Digger of Bricks

LEGO Creator 2021 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Photos have surfaced showing the interior of the 3-in-1 Castle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjKLZyVPTCE

There's a an office/sitting room, blacksmith/armory area, kitchen, and jail.  The level of detail is moderate, but I think that allows for a lot of creativity and future modification.  For Castle enthusiasts, this is a seriously good collection of pieces.  Also of note, there are FIVE brick-built birds and a brick-built mouse!  There are all kinds of exciting possibilities here.  I am almost tempted to buy several of these castles and build an "alternate universe" Hogwarts MOC!  

The video also has some details on the fish tank and other sets, which look very cool. 

22 minutes ago, hagridshut said:

I am almost tempted to buy several of these castles and build an "alternate universe" Hogwarts MOC!  

I might just use it for MOCs as well, and then change faction easily by swapping Nexo Knight tiles on the towers and such.

That brings me to an idea of using my current Nexo Knight figures, since I have a lot of the main character figures, basicly the knights do already have a different emblem and color on their armor to make some crossover future knight factions.

Especially the knights themselves as seperate factions, like the generic soldiers + King/Queen would be lion knights, Clay (Blue Falcons) , Axl (Yellow Bulls) , Lance (White Horses), Macy (Red Dragons), Aaron (Green Fox/Wolfpack) by swapping heads and shield tiles, at least that seems like a fun use for duplicate characters.

2016 Nexo Knight got me back into LEGO after 15 years, so I collected most of it, and Castles certainly are among my favorite LEGO subjects, and after 5 years I want to do more then just display it.

Edited by TeriXeri

42 minutes ago, danth said:

So far those polybags seem to be linked to the LEGO explorer magazine, I really wish LEGO would sell them directly via their Polybag section on the shop, I think the magazine is available in Germany and maybe UK, but that still means limited distribution.

Even within the same theme, last year the City magazine had only 6 issues in NL while some other EU countries had 12, so it's heavily depends on publishers as well, and UK has another different distribution with 2 foil packs per magazine.

Edited by TeriXeri

Thank you all very much for the information! :classic:

The Ferris Wheel looks quite nice. But for someone who already has the CE one, this one can of course not compete with it. Nevertheless the ferris wheel itself is built very well and the balloon cart is great. I also like the swingboats and take into consideration to buy the set in order to built these. In contrast, the bumper cars are too simple - it's only a facade and the cars. :thumbup:

The Medieval Castle is a pure beauty! Supposably it's even better if we got a castle in a regular Castle line. It's great that Lego chose a realistic, non-fantasy style castle with a lot of details and many play functions and even two nice alternate builds - so with three sets you'll get an amazing castle! :wub:

Nevertheless I'm really disappointed about the fact that we don't get any Townhouse like in the previous year! :cry_sad:

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

On 5/22/2021 at 7:12 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Nevertheless I'm really disappointed about the fact that we don't get any Townhouse like in the previous year! :cry_sad:

Yeah I hope next year will have some more Town buildings again , 2022 would be 5 years since 2017, which was the last big year with multiple 3in1 "family" houses (2018 still had skate house/skihouse/cake shop however)

And while I do hope the Castle/Pirates/Space sets continue, right now 3in1 seems to try to cover too many styles and subjects at once.

2021 having no Creator Townhouse sets somewhat makes sense with the big introduction of City roads / buildings etc, but I do hope that wasn't the end of Creator Town sets.

Edited by TeriXeri

So far the Castle , Crocodile and Aquarium sets seem to have a somewhat limited availability outside LEGO.com.

Edited by TeriXeri

It's almost a month now, and the Castle and Aquarium are still LEGO exclusive here *huh*

Fingers crossed for some Creator residential builds next year! Ideally, similar to the older, bigger, fully enclosed style.

I picked up the castle, and can say its well worth every penny.  With it being modular, to a certain degree, it lends itself to being extended quite well. I’m just working in some MODs atm.  

The Ferris wheel was an odd one for me, as its just like a shrunken down version of the expert model.  No sign of an expert fairground this year, so maybe that’s all we’re going to get.

2 hours ago, Frequenzberater said:

Still waiting for any Information regarding a new fairground collection set. Wasnt it supposed to be a new set this year? 

According to rumors it should be something like that:

https://i.imgur.com/WXBlj5m.jpg

I’ve not seen or heard anything for that kind of ride.  I’d heard rumours of a pirate ship a while back, but it’s all gone quiet now.   The haunted house was released by now, so I’m beginning to wonder if we’re going to get one this year at all. I hope we do. Perhaps it’ll be a November/early December release to bag Christmas wish lists?

Hi guys,

Check out the latest speed build review video at our channel about the beautiful creator set 31117 space adventure…. Thanks you….. 

Hi guys,

Check out the latest speed build review video at our channel about the beautiful creator set 31121 crocodile…. Thanks you….. 

Edited by Technicallism

On 7/15/2021 at 8:09 PM, Technicallism said:

Hi guys,

Check out the latest speed build review video at our channel about the beautiful creator set 31121 crocodile…. Thanks you….. 

Thank you for sharing us with your awesome review video! Keep it up!

this crocodile looks cool to me.

Don't mean to nit-pick and certainly anyone can call it whatever they like but to me it looks more like an alligator than a crocodile.

On 8/10/2021 at 12:01 AM, Johnny1360 said:

Don't mean to nit-pick and certainly anyone can call it whatever they like but to me it looks more like an alligator than a crocodile.

Nah, you are good. :) I think you are right - it is alligator based on its snout (wide, rounded u-shaped one) while crocodile has a long, pointed, v-shaped snout. 

2017 dinosaur set potentially re-releasing as darkblue and brown variants is pretty cool, hope it sets up something for more recolored 3-in-1 sets as it's my favorite theme , and recolored parts are nice in a generic theme like 3-in-1.

Probably need to start a 2022 thread.

Anyhow, our friends on IG have a list of new Creator sets for next year.  A Viking ship and a townhouse are both on the list.  It could be a great year for Creator again!

4 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

The full list is on Promobricks - https://www.promobricks.de/lego-creator-2022/130235/

The $50 tiger sounds interesting. That has potential to be pretty detailed.

Viking ship is promising.

Oooo tiger and Viking ship! 

Since i can’t translate this into English, I wonder if it’s Viking ship as 3-in-1 like Pirate Ship and Medieval Castle sets. 

Edit: Never mind, I think I got it now. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

A lot of smaller sets in the first part of the year which is to be expected, also seems more animal based sets then usual.

Viking Ship is an interesting direction for the theme, wonder if it comes alongside the IDEAS one or not (remember 2020 had 2 pirate ships, and 2021 had Castle with Blacksmith), hopefully it has more then 3 figures, but as long as the figs have good equipment, 3 figs could still be good.

Noodle Shop could be nice if it's a larger budget set like the Pet Shop/Cafe.

Tiger being the largest animal set also makes sense seeing how it will be Year of the Tiger, so noodle shop and tiger seem to be partially oriented toward the asian market.

Edited by TeriXeri

Interested in learning more about the townhouse / noodle shop. Could be good to place next to the Spring Lantern Festival.

CLASSIC. THEMED. CREATOR. SETS.

You're welcome.

Also. Crap. Space ignored yet AGAIN. I think this really proves that Lego just isn't allowed to do Space sets per their Star Wars license agreement with Disney.