Herky

Lego Architecture - rumors and discussion

Per jedijacpenguin.com:

• Set: 21061 - {? TBA Architecture ?} (18+)
• Includes 4383 pieces
• US $229.99 - DE/FR €229.99 - UK £TBA
• Release: SUMMER 2024

A piece count that blows Robie House out of the water, but only $229.99? 🤔 Any speculation on landmark buildings that could be constructed out of several thousand 1x1 plates?

9 hours ago, tafkatb said:

Per jedijacpenguin.com:

• Set: 21061 - {? TBA Architecture ?} (18+)
• Includes 4383 pieces
• US $229.99 - DE/FR €229.99 - UK £TBA
• Release: SUMMER 2024

A piece count that blows Robie House out of the water, but only $229.99? 🤔 Any speculation on landmark buildings that could be constructed out of several thousand 1x1 plates?

4,383 pieces??  These aren't Architecture sets anymore in my opinion.   I'd kill for a smaller sized model again.  

Wow, that's an incredible piece count, and at that price point it's going to be a decent sized set - likely double the size of recent ones, which were themselves pretty large. Blurring with Icons sets here quite a lot.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Calvinw said:

4,383 pieces??  These aren't Architecture sets anymore in my opinion.   I'd kill for a smaller sized model again.  

I have to agree. $230 is too much, no matter the part count! It's a friggin' Creator Expert set. Release those if you want, they're nice sets, but they're not Architecture sets. But actually, at this suspuciously low price per part, I'm afraid it might even be some kind of mosaic or some other hybrid wall decoration thing. Maybe it's a cool idea, we'll see. But those numbers are...concerning.

Edited by Rauy

Hmmm $230 Archiecture set with over 4,000 pieces huh? That’s very curious and interesting…. I don’t feel like it’s “Archiecture” to me. 

What could this set could be? Golden Gate Bridge? World Trade Center One (new one)? Elizabeth Tower? Edo Castle (not likely as w have Himeji Castle sitting on shelves)? Shanghai building? I donn’t know….

Posted (edited)

I reckon it’s the GGB in the new and more accurate dark orange, with a partial diorama of the strait and bay, including a microscale Alcatraz (the “tourist attraction” designers at LEGO won’t pass that up) which means a lot of 1x1 water tiles which would account for the high piece count.

Edited by Lucarex

3 hours ago, Lucarex said:

I reckon it’s the GGB in the new and more accurate dark orange, with a partial diorama of the strait and bay, including a microscale Alcatraz (the “tourist attraction” designers at LEGO won’t pass that up) which means a lot of 1x1 water tiles which would account for the high piece count.

We already had San Francisco Skyline with that island and I think tt would be cool to see Golden Gate Bridge diorama with 1x2, 1x1, 2x2 trans-blue tiles, lol. 

That skyline set released exactly 5 years ago.

Definitely time for a significantly larger more intricate set. Which is exactly what they did years ago with 10253 Big Ben which incidentally also had just over 4000 pieces.

I wonder….if we will get Space Needle set? I mean… there re so many Spae sets throughout themes (City, Friends, Technic, CMF, etc.)  Just wild a guess.

If we're wildly speculating on potential Architecture sets relevant to the Space banner, I'd like to see the Vehicle Assembly Building at Kennedy Space Center. But that's just a big cube, so it might be too boring. I can easily imagine Seattle as a possible candidate for an Architecture Skyline set, but it would be a stretch to put the Space banner on a Seattle Skyline.

If I think architecture and Space, it'd probably be some of the more famous observatories or radio telescopes.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, icm said:

If we're wildly speculating on potential Architecture sets relevant to the Space banner, I'd like to see the Vehicle Assembly Building at Kennedy Space Center. But that's just a big cube, so it might be too boring. I can easily imagine Seattle as a possible candidate for an Architecture Skyline set, but it would be a stretch to put the Space banner on a Seattle Skyline.

If they did the assembly build it would probably have to be to scale with Saturn V. This means it would be much too big to make work.

My vote is for the old NASA Apollo mission control (The inside may be more famous then the outside, though.) or the radio telescope that accidentally discovered proof of the Big Bang: the cosmic microwave background radiation. (It would be great teachable set, but the issue is you'd make mad the Creationists who try to say God was how the universe was made, not the Big Bang.)

Edited by Murdoch17

The more I’m thinking about Space Needle set, the more it sounds unlikely. I think observatory, NASA building, radio telescope or other space-related sets make more sense to me. 

Seattle Skyline does sounds very nice but maybe it’s unlikely. 

On 1/9/2024 at 5:03 PM, Murdoch17 said:

If they did the assembly build it would probably have to be to scale with Saturn V. This means it would be much too big to make work.

No need to tie it with the existing Saturn V set. They'd probably include a Crawler-Transporter with a microscale Saturn V, Shuttle or SLS to add context to the build.

21061 is showing a June 1 release date on brickcatch.com

Would it be out of the question for the new architecture set to be the Colosseum?  Seeing how the giant version just retired, they could do a smaller scale version at half the cost?  

30 minutes ago, johnnytifosi said:

21061 will be Notre Dame according to Brick Clicker.

Very interesting - I believe that this is the first (modern) religious building that LEGO has made. 

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Very interesting - I believe that this is the first (modern) religious building that LEGO has made. 

How is Notre Dame 'modern"? It's been 860 years since construction started! I understand it's being rebuilt after the fire, but still...

1 hour ago, Murdoch17 said:

How is Notre Dame 'modern"? It's been 860 years since construction started! I understand it's being rebuilt after the fire, but still...

I was referring to the religion being currently-practiced; the Great Pyramid of Giza certainly had religious significance during the time that is depicted in the set, but not anymore. 

14 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

This and all the Christmas stuff is starting to make their no-religion policy ‘no religion apart from Christianity’ 

51 minutes ago, Legochaek said:

This and all the Christmas stuff is starting to make their no-religion policy ‘no religion apart from Christianity’ 

Errr, the Taj Mahal?

9 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I was referring to the religion being currently-practiced; the Great Pyramid of Giza certainly had religious significance during the time that is depicted in the set, but not anymore. 

Christianity isn’t exactly “modern”, and the GP was built as a tomb not as a place of religious worship. 

Edited by Lucarex