Lyichir

LEGO Sci-Fi Ongoing - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

4 hours ago, Lion King said:

Is Icon Moment set going to be released in April 2024 instead of this October?

We do not currently know, though we will find out in less than a month! 

On 9/8/2023 at 4:47 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

We do not currently know, though we will find out in less than a month! 

I’m convinced that Icons Moment set will be released in April next year as October is very close, sadly. 

It seems that a number of sets that were (according to rumors) supposed to come out in 2023 have been delayed for whatever reason. Ideas Orient Express is delayed according to the latest rumors. Dune set is delayed (although the movie got delayed so in that case LEGO isn't at fault),. Rumors suggests the Avengers Tower may also have been delayed.

On 9/28/2023 at 5:50 PM, jonwil said:

It seems that a number of sets that were (according to rumors) supposed to come out in 2023 have been delayed for whatever reason. Ideas Orient Express is delayed according to the latest rumors. Dune set is delayed (although the movie got delayed so in that case LEGO isn't at fault),. Rumors suggests the Avengers Tower may also have been delayed.

What rumours about Avengers Tower? Also, due to the lack of any leaks (pics or parts/Minifigs) for the Moments Space spaceship set, I am assuming that it will be released in April 2024 rather than November 2023 (the two potential dates, per @Brick Clicker). 

Just thinking out loud: set 76232 "The Hoopty" from over in Marvel is begging to to have it's color scheme changed. Maybe white with trans-orange for Mars Mission, black and trans-yellow for Blacktron I, and blue / light gray with trans-yellow for Classic Space.

Thoughts?

(I was originally going to put this comment in the Marvel thread, but I think it belongs more here)

3 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Just thinking out loud: set 76232 "The Hoopty" from over in Marvel is begging to to have it's color scheme changed. Maybe white with trans-orange for Mars Mission, black and trans-yellow for Blacktron I, and blue / light gray with trans-yellow for Classic Space.

Thoughts?

(I was originally going to put this comment in the Marvel thread, but I think it belongs more here)

Honestly. I think that space ship is kinda ugly and doesn´t really fit in any of thos themes.

3 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Honestly. I think that space ship is kinda ugly and doesn´t really fit in any of thos themes.

To each there own! I like it if it were a different color (OG Blacktron for me!), I just wish it wasn't so pricey to begin with.

11 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

To each there own! I like it if it were a different color (OG Blacktron for me!), I just wish it wasn't so pricey to begin with.

Of course. But well if you are looking for a recolour the price shouldn´t matter much, because you would need to rebrick it anyways ;). But for me the ship is just to round for any of the classic themes. Of course you can still use it as a new modern ship for on of those factions. After all they are evolving their tech and design too.

I think the Hoopty is a very charming, simple little ship. In its simplicity it reminds me a lot of the spirit of Classic Space (in my interpretation). I can easily imagine putting a crew of three Classics in the front seats and off we go. That price though! I'd pay $60 max, and even then feel like I was getting ripped off.

My problem with the hoopty is that it's such poor value, even compared to other Marvel sets.

21 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

As soon as I saw the set, I wondered how a Classic Space reskin would look! 

I dig it. Some of the classic space sets really did all they could to be round or round-ish, actually.

The good thing about the hoopty is that except the figs, accessories and stickers, it should be possible to get all the parts from Lego online pick-a-brick (including the windscreen) at some future point.

On 10/3/2023 at 8:05 AM, jonwil said:

My problem with the hoopty is that it's such poor value, even compared to other Marvel sets.

I wonder why it's so expensive? It costs $89.99 while the Galaxy Explorer goes for $99.99. The Galaxy explorer has 1254 pieces and 76232 only has 420 pieces. I know that licensed sets are more expensive because of the license fees but this is crazy.

This has noting to do wiht Sci-Fi theme but Promobricks leaked details regarding the next Modular Building, “Natural History Museum”. It says there is some space-focused exhibits. That’s all it says. It is pretty cool that it includes space-focused displays there along with Brachiosaurus fossil. 

5 minutes ago, Lion King said:

This has noting to do wiht Sci-Fi theme but Promobricks leaked details regarding the next Modular Building, “Natural History Museum”. It says there is some space-focused exhibits. That’s all it says. It is pretty cool that it includes space-focused displays there along with Brachiosaurus fossil. 

Space exhibits would probably just be real-world things like images of the moon landing, an old NASA spacesuit, etc. Still cool, though. 

3 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Space exhibits would probably just be real-world things like images of the moon landing, an old NASA spacesuit, etc. Still cool, though. 

Agreed. It’s exaclty why I said it has nothing to do with Sci-Fi stuff as I assume that. A Solar System dispaly would be great. Some printed parts could be useful for Space themes, I guess?

It's great that Lego ist going to release more retro Space sets. 👍

But with the Galaxy Explorer and the Blacktron Cruiser and the rumoured black space ship we only have and get space ships so far. So I really hope that TLG ist going to offer us some ground vehicles, too, and mainly a huge Classic Space base and a Blacktron base, too. Where should all the spacemen live otherswise?!

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

14 hours ago, jonwil said:

A Space base would be great.

Well we will be getting that already:

On 8/2/2023 at 1:40 AM, LCP said:

60428 : Space Mech(9.99$, 140 Pieces)
60429 : Recovery of An Asteroid in Space(19.99$, 126 Pieces)
60430 : Spaceship(19.99$, 240 Pieces)
60431 : Space Rover with Aliens(29.99$, 311 Pieces)
60433 : Modular Space Station(99.99$, 1097 Pieces)
60434 : Space Base with Launch Pad(139.99$, 1422 Pieces)

1 hour ago, Khargeust said:

Very promising. I hope we will not be disappointed.

It’s City so it’s not exactly a popular theme for AFOLs. BUT with the space-focused subtheme, I hope it will be amazing. 

On 10/19/2023 at 1:54 AM, Black Falcon said:

Well we will be getting that already:

We are getting a City space launch centre. Not a proper Space base like the Message Intercept Base, Alpha Centauri Outpost, Ice Station Odyssey, Beta I Command Base, Space Lock-Up Isolation Base etc. Big difference.