfb565f2cc.jpg

This plane is built using brick-built solutions instead of relying too much on pre-fabricated plane pieces.

50645036428_caa959dc3d.jpg

This plane has quite a nice cabin on the inside and can accommodate many minifigures.  To see pictures of the Economy AND Business class cabins, please see my LEGO IDEAS project page.

50645782471_71929f4f32.jpg

Edited by NickLafreniere

Great looking plane. The scimitar winglets are cleverly done. Although I must say that it look more like an Embraer than a Boeing. But nonetheless it is a good looking plane

I've supported it, and I think it's got a pretty good chance to be approved.

5 hours ago, Man with a hat said:

Great looking plane. The scimitar winglets are cleverly done. Although I must say that it look more like an Embraer than a Boeing. But nonetheless it is a good looking plane

Thanks! I understand that it looks like an Embraer due to the 6-wide cockpit piece. It would be great if LEGO could make 1 new mold piece for that cockpit to make it look more like a 737 MAX. 

The winglets really make it stand out. They are modern and look wicked cool!

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

I've supported it, and I think it's got a pretty good chance to be approved.

Wow thanks! That's great to hear. Although there are some nice 3000 piece airliner models on LEGO Ideas, they are just too big for many people to purchase. I made mine to be affordable and not take up too much space. And it is nice and smooth, unlike the chunkier 3000 piece planes. You can pick it up with one hand and "swoosh" it if you wanted to :P Get it for a kid as a souvenir, or get one for yourself to put in the office. 

50645779511_e35a29c985.jpg

Piece count is 657 pieces. I imagine it would cost USD$60, CAD$80. I think the LEGO Ideas team could dig that ;)

Lovely proportioned plane, and yes whilst it definitely has an Embraer look, that’s not a bad thing IMO.

The cabin details clinched my vote. Hopefully the carrier and livery doesn’t make it too parochial for 10k support but good luck.

Stiff competition though, the latest Concorde has to make review surely?

11 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Lovely proportioned plane, and yes whilst it definitely has an Embraer look, that’s not a bad thing IMO.

The cabin details clinched my vote. Hopefully the carrier and livery doesn’t make it too parochial for 10k support but good luck.

Stiff competition though, the latest Concorde has to make review surely?

I'm glad it was the interiors of the cabin that really sold you on it! No one has ever made diagonal, "pod" shaped business class seats like this in LEGO before: 

50645044388_e8308e67e9.jpg

I'm so glad I was able to make it work. There is juuuust enough head room for all the minifigs to sit down. I followed the standards from set set 3181 Passenger plane from 2010, so it's legit!

As for the competition on LEGO Ideas, there is barely any aviation models. Only 2 airliners have made 10K, they are both from BigPlanes on Youtube. He makes big planes, I make medium planes! So it is totally different category. 

I like the Concorde LEGO Ideas projects that are out there. I believe there was one from 2014 that hit 10k but was not approved. Currently, there is one Concorde project that is approaching 5K. Still not too bad, comptetition-wise! Not many people on LEGO Ideas have incorporated minifigs into their models though. I tried to create a hybrid between playable toy for kids/LEGO City and aviation display model for a shelf, and it I think it satisfies both markets pretty decently ;)

6 hours ago, NickLafreniere said:

I tried to create a hybrid between playable toy for kids/LEGO City and aviation display model for a shelf,

You’ve definitely hit that sweet spot. I’d buy this as an IDEAS set without hesitation for that reason alone, with or without carrier livery.

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

You’ve definitely hit that sweet spot. I’d buy this as an IDEAS set without hesitation for that reason alone, with or without carrier livery.

Thanks! My other priority was to make it affordable so that people don't think twice and just buy it!

On 12/3/2020 at 5:13 PM, peedeejay said:

Very cool!

Hopefully it already has the newest version of MCAS. ;-)

I hope that the 737 MAX can save its reputation within the next few years so that less people have fear!