Lyichir

LEGO Sci-Fi Ongoing - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Anyone see any stickers on the Galaxy Explorer? And anyone know what windscreen that is? Is it the same as on the Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP!?

Definitely the same windscreen. Dunno if there are stickers.

Edited by icm

19 hours ago, jonwil said:

Anyone see any stickers on the Galaxy Explorer? And anyone know what windscreen that is? Is it the same as on the Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP!?

Seems to be all prints, based on the disassembled pic from the Verge article.

Hope theres a space gwp for the galaxy explorer (black suited astronaut?)

5 hours ago, Time77 said:

Black and blue astronauts! With a small base set, since Galaxy Explorer is missing it.

14 hours ago, Time77 said:

I actually read some rumors that this might happen. It was in a few comments for one of the recent articles about 10497 but I can't find them now...anyway nothing I would put much faith in. But why not hope for it? I wasn't expecting Forest Hideout at all, yet it happened!

9 hours ago, Wonderpants said:

Black and blue astronauts! With a small base set, since Galaxy Explorer is missing it.

Then we'd have all the original colors!

On 6/21/2022 at 3:11 AM, Wonderpants said:

Yeah, that'd be cool to get all the OG colors. Though, I specifically mentioned the black one because they're a decent bit more expensive.

A reimagining of 6971: Inter-Galactic Command Base (the only set that had Black and Blue figure outside of the Minifig Pack)  would solve things, Black, Blue and Yellow, and it's also also a radar / rocket launch base that's not in 10497.

Yellow has been available in other ways, like Benny's squad obviously but talking about timing here alongside the availability of 10497, a base might be bought alongside the ship and offer different parts.

Edited by TeriXeri

I wonder if the whole "you can build 918 and 924 as well as 928 out of the parts in the set" means we get parts with 918 and 924 as well as the 928 parts...

On 6/21/2022 at 4:09 AM, Time77 said:

Well, that would be an unexptected surprise.
I never owned the black astronaut.

20 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Well, that would be an unexptected surprise.
I never owned the black astronaut.

Unexpected, but certainly not unwanted

I suspect the "LEGO Classic" theme is not of much interest to folks here with its general focus on basic bricks, miscellaneous rainbow colors, and brick-built figures/animals — but I was just noticing that some alternate build instructions were posted for 11022 Space Mission, including some neat Classic Space references.

In particular, this manual includes a retro robot similar to the one from 10497/6809, a yellow-windowed outpost/comms station, and a brick-built engineer/mechanic with a sideways cap, who immediately reminded me of Duncan from the Jim Spaceborn comics!

Even if none of this stuff is likely to be of too much interest to spacers, I always find it charming when designers get these sorts of opportunities to indulge in a little nostalgia for past LEGO themes like this. So I figured it'd be worth bringing up.

The other two alternate instruction manuals include a whimsical alien planet scene with brick-built creatures and weird plants, and a deep space scene with an flying saucer, alien pilot, multicolored planet, and giant robot. So they seem more inspired by classic sci-fi in general rather than to classic LEGO Space sets/themes/media. Though they're still pretty fun and charming as basic builds go, if you want to give them a look!

Classic will have a €20 Neon themed set come out but as learned from the transparent set a few years ago, sceptic until pictures.

On 8/11/2022 at 7:45 PM, Aanchir said:

I suspect the "LEGO Classic" theme is not of much interest to folks here with its general focus on basic bricks, miscellaneous rainbow colors, and brick-built figures/animals — but I was just noticing that some alternate build instructions were posted for 11022 Space Mission, including some neat Classic Space references.

I think that Classic set is pretty nice, also has a fair amount of parts in the same colors by limiting the overall color scheme a bit, and the focus is on some very bright things like vibrant yellow and coral, and some transparent yellow is nice.

Next year Classic will have a €20 "Creative Neon" themed set come out but colors known as Neon previously mainly were transparent.

While the return of neon orange would be nice for sure, I'll wait for pictures before jumping to conclusions on it (2021 had a transparent themed set, while a cool set, less then half the parts were transparent)

Edited by TeriXeri

7 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Classic will have a €20 Neon themed set come out but as learned from the transparent set a few years ago, sceptic until pictures.

Source?

10 hours ago, Time77 said:

Source?

Brickmerge / Jedijacpenguin , set LEGO® Classic 11027 €19,99

Edited by TeriXeri

FabuSolider 01 by Mako:

EDIT: Moved to the Inspiring MOCs thread.

Edited by danth
Posted to wrong thread.

6 hours ago, jonwil said:

There better not be bacon on that hamburger... :)

Great MOC.

Oh dang! I meant to post to the Inspiring MOCs thread. Er, sorry all.

Blacktron GWP next year! 

23 hours ago, jodawill said:

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the Blacktron GWP here yet. There was some discussion here a while back about the part showing Blacktron on the radar. It turns out that was correct. There's going to be a remake of 6894 coming out first quarter 2023.

It was confirmed by @Falconfan1414 on Instagram

Edit: @danth

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

9 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Blacktron GWP next year! 

It was confirmed by @Falconfan1414 on Instagram

Edit: @danth

HOLY @#$%!

Awesome! I wonder if the black air tank in 10497 was a hint!

Er...and the Blacktron radar thing as an obvious hint of course.

9 hours ago, danth said:

Er...and the Blacktron radar thing as an obvious hint of course.

LEGO has included many small references to past themes in sets simply as Easter eggs, though, so I would not consider the Blacktron contact on the GE radar screen to be an “obvious” hint except in hindsight. 

BTW, it is worth noting that LEGO does not make exclusive prints for GWPs, so if there is a Blacktron Minifig in this set, all printed pieces used will reappear in a normal set! 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

LEGO has included many small references to past themes in sets simply as Easter eggs, though, so I would not consider the Blacktron contact on the GE radar screen to be an “obvious” hint except in hindsight. 

BTW, it is worth noting that LEGO does not make exclusive prints for GWPs, so if there is a Blacktron Minifig in this set, all printed pieces used will reappear in a normal set! 

This part isn't true. There have been several GWPs with exclusive prints before—40530, 40450, 40291, and 5005358 are a few examples of GWPs with exclusive printed parts.