Stilt Houses: how to live 30 feet in the air!

Partially inspired by the films of the masterful animation filmmaker Hayao Miyazaki - I'm not actually referring to a particular film but rather its unique style and atmospheres - my latest creation features two weird guys living 30 feet in the air in minimal but cozy stilt houses.
The starting point for this work was the tent on the right stilt house, a very strange and forgotten element from a mid-2000s Indiana Jones set.
At first I was thinking of a single pile dwelling then I added the second on the left joined by a crumbling bridge. And gradually I inserted various details and elements, some of which are really bizarre.
The off-road vehicle is ready to deal with mud and rough terrain and complete with all the necessary tools to fix it yourself in case. It is based on my previous Chevrolet Blazer spotted in the Sheriff Hopper's Cabin diorama built in 2019.
There are many other details and strange pieces, have fun finding them and if you have any questions write them below in the comments!

50617221217_b737832d53_b.jpg

IMG_3841_3000-scaled.jpg

IMG_3843_3000-scaled.jpg

IMG_3825_3000-scaled.jpg

IMG_3846_3000-scaled.jpg

IMG_3837_3000-scaled.jpg

IMG_3839_3000-scaled.jpg

Thanks for watching!

The house looks like it's about to fall.:tongue: Otherwise stunning build as always!

Wow, very original. Here I came with the idea to see stilt houses in a lake or something, but I never expected to see a sort of neopunk settlement in the air.

How are the tubes even capable of supporting those solid bricks? 

Those are fine trees and scrubs you created there.

Doesn't look like the houses would hold in high winds LOL!  Very interesting idea and nice looking build though.  

On 11/27/2020 at 10:11 PM, JintaiZ said:

The house looks like it's about to fall.:tongue: Otherwise stunning build as always!

It looks precarious but actually it's quite stable :wink: Thanks for stopping by @JintaiZ:thumbup:

14 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Wow, very original. Here I came with the idea to see stilt houses in a lake or something, but I never expected to see a sort of neopunk settlement in the air.

How are the tubes even capable of supporting those solid bricks? 

Those are fine trees and scrubs you created there.

Thanks @GeoBrick, the framework is quite stable and could support easily the houses:wink:

8 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Doesn't look like the houses would hold in high winds LOL!  Very interesting idea and nice looking build though.  

ah ah...hope there won't high wind in the next days ;) Thanks @zoth33

By now I'm making progress: this time I recognized your style before seeing if the author was you! :laugh:

The charm of your MOCs so rich in detail is great, I like the hanging bike and the minimal steps made with a bar and an elastic :thumbup:

The washed socks are too cute! :grin_wub:

On 11/30/2020 at 8:58 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

By now I'm making progress: this time I recognized your style before seeing if the author was you! :laugh:

The charm of your MOCs so rich in detail is great, I like the hanging bike and the minimal steps made with a bar and an elastic :thumbup:

The washed socks are too cute! :grin_wub:

You're so kind my friend! Thanks a bunch for stopping by and your remarks always welcome! Stay safe!

Why do they build houses on stilts in the air?  The answer is that they're easier to defend from the people on the ground.

Great job.

On 12/2/2020 at 8:29 PM, CopperTablet said:

Why do they build houses on stilts in the air?  The answer is that they're easier to defend from the people on the ground.

Great job.

thanks @CopperTablet :classic:

Someone commented this way on my IG to explain why people goes to live on stilt houses: "Fyi, our ancestors house here (south east asia), were all on stilts. Reason it always flood here in raining season, so a house on stilts helps to prevent from the water coming into the house. Nice moc btw.. "
Very interesting explanation :classic:

On 12/6/2020 at 9:46 AM, Boindil Lego said:

Wow this is something different! Very cool!

Thank you very much!

I really enjoy this! Thanks for sharing. The Indiana Jones tent looks lovely here. I think my favorite detail is the clothesline and clothespins. I also like that fur piece on the roof! I must confess I am not familiar with it...

17 hours ago, Man with beard said:

I really enjoy this! Thanks for sharing. The Indiana Jones tent looks lovely here. I think my favorite detail is the clothesline and clothespins. I also like that fur piece on the roof! I must confess I am not familiar with it...

Thank you very much @Man with beard :classic: