29 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

It can be opened too easy by kids.
They added screws to it in a new version.

So we've seen a version with screws on 2 promo shots for 42129, but the circumstances and the reasons are far from being confirmed at the moment. 

About the sets, 42124 is missing from most country-specific lego.com pages, 42114 is available in the US but not in Europe or anywhere else I checked. 88012 Technic hub is also missing in most countries. 

7 minutes ago, kbalage said:

So we've seen a version with screws on 2 promo shots for 42129, but the circumstances and the reasons are far from being confirmed at the moment. 

About the sets, 42124 is missing from most country-specific lego.com pages, 42114 is available in the US but not in Europe or anywhere else I checked. 88012 Technic hub is also missing in most countries. 

I allready did a guess about age indication.

1 minute ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

I allready did a guess about age indication.

What could be the case with the age indication? 42124 is 10+ and it's gone, 42109 is 9+ and it's still there.

3 minutes ago, kbalage said:

What could be the case with the age indication? 42124 is 10+ and it's gone, 42109 is 9+ and it's still there.

That doesn't make sense indeed.

Edited by JaBaCaDaBra

I’m feeling this is more a temporary glitch rather than an early retirement as if there was an problem with the set, wouldn’t LEGO issue a public recall announcement or something? :shrug_confused:

8 hours ago, User5346 said:

Tempted to buy this set as is not showing on LEGO.com? 

3 hours ago, Malek83 said:

I can confirm that it went missing from LEGO.com official shop in Poland along with Volvo 6x6. So as a precaution I bought mine from Amazon.pl for around 86 EUR (shipping incl.) yesterday.

So, you two decided to buy this set specifically because it disappeared from the LEGO site?

@kbalage, as I did mention on YT already (and you did reply) - Buggy is selling well and most likely it will be produced again - because the instruction does not mention the screws, as well as the previous website description, etc., they did decide to take it down in Europe, change everything and produce a new batch with the new hub. I bet the same will happen in US when the new batch will be produced in Mexico. Previous models are still on stock/won't be produced anymore, therefore there are no issues here. At least this is the only reason for such an action - stock with old hubs will be directed to 3rd party suppliers which can sell both variants without any issues where Lego will keep only a new one on the website to do not confuse anyone - imagine that the parent is buying this set being 100% sure it has screws just to receive an older version without it. We will see in a few weeks if I was right.

Edited by blondasek

2 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

So, you two decided to buy this set specifically because it disappeared from the LEGO site?

Pretty much, yes.

4 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

AVCampos - I had planned to buy it anyway (but of course later) - LEGO made me to buy it earlier  ;-)

@blondasek we'll see, only time will tell :) But I think this theory still doesn't really match the information of the set being retired by the end of the year. Why all this hassle if it will be gone anyway, and why it does not happen with e.g. the Rally Car that is rumored to be retired at the same time? 

Mine arrived today...I need to give empty battery box to my 3 yo son and check if he is able to open it ;-)

Edited by Malek83
Mispelling

1 hour ago, Malek83 said:

Mine arrived today...I need to give empty battery box to my 3 yo son and check if he is able to open it ;-)

Oh he will,
he will also open those safety caps on bottles that WE impossible can open.:laugh:

7 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Oh he will,
he will also open those safety caps on bottles that WE impossible can open.:laugh:

Hehe ;-)

One thing for sure - he will handle the screws with screwdriver :-) That I know and I saw with my own eyes ;-)

He was unable to open EV3 brick and old BB for PF :-)

4 hours ago, blondasek said:

@kbalage, as I did mention on YT already (and you did reply) - Buggy is selling well and most likely it will be produced again - because the instruction does not mention the screws, as well as the previous website description, etc., they did decide to take it down in Europe, change everything and produce a new batch with the new hub. I bet the same will happen in US when the new batch will be produced in Mexico. Previous models are still on stock/won't be produced anymore, therefore there are no issues here. At least this is the only reason for such an action - stock with old hubs will be directed to 3rd party suppliers which can sell both variants without any issues where Lego will keep only a new one on the website to do not confuse anyone - imagine that the parent is buying this set being 100% sure it has screws just to receive an older version without it. We will see in a few weeks if I was right.

What info do you have that says it's selling well? On UK's largest toy retailers website they have the buggy listed in dead last place among Technic sets, and dead last place among sets in it's price range among all themes. Of course this is based on only one toy retailer and only in the UK, so it's a small sample size. But I don't see anything that says it's selling well, only badly.

13 hours ago, User5346 said:

Pretty much, yes.

I did the same: Amazon.de was selling them at 82€, so I saw 2 signs that it was time to go for it.

Buggy is back on most of the European lego.com pages, with no apparent changes. Volvo is also back, Technic hub is still missing.

22 minutes ago, Jundis said:

@Jim I hope this post fits here.

According to Promobricks, the EOL list is out. Again surprisingly, the 42124 will be gone, just introduced this year... bad sales?

I have moved this post to this topic.

Is it the hefty price tag? Or have there been complaints about this set? I haven't heard anything that warrants an early retirement....other than the price tag.

Or is the information incorrect (most basic answer)?

19 hours ago, Jim said:

I have moved this post to this topic.

Is it the hefty price tag? Or have there been complaints about this set? I haven't heard anything that warrants an early retirement....other than the price tag.

Or is the information incorrect (most basic answer)?

A few weeks ago when we had the different Control+ sets and PU components disappearing on lego.com I called customer service and they confirmed that the buggy is planned to be retired by the end of the year.

I'm not sure about the reasons, but one possible cause might be that mystical Technic hub with screws from the 42129 promo shots. Since LEGO practically denied the existence so far, I guess it will appear in the upcoming sets but might be added to current / previous ones as well. But for the older ones like the buggy that might mean a re-release with a new set number.

The release of the Zetros without the new hub contradicts a bit to this theory, but I think we'll have to wait and see.

Time will tell if my decision of buying it now was good or not;-)

Anyway my son didn't manage to open battery box;-)

Shall I ask my cats to also try opening the battery box? No sample size is too small for TLG's statistics! :grin:

11 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Shall I ask my cats to also try opening the battery box? No sample size is too small for TLG's statistics! :grin:

Yep 😁😁 my son handles screwdriver better than opening bb for PF, PU and Mindstorms;-)